Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 231.2
    CW 234.2

Still a little more to lose from my recent vacation.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday

Sorry, I forgot to post yesterday. We're on a mini vacation and I forgot to check my weight before we left.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Jazzadesigns
    Saturday
    PW: 216.9
    CW: 215.7 (-1.2)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 133
    CW 135
    Oh no !! Guess holidays & birthdays put the pounds on.That lemon meringue pie 🥧 was delicious though !! I'm now on a mission to get to goal before my next holiday.
    Only 8 weeks so better get moving.
    @coblujay you've done great,healthy goals are the best.Any tips ?
    @LaurieWrobo hope your husband's surgery went well,sending hugs to you & your family x
    It's a lovely sunny day so I am going to ignore my huge pile of ironing & go for a walk instead.
    My steps
    4/12 7,581
    4/13 11,780
    4/14 19,980
    4/15 10,903
    Have a great Saturday everyone
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 195.0

I feel like I may be starting to get my eating under control. Still dealing with plantar fasciitis, so I haven’t done my usual walks in about three weeks. It seems to be incrementally improving, kinda two steps forward, one step back.

@cre804 What steps have to taken that are working for you? I find I need not only good arch supports, but also heel pads (Dr Scholl's) as well and the combination of both of those allow me to walk daily...I also stretch out my arch before getting up in the mornings too...the only time I really feel any pain any more is overnight when I get up for any reason and once I slip on my flip flops with arches (Vionic) I'm good. Even that is getting less and less now.

I'm glad you've found something that works for you...that pain is horrible I know...some people have sworn on using Birkenstocks as well...they have amazing arches built in, but it takes a little getting used to them...I went that route before I discovered Vionics.

Great loss this week! WTG!
    Jessica

I had severe PF issues about 12 years ago so I still have some of the tools from back then. I have iced, taped, massaged, stretched. I have stretching exercises that I do several times a day. I do need to foam roll my calf more. I have a percussion gun that I just started using on it. I have a hard 3 inch ball and a rocker thingy for stretching. I think one of the most helpful tools are the heel cups I got from Heel That Pain. They have a bar that helps stretch the fascia and are very comfortable. HTP has a great website with lots of articles and videos of ways to treat it. And I have some comfortable, supportive shoes including Brooks Ghost athletic shoes, Sketchers sandals and Vionics.

Strangely, I usually don’t have pain first thing in the morning but it comes and goes throughout the day, then intensifies if I’ve been on my feet a lot.

Of course, losing weight would help take some stress off my feet so I should add this to my reasons to recommit to improving my diet.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Stress eating continues-my husband is sore, in & out of making sense due to meds he's on
    Been going up to hospital 2x a day - not celebrating Easter tomorrow either I'll be at hospital later morning
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.0
    CW 195.5

Sorry I’m late. For some reason I couldn’t access the Community boards yesterday.

Up a blip from last week but it’s trending downward for the week. At least til yesterday. I went shopping for Easter weekend meals since my daughter was driving up for the weekend. Well, she has tonsillitis again and is feeling bad so will be staying in Houston instead. I had a bit of a pity party and ate a bunch of junk that I bought for her visit.

Kayla hasn’t been home since Christmas, although we drove down to see her a couple weeks ago. She is moving next weekend and in May we are all going to Florida so I’m not sure when she’ll be able to make it home. She’s usually here about once a month so it’s definitely the longest time she’s been away. Anyway, gotta refocus and get on track.

I’m still dealing with Plantar Fasciitis so still no walking, but I’ve been consistent with yoga and weights. It’s such a slow healing process that it’s frustrating. But I do believe it’s incrementally improving. Just hate that I’ve had to give up my walks.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 257 Member
    Yukie_OP Sat Weigh-in :
    PW: 136
    CW: 134

Steps update (6,800 goal)
    4/13 - 7,351
    4/14 - 6,841
    4/15 - 5,068
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @izzyred9400 where are you headed for your next holiday?

@LaurieWrobo I’m sorry to hear things are rough. I hope they turn around soon.

@cre804 i hope she is feels better soon and that your plantar fasciitis improves.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @LaurieWrobo How's your hubby feeling today? Are you holding up ok? Thinking of you today...
    @cre804 Sorry your plans were messed up...bad news always hits me hard...hopefully you can bounce back quickly...
    @Yukie_OP Nice loss!! WTG!
    @jazzadesigns Great loss this week! I know you're thrilled!
    @izzyred9400 We all have to live...so you'll take that tiny bit off quickly...
    @casandraw Next week will be better I'm sure!!!
    @bearchested and @KHill875 Enjoy time away and check in once you return...

Gotta head out for a bit and clear my head...tax time gives me a headache...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    The Week 3 Group Challenge has been posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Apr 17th. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862101/april-week-3-group-challenge-bust-a-move#latest

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    r771mxv3tyft.png
    However you're celebrating this weekend, please enjoy time with family and friends and whisper a prayer for those who are alone or suffering throughout the world.
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    4/11 6,641
    4/12 6,078
    4/13 5,456
    4/14 7,477
    4/15 7,669
  • jessicakrall8
    REMINDER...

Missing the following weigh ins for the week (incl today):

@PamStellick
    @AveLyra (2 wks)
    @Smlisley
    @Chalmation
    @Pupowl

Work on the stats usually begins early on Sunday morning, so please report in ASAP. Thanks all! Steppers...please catch up your stats for week 2. Thank you!
    Jessica
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 131.2
    CW 132
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 210.1
    CW: 214

Sorry for being a bit late. Hoping to move the scale in the right direction next week.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Steps
    April 13: 13.170
    April 14: 15.732
    April 15: 16.880
    April 16: 16.734

Hello Shape Shifters. I am sorry I haven't been here much. My eating and mood were both still bad. I started walking a bit more, though hitting 12k steps was already pretty good. My plan now is to hit 10k before 18:00 and around 18:00 I go for an extra 40 minute walk. Because fresh air is healthy and it lets me clear my head a bit. I will eat at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and a bigger meal at 16:30. No more excuses, just execute it and it will be fine. I have been keeping up with the gym of course which is going well. Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    Daily Step goal: 6,000
    Thu 4/14: 5,658
    Fri 4/15: 6,600
    Sat 4/16: 6,590
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

s94olpw3xxlv.png
    udm0fp5v54bk.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ikpknga4gokg.png

By Pounds
    msay1kootmvb.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    369u5j64zhxz.png

By Pounds
    2bomn9ydiaaw.png
    1eyzk16x4lqx.png

Team Winners

y9vmsrn2vmng.png
  • jessicakrall8
    CONGRATS to all winners and honorable mentions!
    Jess
This discussion has been closed.