What We're Eating

Replies

• DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 321 Member
    I haven't posted here in awhile (but imagine quite a bit of my kids' Easter candy and you get the picture).
    Today's food:
    B: Hasselback baked apple with pecans, raisins, crystalized ginger, and grated orange peel
    L: salad: sweet potato hummus, shredded lettuce, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 boiled egg
    S: 1.5 chicken enchiladas and a spoonful of Spanish rice
    snacks: half a slice of frosted cake. half a large chocolate chip cookie, half a large molasses cookie, small cup of caramel popcorn
    Note to self: cut out snacking in the car to see progress.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    @DiscusTank5 I was hoping I'd be immune to the Easter treats since so many of them aren't vegan, but then got on a baking kick this week. I've been making tasty stuff, but I'm not looking forward to my next weigh-in lol

Yesterday:
    Breakfast- Coffee and carrot cake oatmeal with raisins and peanut butter
    Lunch- Leftover instant mac n' cheese, roasted potatoes, battered cauliflower/broccoli, and shredded carrot
    Dinner- General Tso tofu, steamed rice, and spring rolls from a local takeout place
    Snacks- Hot tea

Today:
    Breakfast- Leftover applesauce cake and coffee with soy milk
    Lunch- Kale smoothie
    Dinner- Black-eyed peas curry with battered cauliflower/broccoli, and instant mac n' cheese
    Snack- Strawberries
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    3 Werthers Originals before bed
  • LenGray
    I went for the easy option with food today since I was putting in a lot of hours at the studio. I need to get my meal prep game back on point soon though...

Breakfast- Coffee and kale smoothie
    Lunch- Leftover vegan pho
    Dinner- Vegan hot dogs and pop chips
    Snacks- Oat milk latte
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with oat milk
    Snack: Sausage and lentil soup
    Lunch: Greek yogurt + berries + protein granola
    Snack: Mixed fruit + oat milk + vanilla protein powder
    Dinner: Moroccan spiced chicken with red onion, radish, and couscous
    Dessert: Likely an oreo ice cream bar
  • LenGray
    Breakfast: Coffee and kale smoothie
    Lunch: Vegetable potstickers and an apple
    Dinner: Impossible Whopper, fries, and apple pie
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Enjoyed some lovely sea bass, grilled asparagus, and broiled sweet potato/kabocha squash. God I love my cooking!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Grilled cheese and spinach sandwich on lite Italian bread, 2 clementines
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Sashimi (tuna/salmon/yellowtail/red snapper), green lettuce+perilla, excellent green tea, miso soup. Lovin life!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, 2 eggs scrambled with red bell pepper, onion, and spinach. Multigrain toast and a vegetarian sausage patty.
    Lunch: Pork tikka masala and basmati rice
    Snack: Carrot and english cucumber
    Dinner: Grilled bbq chicken, salad, and cornbread
    Dessert: Protein shake with mixed fruit
  • Kateskate123
    Kateskate123 Posts: 32 Member
    HI!! I am new! I used to really enjoy the Weight Watcher message boards years ago. I had a great group of friends I made through there and we'd check in each day! It was wonderful support!

Breakfast: coffee, half and half
    Lunch: Broth (doing a light fast - some stomach issues)
    Dinner: Flatbread (tomato, basil, eggplant) with a salad
    Snack: Banana
    Movement: leg lifts, plank and some stretching

I'm looking for a thread or group where we can post this, but also just a sentence or two about our day, etc. I'd love to get to know folks a bit better. Helps with accountability and motivation.
  • LenGray
    HI!! I am new! I used to really enjoy the Weight Watcher message boards years ago. I had a great group of friends I made through there and we'd check in each day! It was wonderful support!

Breakfast: coffee, half and half
    Lunch: Broth (doing a light fast - some stomach issues)
    Dinner: Flatbread (tomato, basil, eggplant) with a salad
    Snack: Banana
    Movement: leg lifts, plank and some stretching

I'm looking for a thread or group where we can post this, but also just a sentence or two about our day, etc. I'd love to get to know folks a bit better. Helps with accountability and motivation.

Welcome to the group :) I don't always post every day, but I'm always cheering on the folks in here. They're really nice. Also, I love the addition of 'Movement' to your description. I might just have to give that a go for some added accountability ^_^
  • LenGray
    It's a busy day today. After hanging out at a comic-con for the weekend, my apartment's trashed and my fridge is empty. So, my focus for today is meal prep, cleaning, and (hopefully) working a bit on my current painting series.

Breakfast: Coffee and protein pancakes with vegan butter and sugar-free syrup
    Snack 1: Half an apple and a small protein shake
    Lunch: Vegan chili mac with collard greens
    Dinner: Tofu salad sandwich with roasted potatoes
    Snack 2: An oat milk latte
    Movement: 20 minutes of yoga
  • LenGray
    Working on my painting series and novel draft is a priority today, so it's going to be a lot of leftovers. I love my work, but busy seasons definitely leave me feeling a bit drained by the end of the day.

Breakfast: Coffee and protein pancakes with vegan butter and sugar-free syrup
    Lunch: Vegan chili mac with collard greens
    Dinner: Tofu salad sandwiches with roasted potatoes
    Snack: An oat milk latte
    Movement: 20 minutes of yoga
  • Kateskate123
    edited May 2022
    Had a pretty decent day planned yesterday but went a bit off the rails. This morning the team brought in donuts! Still going to finish strong.

B: Coffee/half and half and a donut
    L: Turkey lunch meat, big salad w/farro grains and oil and vinegar dressing
    D : Tuna, Mayo, Celery
    S: Pineapple
    Movement: Not sure yet. I need to do something but I'm studying for finals and I want to make sure I give all the time to that today that I can. Plus it's raining outside and eww.. gross.

LenGray: I think it's great you're able to manage work and healthy eating!

Have a great day everyone!

Katie
  • LenGray
    Taking it easy today to study for finals and hang out with my dad. I'm planning on dragging out some board games and have some apples sliced up instead of our usual nachos.

Breakfast: Coffee and some homemade pumpkin muffins
    Lunch: Chili mac with collard greens and a sandwich
    Dinner: Tofu salad sandwich and roasted potatoes
    Snacks: Apple slices
    Movement: Take my dogs for a long walk (~30 minutes?)

@Kateskate123 Thanks! It's harder to do during the school semester (I'm a student and writing tutor in addition to working as an artist and author) but I try my best :) I'll be glad when summer comes around though!
  • Kateskate123
    It's finally warm and sort of sunny so I'm hoping to squeeze in some walking today.

Breakfast: Coffee and half and half
    Lunch: Turkey wrap with green goddess dressing, hummus and tons of greens, pineapple and some plantain chips.
    Dinner: Grilled chicken, green beans and a salad
    Snack: Lotus energy drink & english muffin w/strawberry jam
    Movement: a nice walk outside

My stomach is just not loving food right now, so we'll see how this menu goes.

@LenGray how were finals? I had my last one on Friday (Statistics). I'm writing a paper today and that's it until my summer class starts in June. Woohoo! Not much of a break but I'll take it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Breakfast-two protein pancakes (mix) and sf syrup with 2 slices of turkey bacon
    Lunch- two air fryer chicken wings with cauli-rice and mixed veggies with garlic butter
    Dinner- picky plate(with light fruit and cheese and veggies with lean protein
    snack - 1/2 pure protein bar with decaf

movement- usual walk to reach 7000 steps or more
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, english muffin with light butter and strawberry preserves
    Lunch: French Onion soup, bowl of honeydew melon and strawberries
    Dinner: Tilapia, roasted asparagus, side salad with Italian dressing
    Dessert: 2 mini ice cream sandwiches, bubble tea

Movement: 3 walks outside totaling about 45 minutes, seated dance cardio (20 minutes)
  • LenGray
    Had a pretty good day with lots of water and movement :)

Breakfast: Coffee and seedy oatmeal with peanut butter and blueberries
    Lunch: Kale smoothie
    Dinner: Bean and green soup
    Snacks: Oat milk latte
    Movement: Yoga

@Kateskate123, Mine are next week :) I'm not too concerned though, since they're both subjects that I'm pretty excited about (history+painting) I have a summer grammar boot camp, but my summer is open and free and I'm SO glad lol I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling great, I hope your stomach gets feeling better!