Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Happy Easter all. I hope you did better than me in refraining from sweets. I got an Easter basket from my daughter.
    Check in for 4/17:
    Steps - 4523.
    Calories - close to 2200. Expecting a large gain. Back at it tomorrow.
    Exercise - washed the car this morning and went to the gym in afternoon. 12 machines but no cardio. Came home and made dinner.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 307 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Apr 18, 2022)
    PW: 223.9
    CW: 227.3
    SW: 240

If my weigh-in would have been yesterday I'd have been down about half a pound but instead, I'm up nearly 3 and a half pounds! Did I eat some chocolate … yes (but not that much). I'm sure the culprit is all the salt. Between going to my brothers house for Easter Brunch and then hosting Easter dinner for my wife's side of the family - I'm guilty of over-portioning. Oh well, at least the food was delicious. I'll be drinking a lot of water today to start flushing the sodium from my system and I'm looking forward to much better results next Monday!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/17
    Step count 8039
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,465 Member

Hi all

Happy Easter.

28HAVEITALL
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Pw 250.2

Cw 249.2

Hope all are good. Have enjoyed my treat of chocolates today 😋

Have a lovely week.

Nice loss!

red1185 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody. I missed last week, but I’m here now. Though, I will say these past few weeks have not been good for me weight-wise.
    My numbers:
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 165.4
    Steps:
    4/10: 2,112
    4/11: 9,184
    4/12: 10,393
    4/13: 6,534
    4/14: 5,695
    4/15: 4,750
    4/16: 7,362
    4/17: 3,763

I really need to get back in the habit of checking in here several times a week. I do think that will help.

I’m frustrated, but I’ll figure it out. Summer and my beach vacations are just around the corner, too. I have a lot of work to do!

I understand your frustration. Finding the balance between vacations, holidays, etc. and weight loss can be hard. Set some goals. Checking in x number of times would be a great one. You can do this!

Happy Easter 🐣 Sunday team. ♥️ Sorry for my late post and also for my gain this week. It’s been one of those weeks.

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 2
    Previous weight : 209.8
    Current weight : 2011.8

Mari, Can you confirm your weight? I have entered it as 211.8 but just want to make sure.

sorry Linda I have been having so much trouble getting into MFP since Friday. I had to go on a computer for my weigh in. Yes it’s 211.8. Sorry for the typo.

Thanks!
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! And Happy Easter to those celebrating!

4/16:
    Calories: 1,130
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 13,822

I did a nice, 6-mile jog this morning - loved it!

@mari_moulin - Amazing steps! No need to apologize for a gain, ever!

@rwood566 - Amazing steps for you as well! I don't have a special Easter dinner planned - I'm just sticking with my plan.

@gharvey2753 Congrats on your loss - you will be under 170 in no time!

@Morethanjustanumber Your Easter dinner sounds delicious!

@Cheesy567 You never have to apologize for a gain - it happens to all of us! I'm so impressed that you have a travel scale!

@28Haveitall2020 Wonderful loss - congratulations!!

I hope you are all enjoying your day!

Cara

I am so impressed with your jogging.
  • lindamtuck2018
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Happy Easter all. I hope you did better than me in refraining from sweets. I got an Easter basket from my daughter.
    Check in for 4/17:
    Steps - 4523.
    Calories - close to 2200. Expecting a large gain. Back at it tomorrow.
    Exercise - washed the car this morning and went to the gym in afternoon. 12 machines but no cardio. Came home and made dinner.

I didn’t eat chocolate yesterday but our brunch had a lot of calories putting me over for the day.
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Apr 18, 2022)
    PW: 223.9
    CW: 227.3
    SW: 240

If my weigh-in would have been yesterday I'd have been down about half a pound but instead, I'm up nearly 3 and a half pounds! Did I eat some chocolate … yes (but not that much). I'm sure the culprit is all the salt. Between going to my brothers house for Easter Brunch and then hosting Easter dinner for my wife's side of the family - I'm guilty of over-portioning. Oh well, at least the food was delicious. I'll be drinking a lot of water today to start flushing the sodium from my system and I'm looking forward to much better results next Monday!

There will be a few of us with a gain this week. You know it’s not a true weight gain so next week you will see good results.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/17
    Step count 8039

Nice steps on a holiday Sunday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Congrats to @jayenguk @jimboden3 @888Angie888 on being the top three weight losers for our team!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

4/17:
    Calories: 1,158
    Exercise: 6-mile jog
    Steps: 18,164

My goal is to try to close all the rings on my apple watch this month - so far, so good! I was able to stick with my plan through Easter - very happy about that. Holidays are always challenging.

@rwood566 Easter is always difficult - so many tasty treats - but I know you will get right back on your program today - your persistence is so amazing.

@jimboden3 Salt is diabolical - LOL! I'm sure the weight is from water and you will be able to flush it out of your system in no time!

@28Haveitall2020 Congratulations on your loss! Great week!

@red1185 We are always here for you - I definitely find that checking in is helpful.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps 4,075

As you can see by my steps, yesterday I took a rest day. I am going to the pool soon and I need to do a good workout. I don’t think I will get my badge this month with my Apple Watch. I need to burn 1,182 calories each day for the rest of the month. 😮
  • lindamtuck2018
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

4/17:
    Calories: 1,158
    Exercise: 6-mile jog
    Steps: 18,164

My goal is to try to close all the rings on my apple watch this month - so far, so good! I was able to stick with my plan through Easter - very happy about that. Holidays are always challenging.

@rwood566 Easter is always difficult - so many tasty treats - but I know you will get right back on your program today - your persistence is so amazing.

@jimboden3 Salt is diabolical - LOL! I'm sure the weight is from water and you will be able to flush it out of your system in no time!

@28Haveitall2020 Congratulations on your loss! Great week!

@red1185 We are always here for you - I definitely find that checking in is helpful.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

We posted at the same time. I keep meaning to ask how you are doing on the April challenge for the Apple Watch. It’s an insane challenge! I have no doubt that you will achieve your goal of closing the rings each day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    Be back soon ...we are off for a longer walk this morning since this is my daughter's last day of no school :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    No pool today! 😢 Elevator is not working and I can’t walk down 11 floors with my back. I have an appointment this afternoon so I will do mini walks today.
  • peng123
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so sorry that the elevator isn't working - mini walks sound like a great alternative - good for you for coming up with an alternative! Your apple watch challenge is so much harder than mine - I just have to burn 586 calories per day - I don't think I could do 1,182 each day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    We walked 165 minutes and walked 6.15 miles with a burn of 928 calories :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 236.4
    CW (Current Weight): 237

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in.

Was debating whether to weigh in for the next few weeks, but here I am. I've actually managed to take dogs out for a walk 4 days in a row despite food not being so good, any movement is better than none. Aiming to go to a local park in next few days. The weather has been lovely last few days, managed to get some gardening done too. Next week will be starting prep on own and I'm looking forward to making veggie recipes.

I will get back on track, just may take some time to adjust between upcoming social events and not being on prep service.. the fire hasn't been put out however! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so sorry that the elevator isn't working - mini walks sound like a great alternative - good for you for coming up with an alternative! Your apple watch challenge is so much harder than mine - I just have to burn 586 calories per day - I don't think I could do 1,182 each day!

I took more rest days than usual so that has bumped up the amount I need to get daily to reach the 31,500. Thanks, I was my own worst enemy and did too much. 🤷‍♀️
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Good evening. My lunch today had a pretty hefty caloric price tag, but fortunately I’m still not hungry. It was a giant burger. Since I’m still full, no need to eat dinner! I also have a headache, so no wine for me tonight either. Maybe my body is just telling me to take a break.

As far as exercise is concerned: I beat my goal of 7k by more than 2k steps!
    I have also had a lot of water!

Today was super busy, but I made sure to get my exercise and water in. I need to keep it up. I can’t regain this weight. I worked hard to get it off. I can’t go backwards!

I’m also hoping that some of this weight is TOM, and a very calorically heavy holiday weekend. We did both Passover and Easter! Passover for my Dad’s side and Easter for my mom’s side. Tons of food at each. Hopefully at least some of the weight is because of that.

Enjoy your evening!
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8 (1/7/22)
    PW: 178.0
    CW: 174.4
    LTD: 5.4

Firstly, I am deeply apologetic for the late post. I did weigh-in on Saturday but did not log it. Please accept my apology.

Secondly, yes, I am thrilled for my 1-week loss, however it is not a true representation as I did a 2-day cleanse Thursday & Friday, so a more accurate weight would have been 2 days later.

Needless to say, I had a strong week!
    until ... :-( ... I didn't. :-(

I need to reel it again.

2 steps forward, 1 back

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Good morning all. Hope you had a good Easter. I'm finally seeing some progress and the scale is going down. Yeay! 😁 Have a great week all
  • peng123
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

4/18:
    Calories: 1,160
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 11,346

I woke up with a sore throat this morning - so I won't be hopping on the elliptical for now - a great friend of mine who lives in London sent me some medicine several months ago - it's what the queen uses when she gets a sore throat - I've never seen something like it in the US - it's like aspirin that you gargle with - it's supposed to work well - so I'm going to give that a try today.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Amazing mileage! Go you!!

@mszoueb Your gain wasn't bad at all - and you're right, some movement is better than none at all - keep checking in here and we will cheer you on to help you get back on track!

@lindamtuck2018 That is still over 1,000 calories to burn per day - to me, that's a huge amount!

@red1185 Congrats on the steps - great job! You will not regain the weight - try to get right back on plan when you have higher calorie days.

@Gwiz401 No need to apologize at all - and - what a great loss - congrats!!

I hope you are all having a great day!

Cara
This discussion has been closed.