Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 189.8
    CW: 188.2
    Month +/-: -5.2
    Total Loss: 76.2

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @amioc @laurelfit57 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@laurelfit57 Wow, so close to goal! Woo hoo!

@Cornanda Yes! Thank you. I'm so glad to have a refrigerator again! I'm glad you are making progress on your to-do list. I love ham. I may get one next weekend if they have them still.

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I spent most of yesterday meal prepping for the week. I made 3 recipes (Taco Chili, Greek Chicken Tzatziki Bowls, and Greek Turkey Meatballs) and I cut up 2 pineapples and a cantaloupe. It took a long time but will be worth it. I feel ready for the week!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 I hope you had a great Easter with your family. Soooo did the macadamia nuts have chocolate on them. Either way, I would have eaten too many! :grin:

@laurelfit57 Wahoooo on being in the 130s!! B) You have been so consistent in your effort and proved to yourself and the rest of us that if you do put in the work it will pay off. I’m super happy for you and can’t wait to celebrate once you get that last 3.8 lbs off. :grin:

@Cornanda Easter was very nice and I certainly hope Joe gets that cath our tomorrow. I’m wayyy too involved with my husband’s bodily functions! :s What steps are you going to take this week to help with your health? I am finding it helpful to put things down in writing and refer to them often. ;)

@trooworld that is a good deal of meal prepping and will for sure pay off for you this week. :)

Hi Team! Today has been fairly OK. The last two mornings, Joe has been dealing with some major dizziness. We are going to have to see his primary about readjusting his meds because having him pass out on me every morning is getting old! :# Tomorrow we go to the urologist and maybe we will get some useful answers there. I’m really praying we don’t end up with more bad news. I was happy to lose a little weight this week and if it wasn’t for my yummy dinner and pie and ice cream, it would have been even more. Next week! :grin:
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 3/25: 223.8

Check in weight (4/1/2022): 224.4
    Check in weight (4/8/2022): 225.9
    Check in weight (4/15/2022):225.9
    Check in weight (4/22/2022):
    Check in weight (4/29/2022):
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2022
    Lol, on Saturday morning I broke the handle on our kitchen faucet. It was dripping and I pushed on it too hard and broke it, it still turned the water off when in the middle but on in both directions. Hub sent me to Home Depot with instructions on what to buy, brand, size, etc. I found one that really appealed to me but brought home two styles in case he didn't like it. We got it installed. I love it, but hub asked me why I got that one, I could only state the truth, it appealed to me. He does not like the handles they are a bit longer than the last style. I love the sprayer; it locks in 4 positions. I don't have to fight it to get it to stay pointing forward. The faucet also has more pressure that we both love.

Then yesterday when I was making lunch, I could not figure out why it was taking so long to defrost my shrimp in the microwave, I must have had it in there for 4 minutes when it usually only takes less than 2. Our over the range microwave bit the dust. OMG finding a new one was impossible with the task hub gave me to get a low profile one, but all of those stick out 18-19 inches and he wanted no more than 16. I did find one, but he says he's going to cut the cabinet to make it sit up higher. This will turn into another unfinished project in the house. Ugh is all I have to say about that. I forgot how often I use our microwave and the new one won't be delivered until May 12th, so this morning hub took the microwave out of our Camper for me to use in the meantime. I tried to make popcorn in it this but burnt it! Ugh the smell. I will figure it out.

Since things usually break in 3's in our house I'm waiting for the third thing.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @amioc it is a great feeling you will be there very soon. I did the same with losing and gaining since December. I bounced around between 141-145, I finally feel like I am ready to be done:). You will get there!!

@Cornanda I think I enjoyed our Easter feast a little too much🥰. Good for you for whittling that to do list down!!

@TeresaW1020 congratulations on the loss!!! You and Joe are really having a go of it! It has to be so exhausting for the both of you, please continue to take care of yourself❤️. Hope you get some useful and good news from the doctors!!

@Trooworld good for you with all the meal prep! What you made sounds absolutely delicious. I’m sure this is going to pay off for you big time this week.

@Fushiakat YIKES that is quite the weekend you had! Hopefully there will not be a third thing and things turn around:)

Well… I think I am still full from Easter dinner🤣. It was so wonderful to get together with the whole family, first time in two years. I definitely had too much to eat and one too many glasses of wine (I am seriously such a lightweight😜).
    Almost all the food went home last night with everybody. I found a few things that I knew would be very tempting for me when I was cleaning up this morning, so they either went straight down the garburator or into the garbage. So glad I did that as I was craving bad food this afternoon, luckily there was none in the house🤣. I normally do not crave sweets. Why is it that the day after I have sweets, I crave them the next day? The desserts last night were magnificent :-)!
    Hope everybody had a great Easter weekend. Back on track!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    @trooworld Glad to hear you have the fridge squared away, I know that's a huge relief. Your dinners sound awesome, I need to start trying new things again.

@laurelfit57 Congratulations on hitting 130s, woohoo! Way to go on getting rid of everything. I'm the same way, once I have sugar I crave it again, I was thinking awhile ago I wish I brought home some chocolate!

Way to go team! Special congratulations to amioc, laurelfit57 @trooworld way to go gang!

@TeresaW1020 They brought them to share with everyone for dessert so that's better, I don't have an entire box in my house. Praying for Joe, hope the urologist and primary are helpful and get the dizziness and bladder issues under control.

@FushiaKat Oh no, it stinks when one thing goes out after another! I'm glad you had the one in the camper, mine was out for a few months and you really realize how much you use something like that a lot when you have to heat water and cans of soup on the stove.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Easter. I had a great day with my family, the weather was beautiful and everyone was in an awesome mood. We took my brother's puppy with us yesterday and the poor thing threw up there and on the way back. I needed a decent picture for the charity website so I had my Dad take some, I haven't been sleeping well because of my pain and I can see it in the pictures but I'm trying not to sweat it and let it go. I'm in charge of the greenhouse this week and need to start a couple trays of seeds tomorrow. Had my therapy appointment and spent the day in the yard getting my flowers in around all the veggies. I've been talking to a new guy the last month or so and he may go with me to the concert, he has to see if he can get off work and lives 3 hours away so it's not a sure thing. Have a great Tuesday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,900 Member
    The bike shop in Portsmouth says that if I bring the bike in on Monday and can leave it for 2 or 3 days, they will work it into their schedule. I should have the bike working by the end of next week!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I think it will, too. :) Congrats on the loss. I hope you get answers from the urologist but not bad news.

@FushiaKat Ugh, sorry about all that. I learned the hard way things do break in 3s.

@laurelfit57 Thanks, yes, I think it will. I'm glad you had a good Easter. Smart to send it all home with guests. I find the more sweets I have, the more I crave them.

@Katmary71 Yes it is! Dinner was awesome. I'm glad you had a good Easter. That poor pup. A new guy? That sounds fun. :)

@micaroo4 That's awesome, I'm so happy for you!

Hi all. We had the Greek chicken bowls last night for dinner. It really helped to have the chicken for them done, all my husband had to do was cut up veggies and make the sauce. It was delicious. This is going to be a short week for me, I'm off for the week at noon on Thursday. I can't wait!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 199.4
    CW: 201.4
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2022
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW: 160.6
    CW:161.7

Lol, not only am I not in the 150's, but I also gained 1.1 pounds. I'm ok with that, it will get harder the closer I get. I did average 3300 steps per day last week. My clothes still fit and that is the important thing. I was on track, and I did plan every day. I will endeavor to do better next week.

That microwave from the camper burns every mini bag no matter the power setting. I had box with full size bags, and I tried that, I can use the popcorn setting and turn it off 1 minute before its done and I get 2 days' worth of popcorn. Not hot and fresh, but it will only be for a month. I need to go and buy more full size bags.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! Just a quick check-in because I am tired. I went into the office today and got that work done in time to meet my friend for lunch to celebrate her birthday. I took Joe to the urologist and he was scoped and then told that because his bladder is tired he might continue to have issues and the doctor didn’t want to send Joe home without the cath in because if he ran into a problem we would be back in the ER. Soooo Joe will continue to wear the cath until next Wednesday morning when they will take it out early and then bring him back for a bladder scan. OK! Joe asked me a little while ago what is happening and all I could say is that we take it one day at a time. That is all we can do. :/

I did have a good time yesterday doing an exercise in the Never Binge Again workbook where I had to write a series of small essays on what my life would look like one year from now as if I HAD followed my rules 100%. I wrote about my confidence, physical & mental health, energy level, relationships, clothes, finances, and physical fitness. It was a great exercise to do and really got me thinking about what my future could look like if I wasn’t constantly in a weight loss mentality. :)
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 189.2

Gotta keep the momentum going!
    NO ZERO DAYS!
  • Katmary71
    @micaroo4 That's wonderful, glad to hear you're getting your bike back soon!

@trooworld What kind of sauce was on the Greek chicken bowls, it sounds really good and I eat a ton of chicken so if you have the chance I'd love the recipe if you have a link.

@FushiaKat Glad your clothes are still fitting, it does get harder closer to goal for sure.

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear Joe is stuck with the catheter for now. I agree with taking it one day at a time, I'm sure you're both very overwhelmed. The Never Binge Again exercise sounds awesome, what a great thing to picture a year from now.

Hi everyone. I did my workout and got ready to go to the greenhouse and had a text from my brother that he was stuck on his floor in his bedroom from his back pain and could I come by with my unit (I told him he could try it on Easter but he was being stubborn). It's so hard to see him on the ground in pain, I guess I'm seeing what it's like for my family seeing me that way because I felt very helpless. I left him with a TENS Unit and water and a banana after being there for 2 hours keeping him company and taking the dog out. He's never had sciatica before and he kept saying how nice it was to talk to someone who understands, I guess my poor SIL is saying the wrong stuff. Planted two flats of lettuce at the greenhouse and watered everything then came home and have had a pretty mellow day. I finally got a good night's sleep and feel like my body's starting to come out of this flare. Have a great Wednesday!
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Sorry for delayed entry…

My car broke down on my way back, so I vane home yesterday evening instead of sunday.
    Fixed and ok, but I could not find a weight at the hotell.

username: Glombog
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (April):03/28 233.0 lb
    PW (Previous Weight): 04/13 231.9 lb
    CW (Current Weight): 04/20 231.5 lb

Loss total: 35.1 lb
    Loss this month: 1.5 lb
    Loss last week: 0.4 lb
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 233.4
    CW: 233.6
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I'm sorry Joe has to continue to wear the catheter. Yes, taking it one day at a time is what you have to do. Hugs.

@vegan4lyfe2012 @Glombog Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 It was really good. Here's the recipe: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/chicken-tzatziki-bowls/ Your poor brother. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hi all. I basically maintained this week. While this is not ideal, I'm happy the gain wasn't worse.

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Good morning All!
    Rejoice! We made the wake-up list!! :p Busy day on tap for today but my hip hurts. I think I did too many sit ups on that machine in the gym. I did 100 straight for 3 days and now I feel it. I'll probably take a break this morning even though I'm dressed for it. I feel that hip today and I felt it yesterday.

We have an artist coming in for a talk this afternoon at the library and I'm looking forward to that. I have to help with set up and refreshments so I probably better rest up for that. I'll take something from over the counter.

I'm proud of the few pounds that I've been sheading. I don't want this hip to mess that up but I know I have to be careful.

Everybody have the most amazing day and let's go get it!! B)
  • trooworld
    @askewcr Yes indeed! Wow, that's a lot of sit-ups. Enjoy the artist talk!

Hi all. I had a migraine yesterday and came home from work early. I took a 2-hour nap and felt better when I woke up. Dinner was delicious, it was Greek Turkey Meatballs with roasted broccoli and half a baked potato with FF cottage cheese on it.

• Katmary71
    @Glombog sorry to hear about your car, glad it's fixed.

@trooworld Thank you for the recipe, sounds awesome! I'll try it soon, need to get some of the ingredients.

@askewcr I'm sorry to hear your hip hurts, I hope it's feeling better. Sounds like a fun talk with the artists, have a blast! I hope your hip doesn't mess up your progress too, hopefully it will calm down fast.

Happy Thursday everyone! This is one of those mornings where it's hard to wait to eat until closer to noon to eat but I don't want to be hungry in the afternoon. I have my first board meeting with the charity tonight and need to do some brainstorming. Workout's done and watered at the greenhouse, it's raining today so I'll be in the house. I started a Dr. Hyman book and it seems pretty decent so far, someone was giving away a bunch of health books and I couldn't resist.
This discussion has been closed.