What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Landscapers mostly done (still have to do the turf and one palm tree but the back isn't a nasty construction zone any longer! Yeah!).

Got out the rower and rowed just 6K easy and then another 20 minutes on the Assault Bike. Missed yesterday with it being Easter. I'm the home chef so I didn't feel like rowing an hour before cooking six hours! I do it up for all the Holidays on food.

Today was around 85 at lunch and no breeze. Getting up there quick now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Rest day...just walked the dog. My workout yesterday has left me feeling like I was hit by a truck.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    After a week of not much physical activity at the in-laws' place, I was happy to get back to my elliptical. My typical 45 minutes felt pretty good considering I'm still catching up on lost sleep (and recovering from overindulging on Easter candy). :smile:

Hope you are all doing well.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Monday, snow day 🙄, indoor row day. The usual 3 x 2K with 2' row out/drink/row in and final CD. On the 2k pieces, 2:28.7 average pace, 17 spm. Overall, 6,682m and Garmin says just 599 strokes 😆. Around 14' (40%) in each of Z4 and Z3, remainder below.
  • cwolfman13
    12x2 hang snatch
    8x4 power snatch from blocks
    4x5 behind the neck push press
    4x15 back squat
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2022
    Did some rowing machine sprints on the deck today. Wanted to at least get to 6 X 500m/1 rest. Did that and didn't have much left. Then, just since I couldn't do 8 in a row, did four more unstrapped.

First real hard rowing interval workout in a few weeks, so not too unhappy. 1:58 average on the first six. Around 2:09 average on the four more unstrapped.

Also did supersets this AM -- compound shoulders, legs and chest. Since I missed Easter, I'll likely do some extra sets today. I normally make sure I get to at least six sets. Today I'll try for 8. Typical one set would be 20 pushups or cable chest flies (12 to 15), deadlifts @ 150 lbs or 72 lb KB Swings (around 12), 40 lb shoulder pressups (each arm) or 20 lb lateral raises for shoulders (14 or so each set).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Back at the gym after vacation. 45 minutes of kettlebell, TRX, stability ball work, etc with the trainer.
  • AnnPT77
    Phoned in another stationary bike ride while playing games on my phone. (I'm feeling imposter syndrome on this thread lately . . . 😉 . . . ). The usual 10k + 3' CD, 95W average on the 10k, about 29' for the whole deal, all mid-Z3 and below (and more Z2 than Z3 at that).

It's still cold here, expected to be below freezing again overnight. 😐
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went bouldering. It was really good fun. It was a 2 hour session.

I was on good form; I sent quite a lot of stuff. There is one wall where I got all the 6A/6B graded climbs (my normal hit rate on these is around 50%).
  • cwolfman13
    I was going to go out for a ride this afternoon, but I just went outside to get something from my car and the wind is blowing around 30 MPH...so I guess I'll be Zwifting.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Another 45 min. on the elliptical, about half the time in Zone 3, some small dips into Zone 4, with the rest Zone 2. My overall pace was higher than it has been, and I added some intervals in the last 10 minutes. It felt good!
  • MikePfirrman
    @AnnPT77 -- based on how we're heating up, you're not far off from rowing on the water. I think you've done incredibly well this Winter knowing it's not your cup of tea.

Got out earlier today and did 10K on the rower out on the deck. Turf crew is coming later today and wanted to done, cleaned up and be done eating lunch when they came.

All was pretty easy, though I let HR drift a bit too high. 2:25 pace average for the 10K. Let the HR drift up to around 80% max but vast majority was under 75%. First 6K under 70%.
  • Djproulx
    Easy 40 minute trail run today.
  • AnnPT77
    Back to the rowing machine, usual 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), 6,806m in 35' including row out/in and CD, 2:27.1 pace on the (slightly negative splitted) 2k pieces, average 21spm. Pretty moderate, 60% Z3, up into mid Z4 for 6:36 (18%), remainder below. HR peak at 85% max, or a little under 80% reserve.

@MikePfirrman, I know the heat coming on where you are doesn't make your rowing workouts easier or more pleasant. For whatever reason, here, consistent Spring weather is later in coming this year than average. I don't talk about it on this thread, but another hobby is growing some ornamentals, indoors and out; I especially like the outdoor early Spring bulbs. Facebook has been slapping me for weeks with "memories" from past seasons that show things in full bloom, when those same things haven't even remotely gotten started yet this year.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    On 4/20 ran 4.2 miles in 42 mins. Well almost…..

Had to fight the win I did bad math and ended up sprinting the last .20 but missed it by 36 secs.. 😂

ieltcfds3jzz.jpeg

….. and for those of you in the know on my user name. Mota is my actual last name.. so 4/20 is a special day for me…

• Djproulx
    I plucked up the courage to join a cycling club on a workout they call (I’m sure inappropriately) a chain gang. Eight riders riding two abreast, taking turns on the front moving clockwise. You have to come off the back and chase the man in front (and it was men, I was the only woman) and stick on their wheel until you reach the front, then the next guy comes up and sits on the front.
    I’ve just started riding again so my fitness is not anything like club ride standard, and I didn’t know anyone.. so I was really nervous! But I did it, and they looked after me. I had to drop out at the end because I was absolutely toast, but a couple of the guys hung back and looked after me and told me to come back next week.
    It ended up being a 1hr 50 ride, 29 miles, about 17.4 mph average.
    My aim is to make sure I go back again next week and hang on for a bit longer!

That sounds fun and challenging! Way to go. Nothing wrong with a 2hr/17.4mph workout!
    I'm sure that during your turns at the front "pulling" you were really working hard.

I've often told friends that when cycling with our group (mostly women, btw), I feel like I'm being chased by a pack of wolves. One of the women even took a snarky comment I made and had team shirts printed for the female riders that say "Torture Sisters" on the front, with a bloody chain ring emblem. So I guess I should watch my comments going forward. ;)
  • Djproulx
    Gym session with trainer this am. Two 18 minute blocks, each consisting of 4 different movements done as a circuit as many times as possible. First circuit: KB sit to standing position, pushups done on Bosu, Calf raises/heel drops, rope slams. Second Circuit: Side lunges on slider, planks with arm reaches, biceps curls from kneeling position, sled push down/back. Managed to work up quite a sweat. :)

Hope to get out on the bike tonight if schedule allows.
  • MikePfirrman
    'Round an hour again today of Steady State work. 6K on the rower (at slightly under 2:25 pace) and then another half hour on the LateralX. Avg HR at 65% max and all under 72% max -- so a bit higher than I like it but overall controlled.