What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Bread. Toasted, buttered, with PB, as a sandwich… I’ve been into bread this week.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2022
    Bread. Toasted, buttered, with PB, as a sandwich… I’ve been into bread this week.

Me too mostly rye and pumpernickel.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited April 2022
    A German woman told me this morning to stick a piece of bread in the crockpot when making a roast. She says the starch will make gravy. She recommended rye. Sheer genius if it works. 😱

Still obsessed with homemade ice cream. Tonight’s experiment was great. Two ingredients, less than a minute to prep to freeze. With a couple servings whipped cream and a gram or two sprinkles, it came to under 120 calories for half a pint.

Btw, the recipe is just for a whole box of dry sugar free jello mix.

ef9ez1tbuvat.jpeg

dc56bemnf7cl.jpeg

Husband has just requested a cherry limeade sorbet, and I think I know exactly how to make it.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    6yzm6fesaaxw.jpeg

I now will need this in my life...!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    mn7je93a4w5y.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    88 acres granola. OMG this stuff is so good!!! Sweet and salty with SO much chocolate. It has that addicting sweet/salty flavor like choc covered pretzels. It super crispy and I like how it is mostly seeds and chocolate vs oats. I am usually not a big fan of granola but this is SO addicting.

2zyfzbgf0u8h.png
    ah27rkkf88ux.png
    e148zev9qi29.png
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    I may need to look into that granola @Noreenmarie1234. I'm starting a new job in a few weeks and will be working 100% remote, so I need to get into a better breakfast or snack routine!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    d734q3qaecpu.png
    These buns are SOO good. So soft and delicious. They have a great strong onion taste. I am not a fan of some "everything" flavored seasoning so was surprised that I loved these so much. I like how soft they are. I like them cold instead of toasted because I like the softness. They are so good with turkey or turkey bacon, tomato, onion, spicy mustard, pickle. and follow your heart veganese.

ust3mgctc06x.jpg

ehju0901 wrote: »
    I may need to look into that granola @Noreenmarie1234. I'm starting a new job in a few weeks and will be working 100% remote, so I need to get into a better breakfast or snack routine!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    fe8nkeqvye9p.png

So 'sad' that a bread company has to advertise that their bread doesn't contain high fructose syrup...js😅
  • Noreenmarie1234

ehju0901 wrote: »
    [/quote]

Opps I quoted you because I Dmed you lol.

LOL @PAPYRUS3 only in america....
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Saw these at the store the other day and want to try them... pineberries. Says they taste like cross between pineapple and strawberry.
    b8sz6ff3u3x2.png
    2qjb537r13mk.png

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Saw these at the store the other day and want to try them... pineberries. Says they taste like cross between pineapple and strawberry.
    b8sz6ff3u3x2.png
    2qjb537r13mk.png

I was reading an article about gourmet and rare berries etc. people are paying like $60+ for an ounce of certain berries.

😱😱😱
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Spicy chili garlic crisp oil. It’s so good in so many things. I put some in my scrambled eggs this morning, mmmmm
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    d6bdd2p7lg37.png

Custard filled chocolate topped choux buns 😍😍😍😍😍
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    wqb40ts5bhk1.png
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Broccoli. You dump a pile of the pre cut stuff in a large roasting pan, spray it with avocado oil spray for a few seconds, grind the pepper mill a bit and dust a bit of grated romano. Then 400 deg for around 28 minutes and it's bliss..... o:)
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    I'm obsessed with junk food in my mind so lately I've been fighting urges and turning my old obsession from junk food to healthy and nutritious foods! Its been working.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    obsesssed with bubbie's pickles lately omg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Produce! Fruits and veggies. Tis the start of the season! :)