lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    PW: 223.8
    CW: 222.2. -1.6LB

Awesome loss!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm angry as heck. There is absolutely NO WAY that I've gained 10 lbs from last Friday. NO WAY. I don't understand it. My scale is on crack. I've ate 90% clean ALL FREAKING week.

PW: 228
    CW: 238

Steps: 7,349

Feel free to review my diary because I'm frustrated as HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Did you try changing the batteries? You would have to eat so many calories to gain 10 pounds so you are right there is no way. Did you have a high sodium meal? Do you weigh yourself weekly or daily?

We did change the batteries... I'm weighing in weekly (Friday). I did have a higher than normal sodium day yesterday but still... that shouldn't constitute a 10lb gain.

I will revamp my menu's and see what I can come up with. Move more and more water.

♥♥♥ hugs

• aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    Hey everyone! Today is a rest day for me from my cardio YouTube videos, but rather than not meet my step goal and just be a couch potato
    bpwb1rgitevw.gif
    I want to do an active rest day.
    I plan on taking a walk later and I just finished a 15 minute yoga stretch that actually got sweat going. Any suggestions on some other activities that aren't quite a workout, maybe in the 10-15 minute range?
    Have a grace for yourself during these tough times <3
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 yes it is a regulation 25 meter pool. It is a great feeling when you hit those nsv goals. Now to get that 50 meter fly.
    @melissadreed903 have you started a lifting or strength regimen? that can make the scale go nuts the first 3 weeks
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @melissadreed903 I'm so sorry - I know that was a shock - I looked at your food diary - given what you were eating, I can't imagine that you gained 10 pounds - do you have a different scale that you can try?
  • MsAmes77
    MsAmes77 Posts: 4 Member
    Well, my weekly check in is not pretty. This one stings a little considering I thought I was doing well and sticking my plan.

Username: MsAmes77
    PW: 221.6
    CW: 223.4

• melissadreed903

@melissadreed903 have you started a lifting or strength regimen? that can make the scale go nuts the first 3 weeks[/quote]

No lifting whatsoever. I'm hoping it's the scale.
  • melissadreed903
    peng123 wrote: »
    @melissadreed903 I'm so sorry - I know that was a shock - I looked at your food diary - given what you were eating, I can't imagine that you gained 10 pounds - do you have a different scale that you can try?

I'm getting a new scale this weekend. The one we have is really "cheapy". Probably need a reputable one.... ♥
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I am making Keto cookie cups with a cannoli cream and zero sugar chocolate chips .. I made a bunch of mozzarella sticks which I in the freezer and then I will fry them as I need ... making other things too but I don't want to bore you will it all ...
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @MsAmes77 I know you're disappointed with your weigh-in this week - the good news is that it's not a horrible gain at all - do you have a plan to try to reverse the gain? What can you do differently this week?

@melissadreed903 Excellent! Please let us know how that goes!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Excellent food prepping!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 4/15:
    Steps - 12032
    Calories 1900 or close. Went to sea world for the food festival one last time. Used the last of our food punches so no need to go back.
    Exercise 5 1/2 hours at sea world. Light sunburn on legs. Walk or gym tomorrow.

Leg is feeling well normally but it occasionally twinges when I stand.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/15
    Step count 8091
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 4/16

PW 231.7
    CW 231.7

No gain no loss this week. Hopefully this is just a temporary blip as I was down 1.4 pounds earlier in the week. But this is also where I plateaued before so we will see what the coming week brings.
  • lindamtuck2018
    I'm angry as heck. There is absolutely NO WAY that I've gained 10 lbs from last Friday. NO WAY. I don't understand it. My scale is on crack. I've ate 90% clean ALL FREAKING week.

PW: 228
    CW: 238

Steps: 7,349

Feel free to review my diary because I'm frustrated as HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Did you try changing the batteries? You would have to eat so many calories to gain 10 pounds so you are right there is no way. Did you have a high sodium meal? Do you weigh yourself weekly or daily?

We did change the batteries... I'm weighing in weekly (Friday). I did have a higher than normal sodium day yesterday but still... that shouldn't constitute a 10lb gain.

I will revamp my menu's and see what I can come up with. Move more and more water.

♥♥♥ hugs

It’s good that you are getting a new scale. I have seen people with large weekly gains but usually it’s been after a scale change. I have had 6 pound gains after a high sodium day. Hope the scale change makes the difference.

Hey everyone! Today is a rest day for me from my cardio YouTube videos, but rather than not meet my step goal and just be a couch potato
    I want to do an active rest day.
    I plan on taking a walk later and I just finished a 15 minute yoga stretch that actually got sweat going. Any suggestions on some other activities that aren't quite a workout, maybe in the 10-15 minute range?
    Have a grace for yourself during these tough times <3

I googled some ideas for an active rest day: easy hike with family or friends, easy bike ride, easy swim, light stretching, play with dogs or kids, fun sport or activity
    MsAmes77 wrote: »
    Well, my weekly check in is not pretty. This one stings a little considering I thought I was doing well and sticking my plan.

Username: MsAmes77
    PW: 221.6
    CW: 223.4

Keep sticking with your plan. There are many reasons why you can have a weight gain even if you are doing well. Everything including sodium, hydration, stress, higher carbs than usual, new exercise, time of month, sleep, not being regular. Hopefully, next week things will start moving in the right direction.
    I am making Keto cookie cups with a cannoli cream and zero sugar chocolate chips .. I made a bunch of mozzarella sticks which I in the freezer and then I will fry them as I need ... making other things too but I don't want to bore you will it all ...

Does sound delicious.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 4/15:
    Steps - 12032
    Calories 1900 or close. Went to sea world for the food festival one last time. Used the last of our food punches so no need to go back.
    Exercise 5 1/2 hours at sea world. Light sunburn on legs. Walk or gym tomorrow.

Leg is feeling well normally but it occasionally twinges when I stand.

Great steps! Have you been doing stretches for your hamstrings?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 4/16

PW 231.7
    CW 231.7

No gain no loss this week. Hopefully this is just a temporary blip as I was down 1.4 pounds earlier in the week. But this is also where I plateaued before so we will see what the coming week brings.

A few people have had a blip this week. If you do hit a plateau, I am sure the team will have some ideas on how to break through.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps 10,262

Not sure of my exercise plan today. I haven’t slept well for a couple of nights so that always throws me off. Hopefully, once I get to the pool I will get some energy and have a great swim. Don’t expect me to set any new swim records though. 😂
  • KarlyM59
    KarlyM59 Posts: 15 Member
    Username : KarlyM59
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 2
    Previous weight : 299.6
    Current weight : 301.2

This gain (1.6 lb) is my fault. I usually don't eat salty foods, because I retain water after eating them. Which was the problem with yesterday's meal. Will try to refrain from eating any salty foods this coming week.

Hopefully, I will be back down into the 200s by next week's weigh in.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    Thanks @lindamtuck2018 ! Have a great weekend!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The Week 3 Group Challenge has been posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Apr 17th. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862101/april-week-3-group-challenge-bust-a-move#latest

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.