WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Kim that is so awful. You are strong to have survived all that.

Thanks for all the info on knee braces. I got a new one online and it seems to be helping. But I am still going to see a doctor.

I got a packet to fill out for my mom's memory assessment. Very detailed. It is annoying because I know this info is already in their system. I'm not sure how to approach my mother with the packet. She is resistant to the appointment and to the idea of me as medical advisor. But she can't do these things herself anymore. I feel like I'm being sneaky.

Not much else on the schedule today. Just keeping out of the cookies and candy and trying to eat a salad. Maybe buy a lottery ticket.

Annie in Delaware

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :'( (((KIM)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,529 Member
    Options
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    THANKS DEBBIE!!!

OH NO.......... Kim, I am devastated for you and your family. My heart is beating out of my chest as I'm reading this.
    I guess, in some twisted way, thank God for Tim. To be able to have gotten DB to sign the release so he was able to find this all out for you so NOW you can move on. MAJOR (((HUGS))) and love and prayers for you and everyone. Again, I agree with Heather to be careful of Tim too. He did help you thus far, but...
    I'm just so glad you know this now and you're getting help and your nephew is getting help. I hope your mom is willing to get some help too.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Carla, in MN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Beth, Flea, Lisa, Betsy, Katla, Terri. Karen, ginny, Allie. KJ, Annie, Carol, Carla and everyone else…. – thanks

Machka – no Mom is 93 and needs my help with medical and financial issues, and my DN is 23 and feels all of the awfulness of this as I do, abandoning him will not be of any value.
    Heather – Mom will not bar him, I am not going the criminal route. There is no value in dragging this broken family through years of criminal proceedings.

As for Tim – there are no red flags as of yet. No requests for money, or personal information not related to DB, and he checks out I have had a criminal background check done and the only thing that shows up is some parking tickets when he was in his 20s and a marijuana charge also from 30 years ago. Additionally he has given me the link and password to DB medical records and I have read it for myself.

I am too hurt by the lies to believe without double checking.

Annie in Delaware - Please do not feel sneaky - I wish I had been more involved earlier with my families medical before this had gotten so out of hand. Be as truthful as you can, but as sneaky as you need to be to protect your mom.

Kim in N. California

Kim - I finally had a minute to read about Tim and his assistance with the situation. At this point I don't get a sense that he's up to no good - he has discovered valuable information and shared it with you in an effort to help the family with your brother's illness. Sounds like you did some background searching. If you're on FB and he is too, you can tell a bit more about what his friends are like if that info is shared.

Sending huge ((HUGS))!!

Oh, and sending a great big virtual cast iron skillet aimed squarely at your DB's head if you think that will help. >:)

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,690 Member
    Options
    Home.. got garbage together.. someone used a credit card that i dont use. So put a stop to that and.. am going to take a nap...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Kim - sending love and strength for the days/weeks ahead. <3 So glad your counsellor is there to help.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Strange day. Next door had the fence guys in, to sort out the side passage. The fence, which blew down in a storm, had been blocking our path, so DH found it impossible get the mower through to the front yard. The repairs were VERY noisy. They were putting new posts in. ALL DAY.
    All done now, and I managed to write 760 words through the racket. The neighbour, who is lovely, came round to check everything was alright after DH had gone round to complain yesterday, very nicely, about the blockage.
    This afternoon DH found that a savings account had been moved to the wrong interest for next year despite his instructions. :o:# An hour on hold, then spoke to an idiot. He is currently emailing the CEO. It will help him process the frustration, even if it's useless.
    I have made a third attempt to get a straight answer from Saga about the cancelled ports. :o

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,690 Member
    Options
    Atta boy Johnny ,you tell em
    Well no nap..
    Got the garbage outside..then blew the leaves out of my patio and got some of the patio furniture set with the cover on..i had cardboard recycling and a big huge garbage bag full so i used the trolly to take it up to the dumpster..
    Between hauling poor little munchkin around today and,hauling that up there.. my arms feel like they are about to fall off lol..
    Contacted the credit card company and they are issuing a new card..its a card i havent used in over a year or so and it was used for co.puter software.yup that wasnt me.so i also put a fraud alert on it so that should rectify that.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Kim, no words (((((((((hugs)))))
    Katla yay, for getting new lounge chairs!
    Heather, good fences make good neighbors! I hate working with the bank on a phone. I miss walking in and talking with a person. Nowadays, our banks have like 2 people working there, virtually a ghost town. I used to be a lobby assistant and kept the withdrawl, and deposit slips filled in the marble counters. I was still in high school but man, getting to work at that bank was magical!
    8lkh9tyl9duz.png
    u8fxm1syo5zm.png
    0qngrevec72p.png
    Rita, I am go glad your son is getting the help he needs and the situation is less scary. One of my aunts on my mommas side, her whole family seemed to have mental health issues. I just remember her family of 7 kids, they were all so smart and very intellectual for their ages, and as they got older their paranoia/schizophrenia tendencies became apparent. 😔. I believe many of my cousins are on meds for it.
    Today was shopping day, and husband and I kind of went overboard. But we had fun, and I talked with about 5 different ladies about this and that. I bought some pre made mushroom ravioli, and I will mix with sauteed mushrooms, onion, and make a light cream sauce for them. I might put in soup too. I also got frozen jumbo shrimp (also smile at the oxymoron🙃😁 of that). I bought some pine nut hummus, love that. I have berries to make a pie, but I think I will make some sort of tart.

I'm enjoying immensely this free movie site. My tablet is big enough that watching movies on it is fine. Presently have:
    The Unsinkable Molly Brown
    Calamity Jane
    Hamilton
    Funny Face
    Stanley Tucci/ Searching for Italy (food series)
    Saturday Night Fever
    Rent
    I just bookmark them. The site is called :Moviestowatch.tv
    I notice many of the movies I want to watch are on channels on our tv that we don't have. So this site is perfect.👍💖
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    When DB comes with another story just tell him to go read the Boy who Cried Wolf walk away and do something for yourself that makes you feel strong. Bridges are burned.

I also try remember what my aunt said to me fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Your mom will not see him for what he is. All you can do is try to do what actions are available legally to protect her and yourself and refuse to let him any power over you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,529 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 29min 7sec, 115elev, 3.23ap, 95ahr, 121mhr, 8.07mi= 666c
    Strava app= 920c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 10.57min, 39elev, 95aw, 17.0amph, 111ahr, 147mhr, 3.10mi= 84c
    Strava app= 59c
    Zwift stats- 10.58min 39elev, 94aw, 60arpm, 16.96amph, 3.10mi= 60c

Total cal 750
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    🌼