Do you believe in ghosts?

1234568»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    As einstein once said

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

I believe our souls are our energy and is still present after death.

Maybe our brain sees the energy of the deceased as what they once were, It's just a thought?

I actually sit on the fence with this topic because I've had some unexplainable events but am still a sceptic.

Love your user name. :)

I like that quote.

I've shared this on the forums before but saying it again. :) When my dad passed away 12 years ago, I was staying in his hospital room. I'd sit with him most of the day, walk around, spend the nights there. I had just curled up on a reclining chair across the room from him and falling asleep for the night. His bed had been pushed up against the window and the light was coming from behind him. Something had me pop my eyes open and glance across the room, just in time to *know* he had just barely passed away and I saw......something......a wisp.....soul..... energy....leave his body and float away. Call it what you will but it's an image I'll remember until I die. And I'm as skeptical as they come.

thats-deep-head-nod.gif
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    This kind of relates to the topic but has anyone ever heard of The Cokeville Miracle? I watched the movie the other day and it's based on a true story. It happened at an elementary school in Cokeville, Wyoming(IIRC) and evidently many of the students involved, saw dead ancestors along with angels. Any thoughts? I found it very interesting.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @ReenieHJ I've seen it and I believe it with all of my heart.
  • LoveyChar
    I do not believe it's a figment of anyone's imagination. I used to discount peoples' claims of paranormal activity before it happened to me. People don't "invent ghosts" because they can't understand something. I don't understand nuclear physics or rocket science but I'm not inventing it in my head, either. Some people have no clue and they're the first to share their "expertise," and I say this with a giggle since it's truly ignorance at its finest that they have to interject on every whim. I was every bit that clueless, once, and I wish wish wish I still was...

Also, I do think some people are extra sensitive and see more, feel more, hear more than others. I don't consider myself extra sensitive, just sensitive enough...
  • SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    Yes, I do. I've had a few experiences I will go on record believing they involved paranormal activity.

I've offered up the events to others who have discounted me as 'crazy'. At this point, I generally keep stuff like this to myself.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Yes, I do. I've had a few experiences I will go on record believing they involved paranormal activity.

I've offered up the events to others who have discounted me as 'crazy'. At this point, I generally keep stuff like this to myself.

It's truly sad when others resort to calling people, like yourself, crazy because of different experiences. :(

I know I mentioned in a prior reply that I believe in 'signs' from deceased family members because I've had experiences involving those. And I do wish I'd had ghost experiences because it would certainly give me more of a tangible reason to believe. Some things I have to see myself. :( It's not that I really doubt, it's just that I'm not totally on board either. I know, I'm bad at explaining my thoughts.
  • LoveyChar
    I've never thought anyone was crazy but I've always chalked it up to an overactive imagination in the past. I've never even believed people were lying to me. I had a friend tell me years ago that he had a little girl ghost in his house and he left the television on for her all day. I thought, at first, that he was kidding. He was not...
  • SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    As my mom was dying, she was experiencing death-bed visions of family long, long, long past and was talking with them. She would quietly mention out loud who was there to see her. She shortly passed hours later.

I for one believed she saw who she did.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. I don't want to step on any deeply felt principles. Ironically, it's far more acceptable to impress views of nothingness onto others. To be fair, that road should run both directions with respect for all.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I believe that it’s possible people experience unexplained encounters with what most call ghosts.

I don’t necessarily believe in ghosts the way most people describe ghosts.
    You won’t ever catch me with a Ouija Board though, lol.

Dimensions, I’m leaning more towards multiple dimensions.
  • kayhryngc
    kayhryngc Posts: 1,623 Member
    The Cowardly Lion and I agree exactly the same way......"I do believe in ghosts...I do.,.I do believe in ghosts.". The only time I feel it was a ghost was when stayed at a hotel traveling from Ohio to Nebraska. Kept turning to look in direction that kept seeing something. Each look brought more into focus until saw elderly gentleman sitting in plush chair. All who kept looking ( where I was looking) said saw nothing. Also, two different houses I lived in between 7 and 13, whitenessed two demons. I can still see every detail after 50 years. Was so scared to move, that I sat in living room staring at front door until the sun came up.
  • LoveyChar
    I've never seen anything. But I know people who've claimed to see demons. I believe them. For me, I'm terrified to see anything I can't explain. Someone once told me that if it was a demon in my presence that it would show itself because demons want you to be terrified. Makes sense, but I don't know.