Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Pfizer for teens?

18910111214»

Replies

• sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    I had a google out of curiosity because I recalled hearing that approx 150 police officers from NSW had been put on leave due to refusing the mandatory covid vaccines (https://www.google.com/search?q=police+officers+on+leave+covid+vaccine+queensland&oq=police+officers+on+leave+covid+vaccine+queensland&aqs=chrome..69i57.16048j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) and it seems like very few Australian's serving in the Police Service are refusing to be vaccinated. However, Australia has aa *very* different cultural outlook to America, so these results of course don't apply to USA. I would be greatly surprised to learn that there were massive numbers (1000's-10 000's) of police/ambulance/medical/firefighting staff who refuse to be vaccinated in the USA.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,932 Member
    All the really important stuff with links to the current research written in laymans' terms with explanations of "What does that mean"

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/how-effective-are-covid-19-vaccines/
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited February 2022
    https://youtu.be/D6RsXN_Wars

Most children have natural immunity
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm homeschooling until next year, but our area's (in the South US) public schools spiked with about 35 kids reporting positive Jan.7-13th and this week only 1out of about 3,000 kids.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2022
    NVintage wrote: »
    I'm homeschooling until next year, but our area's (in the South US) public schools spiked with about 35 kids reporting positive Jan.7-13th and this week only 1out of about 3,000 kids.

Don't really know the actual numbers, but our schools her in the ABQ metro area had a huge spike in January along with everywhere else. My work was crazy in January with positive cases...we had to shut down a couple of locations for about a week because we couldn't staff. My wife and I and our kids also caught it in early January...we're all fully vaccinated and wife and I are boosted...my youngest (9) and I were pretty sick, but only for 2 days and then it was like nothing happened. My wife had a runny nose and my 11 year old was asymptomatic other than saying he felt like he couldn't clear his throat.

In general, it seems to be petering out here and numbers are dropping fast...but January was nuts all over the state. Pretty much everyone in our circle of friends and my mom and her boyfriend caught it in January except for 2 people who somehow either managed not to get it or they had it and were asymptomatic. It's just surprising because they are a husband and wife personal trainers who own their own gym and they're around people and right up in their faces everyday, all day.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    NVintage wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/D6RsXN_Wars

Most children have natural immunity

Uh, nope. Children are not some magical creature or different species that has immunity that is somehow nonexistent in adult humans.

Heck, even some other species DON'T have immunity to this. So far, the species we know that can catch covid from us humans are: ferrets, cats (including big wild cats), dogs, mink, bank voles, bats, hamsters, pigs, rabbits, racoon dogs, tree shrews, and deer.

This many animals are susceptible to this virus, and we're supposed to believe that somehow the young of OUR species is safe, when even other species are catching covid?

Our kids are not that special, unfortunately.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    My 2 grandchildren got Covid - they were not vaccinated because they were too young (aged 4 and 2) - the natural immunity theory didn't work for them

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    How’d everyone turn out post-vaccine? How’d your kiddo do? Lots has changed since this thread started and ended.
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 114 Member
    All three of my kids have been vaccinated. Aged 16,11 and 9. None of them had any issues at all of even side effects beyond achey arm
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    Oldest grandchild, mentioned in my previous post, has now turned 5

has had first covid vaccine, no problems.
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    we all got covid in jan, my 9 year old had not been vaccinated yet, she was scheduled for late jan, and my youngest was only 4. My husband and I are double vaxxed. my husband and i had it the worst, lots of fatigue super stuffed nose. But not that bad. Ive been sicker in years past with other colds and flu. 9 year old had a high fever 2 days and threw up once, 4 year old nothing. My 9 year old got her first vax a couple weeks after we had it. She said it hurt and her arm was sore the next day but that was it. I was the only one who tested positive, we didnt want to waste anymore of our tests on anyone else as we were isolating anyway.