How many days per week do you lift?

How many days per week do you lift?

How many days per week do you lift? 96 votes

1%
jacobb5 1 vote
9%
cwolfman13janicemloveconni347GymladmattLietchiDSpence1973AJBusjahnmatt_sherrattToMyDreams 9 votes
17%
hesn92tuckahoe88DancingMoosienossmfSuzanneC1l9zzawnurmarcsdahiradamyovanovichrainingribbonskittykjsmithc809allother94aatifbokhariThewonderofitallChilledGravykai9697Paprika69 17 votes
21%
kstarallenstacypancakesRaphaBianchiamandap1222claireychn074dharboltali24westMellouk89nikolabird1978metaphysicalstudioalexandramosenson_Hannahlouise_azuki84edmhugginsharleymulcahy27MatteoPvskirstyblundell90M3LL3TTEJEJ10jamessurrell2901 21 votes
28%
psuLemonbradleyt1984JessHerm1quiksylver296ExistingFishSaintGiffMazintrov13areed82090DoubleG2PennyP312GaryRunsMisterSuperGodslade51brettdaytonSuzanMunroi_fraser11sbalzerLeprechaun1315Neverquit67gninja2022 27 votes
13%
SPautlerJustin_7272JBanx256Scotty2HotPieaaronfranklin123yukfooMizzezQ2uSiberian2590jackmccarren2fritzbustillosjmemiddioweathaljermainealexandergordon 13 votes
8%
ythannahmmchelle6102016shish90jlhflexGabrieleLascodhanushsharma04jacksonfowler1204gandhamsreedhar 8 votes

Replies

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I have some appearance and functional goals, but also limitations when it comes to health and time. I do a 20ish minute full-body routine made up of compounds with a pair of dumbbells 3x/week and my body's slowly changing in the direction I want it to.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,311 Member
    4 - I need the rest days at my age! 🤣. I do c 2.5hrs per sess which includes 30 mins mobility and some warm ups before doing the lifts.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Daily, with the caveat that my workouts are only 40 to 60 mins in duration, I superset so there are no rest breaks in there, and my program is on a four day rotation so I'm not working same muscles two days in a row.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I almost picked 2, but went with 3. I do 2 days in the gym "heavy" and then 1 day with dumbbells or bodyweight.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    3 days of heavy lifting, 1 day of supplemental work to target weak points.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    5 training days with my program set by my powerlifting coach.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    Push-Pull-Legs

In the near future, will start going six days per week, but will keep the three lifting days, the other three will be cardio-only. (Currently do cardio first, lifting second, but it does lead to long workouts. By splitting up, I hope to get in/out of the gym faster.)
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    5 or 6 x per week, depending on my work schedule
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    twice per week...occasionally three. Lifting isn't a top priority for me and do it basically as a requirement for overall health and fitness and to help support my other activities. Most of my exercise is physical outdoor recreation like mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, swimming, etc.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm somewhere between 2 & 4 days per week - I do a 531 program which is 4 day per week. Sometimes if I'm too busy , I will double up on the primary exercises and reduce or cut the assistance movements, and end up at 2 or 3 days
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 120 Member
    edited April 2022

M- F push/pull split alternating weekly focusing on foundational lifts with some accessory work.
  • MizzezQ2u
    MizzezQ2u Posts: 3 Member
    I lift 6 days a week but I incorporate mobility movements as well, I do cardio everyday for 25 mins just bc I should...
  • cwolfman13
    I started a new Oly program. Supposed to be 3x per week, but dang...my CNS is blown the hell up after two sessions. Had my second session yesterday and I feel like I got hit by a mac truck today. Hopefully this is just an adaptation phase.
  • claireychn074
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I started a new Oly program. Supposed to be 3x per week, but dang...my CNS is blown the hell up after two sessions. Had my second session yesterday and I feel like I got hit by a mac truck today. Hopefully this is just an adaptation phase.
    I hate that feeling! Only way to recover for me is to eat and sleep my way out of it. Not the easiest things to do on workdays 🤣
  • cwolfman13
    I hate that feeling! Only way to recover for me is to eat and sleep my way out of it. Not the easiest things to do on workdays 🤣

I don't remember this from when I was doing Oly work in 2015/16. I probably had the same issue early on, but I just don't remember. I was fatigued after my first session, but not like this. I had deadlifts yesterday as part of my accessory work and it was 4x5 and I was already fatigued from the Oly lifts, so that's probably a big part of it...but they were relatively light @ about 60% of 1RM
  • claireychn074

I don't remember this from when I was doing Oly work in 2015/16. I probably had the same issue early on, but I just don't remember. I was fatigued after my first session, but not like this. I had deadlifts yesterday as part of my accessory work and it was 4x5 and I was already fatigued from the Oly lifts, so that's probably a big part of it...but they were relatively light @ about 60% of 1RM
    I’ve only been lifting for c5 years and I tried powerlifting before Oly - unfortunately I frequently feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Heavy tempo snatch pulls have the worst effect on me. Sure you’ll adjust back into it and start throwing those heavy weights around fast! 😀
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    3 days for me. Not enough time with work, kids, and cardio. How do people make time for 5 days a week? Garage gyms?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    allother94 wrote: »
    3 days for me. Not enough time with work, kids, and cardio. How do people make time for 5 days a week? Garage gyms?

You can get a lot done in 30 minutes if you don't waste time on what is not important. Having some weights at home does help. The kids used to lift with the wife & Me . They started at a young age.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    I plan on a Push-Pull-Legs-Recover-repeat, where recovery day is an hour or two of walk, bike, hike or run. I’ll take a full rest day when I feel that I need it, or if I can’t fit it in, which has typically been once every week or two.

Every 6-8 weeks, I’ll take a break for 5-8 days from lifting after which I’ll tweak the routine.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    My goal is five but I usually get in 4 days.