April 19

13»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    withdrawing from this challenge as can't keep it together "food wise".
    But have been successful because this challenge has helped me re start daily exercising.
    Thx.

Hi @Lynn_W,
    Bravo on the daily exercise!! That is a KEy skill to have developed!!

I respect whatever decision you make, and I want to add as I begin my 5th year here in UAC, EVERY time a little voice creeps in “eh why don’t you stop?” ends up being EXACTLY when I need UAC the most! 🌷it’s my “Monkey Brain” trying to fool me into regaining my weight!!!!

Give yourself time to solidify that habit, then maybe make one positive change to a food you eat…each week.

Remember, if you post every day, you ARE a champion! We all know that losing weight, building exercising habits, etc. are a mind game & UAC keeps our mind in the game.

Be kind to yourself & take baby steps & you will be victorious!

Hugs 🌸
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    ✅✅❎
    Champion
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    withdrawing from this challenge as can't keep it together "food wise".
    But have been successful because this challenge has helped me re start daily exercising.
    Thx.

I will like to say, please don't withdraw. The last few weeks have been really hard for me. Too many things happening at once. But, this group have helped me stay focus on my health.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,090 Member
    So happy to see so many champions still here! I find that this group really helps esp when I am struggling. As far as primary roles - I think I am the classic cat lady. LOL. When I had a partner it was a lot harder to put my health as a priority. (please stay in bed and don't get up early to run....) And I think with kids and a partner it would complicate things even more.

My husband definitely likes to try to keep me in bed in the mornings too, even though I'm a morning person and if I can get up early I enjoy my exercise best then :)

I have cats too, and I feel bad now that I didn't mention them when I mentioned my dog! Oops. I was thinking from a purely "my dog gets me out of the house" perspective, but the cats bring us a lot of joy as well.

• ashleycarole86
    @makattack220 You are a great example of "doing the work". I can tell with your comments on mindset work, habit formation, and the like that you are a very intentional person in your journey. Thanks for sharing!
  • ashleycarole86
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    3 yeses for yesterday 7 used for the month
    Primary roles
    Mom/spouse/dog mom. I do get a lot of movement being taxi driver to my kids. I do enjoy intentional exercise. Gym Membership is ending as school ends but I need creatively and already thinking about it.
    Hubby not too supportive but better than he was

Taxi driver indeed!! When I was a kid, my Mom definitely played that role... she was always shuttling my brother and I to one sport or another.

What do you think your plans once the gym membership ends will be?
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    4/19/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    No to exercise.
    Yes to tracking & at or under calories.
    Pass days: all used
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @ashleycarole86 -hi! So my plans include jogging and biking (not great on my bike but I enjoy jogging)-still want to do both. And yucky weather I have YouTube videos and ringfit on Nintendo switch. And if I can’t get my 10,000 in due to weather, Leslie Sansone
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Elbee1 -great job on continuing to track!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Thank you, @bookieNJ !