• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    Welcome back, @BethE238!
  • quiltingjaine
    @Hilogirl2018 Happy belated birthday!
  • quiltingjaine
    @CamandJarvis I wish people here would slow down when it rains. Our TOTAL rainfall last year was 1.87 inches. Definitely drought! When we get light rain, the streets are “slicker than snot” because they seldom get a hard cleansing rain. People don’t realize it’s like driving on ice - until they try to brake quickly or turn a corner too fast.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,021 Member
    @CamandJarvis I wish people here would slow down when it rains. Our TOTAL rainfall last year was 1.87 inches. Definitely drought! When we get light rain, the streets are “slicker than snot” because they seldom get a hard cleansing rain. People don’t realize it’s like driving on ice - until they try to brake quickly or turn a corner too fast.

I don't mind going slower in rain by any means! But the traffic it caused was horrible. We'd speed up and then people would slam on brakes. When I say 20-30mph, I mean average speed across the city. It was horrible and very dangerous. Plus, a 5 lane highway and people weaving in and out. It wasn't raining hard, just a sprinkle (for hours by then), but people were driving like you couldn't see 2 inches in front of the car! A slow, but steady, pace would've been much better, less dangerous, and honestly faster.

Luckily, though, I didn't pass or see any accidents from the madness so at least there's that. If there was one, it happened behind me and I was unaware. But a few close calls near me for sure
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
    @musicsax So sorry to hear about your Uncle. How nice you were able to attend the funeral to honor his life.