Favorite Quick and Easy Recipe

melbann
melbann Posts: 115 Member
What is your favorite quick and easy recipe that's been keeping you on track?

I'll go first...

I like to call it "Freezer dump soup" since most of the ingredients I use are frozen. It takes me about 10 mins to have it ready, start to finish. It is super customizable due to its simplicity. I'm not sure it really qualifies as a recipe but it is so good!

It just basically broth, frozen veggies and some kind of protein and "other" such as noodles, rice, potatoes etc.

This week I've been using potstickers as both my protein and "other". Below is the basic recipe and the macros from this week's soups.

a2fholld73ns.jpg

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    Haha, I also have a 'freezer dump soup'! I throw in noodles, protein, greens, and some frozen veggies. It's probably my favorite lunch, tbh ^_^;

My other go-to quick recipe is making mac n' cheese (I use an instant vegan kind) with shredded/roasted veggies and a protein. So, I might have the mac with shredded carrots, roasted broccoli and crispy tofu or do roasted sweet potatoes, shredded napa cabbage, and vegan pork.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    eggs. easy fast protein, tastes like whatever veg and maybe cheese I throw in there. From as simple as scrambled eggs with ketchup (low-sugar!) to an omelette with sauteed frozen veg and a slice of tasty cheese with mustard on top...yum.
  • aubreyaddison0
    aubreyaddison0 Posts: 1 Member
    I love having homemade chili and homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer, in 1 cup portions. Then i add a cup of frozen veggies (green beans works best for both) and a cup of broth. Soup for lunch and dinner! Add brown rice or pasta for added yum!

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Teriyaki chicken bowls. I do them once per week...usually Wednesday when I'm half way through the week and just want to throw some deliciousness together really quickly. I throw the boneless/skinless chicken thighs in the teriyaki marinade in the morning before I leave for work.

When we're ready to eat I get the rice going and pre-heat the grill and start slicing up the broccoli, carrots, and cabbage. Throw the chicken on the grill for 8 minutes each side and continue slicing the veggies while I'm waiting for the chicken to cook and throw those in a steamer basket.

Remove chicken from grill to a chopping board. Fire up the steamer and start slicing the chicken against the grain for super tender. Veggies are typically done by the time I'm done slicing the chicken. Put rice in a bowl, and top with veggies and then top with sliced chicken...drizzle more teriyaki sauce over top as desired. Whole thing usually takes me about 20 minutes. I use a very thin teriyaki sauce by Kikkoman rather than the thick syrupy stuff.

If I really don't feel like doing much, cheeseburgers on the grill...pretty much 10 minutes and done. I do cheeseburgers quite often in the summer when we're spending our evenings lounging in and around the pool and can't be bothered to take too much time cooking.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    SUPER EASY!! Adult Lunchables (or like a snack size charcuterie board)... Usually pepperoni and Mozz or Turkey and Cheddar, a few Ritz crisps or Pretzel crisps, a fruit (grapes, blueberries, strawberries) and a veggie (baby carrots, mini peppers, snap peas).
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    I love the soups with whatever I have on hand too. A quick saute of garlic, ginger, bit of onion or celery. Carton of broth. Add rice noodles or frozen wontons. Frozen edamame or other veg.

And I like doing a greens or cabbage sauté, plus whatever other veg I have on hand, add in a turkey sausage, and maybe a poached egg. Good with warm spices like garam masala.
  • kayfager
    kayfager Posts: 25 Member
    Stirfry....I buy a bag of fresh stir fry veggies with seasoning pack and add protein...we like shrimp. Delicious and quick
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    melbann wrote: »
    What is your favorite quick and easy recipe that's been keeping you on track?

I'll go first...

I like to call it "Freezer dump soup" since most of the ingredients I use are frozen. It takes me about 10 mins to have it ready, start to finish. It is super customizable due to its simplicity. I'm not sure it really qualifies as a recipe but it is so good!

It just basically broth, frozen veggies and some kind of protein and "other" such as noodles, rice, potatoes etc.

This week I've been using potstickers as both my protein and "other". Below is the basic recipe and the macros from this week's soups.

a2fholld73ns.jpg

Now these are the types of recipes I like!
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Three egg white fried in one tsp of olive oil until lightly brown on one side, flip to brown the other side. Sprinkle fajita seasoning on it (believe me the fajita seasoning makes this sandwhich) and fold into quarters. Serve on toasted honey wheat bread with one table spoon of mayo and half a tsp of mustard. Quick lunch and likely my only bread of the day besides 5 Ritz crackers that I eat with an ounce of cheese for a snack sometimes if my carbs and calories allow it. If you have it on hand, try adding onion and bell pepper to the fajita mix, just try to keep the olive oil to one tsp if you can. A good (healthy) nonstick pan is a must to reduce the oil needed to cook with.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2022
    My freezer usually has a plethora of pre-portioned speedy meal ingredients. Veggie soup, chili, diced cooked chicken breast, taco meat, and thinly sliced pork in marinade. There is usually some sort of fresh Asian slaw in the fridge at all times that I either eat raw or add to stir-fry. Grated carrots are also an ever-present feature of my fridge.
    Tonight, I'll whip up a lightning fast stir-fry with a huuuge amount of veg, 100g of thinly sliced marinaded pork, a quick sauce made with a little homemade pork bone broth, rice wine vinegar, soy and oyster sauce, taro root, sriracha and honey and topped with sauteed sesame seeds. The cooking oil and sesame oil will add about 200 calories - but I wouldn't want to go without. I don't measure the veg and had about a cup left over. I'll have that with pork fried rice tomorrow.
    Tonight's dinner ~500 calories. And yes, that's a large dinner plate.
    ddrs5723jjiu.jpg
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Cucumber + tomato + Greek yogurt + salsa + tuna

Ridiculous protein, lots of volume, cheap, refreshing… all I need
  • ellehcimyelhsa23
    ellehcimyelhsa23 Posts: 4 Member
    Mini chicken quesadillas!
    Shredded chicken
    Spicy laughing cow cheese
    Greek yogurt as a sub for sour cream
    Street taco tortillas

• ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 95 Member
    If I'm just fixing something for myself I put half a package (6 ounces) of frozen vegetables in the microwave for three minutes. I like any of the mixes with broccoli, or the stir-fry mixes, or the soup mixes. If I have a little meat or broth to add in I'm quite happy. I season with a hefty dose of pepper or a spice blend with no added sodium. I need a little something more to make the carbs add up to 45 or so, so I add crackers or chips or.....half an ounce of a cookie, or something. Diabetic nutrition goals, you see. A tub of Greek yogurt also beefs up the protein without adding a lot of calories, and it always helps me feel full.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Beef, chicken or prawn lok lak. Beef is traditional, and a national dish of Cambodia. Ingredients for 4 servings.

Prep the stir fry sauce. Make a quadruple batch and save in a squeeze bottle in the fridge to save time next time you make the recipe. Mix together a teaspoon of tomato ketchup, 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of ground pepper. If you want to be very authentic use tamarind water instead of ketchup.

Prep the Khymer lime and pepper dipping sauce. Grind 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns. If you want to be very authentic use Cambodian or Vietnamese red peppercorns which are vine ripened black peppercorns. Squeeze in the juice of a lime and add 2 or 3 pinches of sugar and a pinch of salt.

Prep the salad. Arrange some washed salad leaves, tomato slices, cucumber slices, thin slices of red onion on each plate.

Prep the protein. Cut 500g of chicken (skinless breast or thigh) or beef steak against the grain in thin slices or bite size cubes. Prawns can be left whole. Douse with cornstarch by shaking in a plastic bag or sealed food container with the starch. Mince, grate or press two cloves of garlic. Up to this step, everything can be done in advance,

Cook the protein. Heat up a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan. When hot, stir fry the protein with the garlic using two spoons or spatula to de-clump the meat if necessary. When the garlic starts to brown, toss in some stir fry sauce to prevent the garlic from burning. Add a little liquid and finish cooking in the moist heat, using water if the protein is salty enough or more stir fry sauce if under seasoned.

Serve the protein on top of the salad. Optional side of steamed rice or a sunny side up egg. Sprinkle with dipping sauce to taste at the table.

btwra28a0nkr.jpeg

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    SUPER EASY!! Adult Lunchables (or like a snack size charcuterie board)... Usually pepperoni and Mozz or Turkey and Cheddar, a few Ritz crisps or Pretzel crisps, a fruit (grapes, blueberries, strawberries) and a veggie (baby carrots, mini peppers, snap peas).

Me too !!

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    xy98bm5mc2sb.jpg
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2022
    MY QUICK RECIPES <3:)

Stir fry - frozen veggies, homemade sauce, and rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken
    eggs- boiled, egg salad, fried, scrambled, in an omelet so versatile and so easy
    turkey and cheese roll ups
    air fried salmon patties or tuna patties - diced onion or onion seasoning, diced green pepper, can of fish drained, Lowry's seasoning, and one egg, whip together, form patty and throw in air fryer for 5-10 min depending on desired level of crunch. ( good source of protein and omegas) can eat alone or with a salad.
    sheet pan veggie and protein- shrimp and veggies, chicken and veggies, sausage and veggies whatever combo you choose just throw together on a pan with some olive oil, salt, pepper or butter if its within your nutrition plan.
    egg life pasta- egg life wrap sliced into noodles, choice of meat, choice of sauce homemade or canned and veggies. super easy can throw together in a pot and let simmer on low.
    veggie soup- broth and veggies ( canned, frozen, or fresh) season to taste