Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @micaroo4 Woo hoo! I'm so glad to hear this. Congrats on your maintenance!

@Katmary71 LOL yeah that would be a "no"! Yes, we are different when we get older. I hope you enjoy your day today and enjoyed the hair treatment! What a great idea you had. I hope she says yes!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO I've been there. Don't give up, just keep trying! Is there anything we can help you with?

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss! That's good you are almost ready for your guests. How long are they staying? I'm glad you are dealing with the dementia head-on. I hope you can figure something out.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yay for Joe's last chemo treatment! That's great that Joe's sons are coming to visit. That should brighten his spirits! I hope you like the new BB program.

Hi all. By the end of the day, I had walked over 10,000 steps. That was a combination of the zoo, errands, and bathroom trips. Bathroom trips? Yeah, I ate some sugar-free toppings on some frozen yogurt yesterday and it did NOT agree with me lol. I'll leave it at that! :D Tonight, we are making homemade sushi. It's a lot of work but it comes out really good and we can use a better quality of fish for the price.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

nlek5hrezaae.jpeg
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 137 lbs
    CW: 136 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The Week 4 Group Challenge is ready and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, Apr 24th. Bring a friend as we work on the ULTIMATE POINTS CHALLENGE this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862677/april-week-4-group-challenge-ultimate-points-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Busy busy day today!! I helped wash three cars. I vacuumed one out that was extremely dirty, and wiped it down on the inside with Lysol and cleaned the windows inside. Tired now but it's great to look back and see what you have done and it is good. :) Tired though!! B)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    I just read through all the posts, but I’m not going to even attempt to reply to all of them. Just want to say @TeresaW1020 so glad that Joe is finished his last chemo treatment! I know that has to be such a relief!!
    It was the craziest week here, some absolutely great days and absolutely tough days. The great days… Got to go to a hockey game with my mom and we won! Went to a live musical theatre that my great niece and nephew performed in at a school for the arts here. It was Liam‘s last show as he is graduating and going off to college. So much fun!
    One of my aunts passed away, my uncle is in palliative care, so we have been spending time there with family, I’m just trying to be supportive, a friend that I grew up with, just passed away yesterday.
    As far as staying on track, that did not happen. I only made it to the gym once. My food was just off the rails, but for once it wasn’t due to stress eating. When I went off the rails it was because I was so hungry! I was hardly home at all this past week and doing a lot of visiting, not under the best circumstances. A couple of times I would have breakfast and lunch, then not have a chance to have something to eat until 10 o’clock at night, at which time it was takeout on my way home. I was proud of myself for not stress eating, but eating when I am so hungry, it’s not a good thing either!
    I typically weigh myself a few times a week, I didn’t even want to look this week. I will be ever so happy if I can remain in the 130s even if it is 139.9🤣.
    Today was my first day at home, it was delightful! I made up some chicken breasts and some taco seasoned ground chicken, so I’m hoping to get my food right back on track. I think I will be able to get back on schedule this week, I have booked myself in for a spin class tomorrow. I think it really makes a big difference for my mental health not being able to go to the gym, so looking forward to class tomorrow!
    Sorry if I am rambling, I am pooped!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @Cornanda I can't imagine how hard that would be for both you and your dad, it sounds like you're handling at well as can be expected, hang in there my friend.

@TeresaW1020 Congratulations on the end of chemo for Joe, woohoo! I think having your sons visit will be wonderful for all of you. I remember everyone doing Chalean Extreme awhile back, have fun with it!

@trooworld Oh no, that stinks about the bathroom trips! I talked my SIL into trying monk fruit when we were visiting family and we went to the gym with my uncle afterward, I had told her how long my uncle and I stay at the gym and she was making a big stink about going home to be with the kids after an hour, I complained a lot and felt awful when she pulled me aside later and told me she couldn't stay off the toilet! Great photo!

@askewcr Wow you're on a roll, I need to pull up with my messy car!

@laurelfit57 So sorry to hear about the deaths in your life, sounds like this week will be more stable, enjoy the gym! After almost 3-and-a-half years I feel off when I don't work out every day, both from the physical aspect and the mental aspect (plus I enjoy music a lot so that helps mentally too).

Hi everyone! I did my workout this morning then went to the food bank farm where I pulled weeds and processed turnips. I got to bring home lettuce and turnips, had the latter roasted with parmesan and they were so good, I need to find a way to get more of that kind. Gardened at home and went to the lending library and left 3 and came home with 2, that's still a win since it's one less, right? I made a list of spring cleaning to do and plan to dive in tomorrow, right now I'm watching a scary movie then reading my new book (mind you I have thousands of ones to read already). I've been meaning to ask my neighbor out to dinner, her husband died right before COVID started and we always talk about hanging out, her daughter moved out a couple months ago so we're both alone and I think we'd have fun. She said she wanted to work out with me and I was looking into some sort of exercise class, I thought belly dancing would be fun but the classes are 2-3 hours and at night and there's no way I could do that. Have a great Sunday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Happy Sunday all!

@TeresaW1020 - How wonderful that was Joe's last chemo! I am very hopeful that his brain will perk up once the drugs are done. Very glad that his sons are coming to visit.

@trooworld- sounds like you had a great day with a lovely walk and yummy, healthy food. Our guests will stay for 3.5 days. I'm really looking forward to this mini vacation!

@laurelfit57 - sounds like you had a tough week, but managed it very well. Try not to worry too much about the scale and just get back to following your plan.

@Katmary71 - it's so wonderful that you found this farm to volunteer at. More time with one of your favorite hobbies and also you are helping people eat! I hope you make a date with that neighbor!

Once again, nothing too exciting here. Usually at this point in guest prep, I'm super stressed out. But this time, I'm not. I think we are right on track to have everything looking clean and sparkly when they arrive and then we can enjoy ourselves!

Lisa
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Hugs to all dealing with pain, hurt, sickness and lost.

Congratulations to all for being here and trying every new day!!

Happy Easter to anyone celebrating it today!
  • trooworld
    @bgame4 Congrats on the loss!

@askewcr That does sound tiring.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on your team winning! I'm sorry about all of the tough days. It's understandable that you went off the rails due to hunger. Congrats on not stress eating! I hope you enjoy your spin class today.

@Katmary71 Yeah, it was awful! Oh no about your SIL and the monkfruit. I normally don't like turnips but the way you had them makes them sound good. Maybe I'll try them again. Yes, I would consider the lending library a win! I hope you find something fun to do with your neighbor.

@Cornanda Thanks, yes, overall it was great! I hope you enjoy the time with your guests.

Hi all. Lots of running around yesterday. I have decided to start going to the in-person WW meetings on Saturdays. I will switch my weigh-in days to Saturdays. I feel more accountable when I attend the meetings in person. I'm going to try to do some meal prep today.

@jugar Can you please switch my weigh-in days to Saturdays from Wednesdays?

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 138.8
    CW. 139.6

🥳 never thought I would use this emoji for a gain🤣
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Morning MS ....You have a new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @kitchendh66 :)
  • kitchendh66
    kitchendh66 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I'm Darlene from North Carolina. This is my first challenge. I just signed up on MFP. Looking forward to the challenge and accountability.

Everyone have a great Sunday!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yb9kydtxhlf6.png
    yt55u0br8gbj.png

wxpcz72hm9cp.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    dssfndfi1vfu.png

By Pounds
    lw1q04vii27v.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ovssxqmlins8.png

By Pounds
    dny5hti8lvbl.png
    mvn4vc5le4hd.png

Team Winners
    bq4kxlpkhhat.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    yd0ixxauadk3.png

This week may have been rough, but we had plenty of people in the green last week!

WaistAways - 36%
    Mission Slimpossibles - 34.8%
    WeightNoMore & Downsizers - 33.3%
    Shape Shifters - 16.7%

All you have to do to be in the green is lose weight. It doesn't matter how much, it doesn't matter the percentage, all that matters is you end lower than you were the week before. And that's it! For this next week, I encourage you to take things one step at a time, one choice at a time. It's never too late to make a choice that benefits you. Move a little more, eat a little better, listen to your body.

And if you're struggling, you have an entire team here to help you. You're not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @Cornanda I'm glad you aren't stressed about guests, I get like that if I don't stay real organized. I'm doing spring cleaning, once the house is cleaner I'll give my neighbor a call in case we hang out afterward, don't want to be scared she'll swipe behind the TV when I'm going to the bathroom and get a finger full of dust!

@trooworld The turnips were all white with no purple like the ones at the store, I'm thinking aside of the food bank farm maybe farmer's markets will have them? They had a lot of flavor. I hope the in person meetings go well!

@kitchenh66 Hi Darlene, welcome to Slimpossibles!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 @TeresaW1020 @davors19 way to go team, amazing especially with Easter!

Happy Sunday gang! Did my workout and Walmart pickup, I left a few pieces of bacon out to defrost last night and they were on the counter this morning, oops! Of course it was too late to add to my pickup order since it was at 10 so I had vegetarian pizza for dinner. I made a list of spring cleaning I have to do and got started today, did the kitchen counters, appliances inside and outside, mopped the floor, and did the pantry so I'm really happy to have a spotless kitchen. Spent some time in the yard but everything's pretty much in. I used leftover straw from the feral cat enclosure that he never used as mulch and there's grass popping up everywhere I used it which is pretty annoying, I'm not doing that again! I listened to a sprouting lecture and it was saying some things double in nutrients if you sprout them, I contained my excitement and only did some regular radish sprouts I had then some mung beans are soaking right now. Don't want my clean kitchen to have seeds everywhere! I have a seed sprouting kit I got my dad he never used that's here and it's two small trays so that's not too bad. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
  • laurelfit57
    Is anyone else having problems with the MFP diary? Mine is totally blank and has been that way since about 12:30 MST. It is blank for previous days as none of my recipes or meals are there.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 188.8
    Month +/-: -4.6
    Total Loss: 75.6

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Happy Monday Slims!

@trooworld - like the in person meeting idea. You go girl!

@laurelfit57 - that's a great weigh in for the week you had. And you're still under 140!

@kitchendh66 - Hi! And Welcome!

@Katmary71 - anyone who would search for dust while you are in the can is not good friend material.... but I get what you are saying. We all have a bit of dust somewhere! Good luck with your cleaning and your sprouting!

@TeresaW1020 - that's a very small gain. You keep going with your new exercise plan, fasting and NBA and you will be rocking it. Don't let your scale tell you otherwise.

Once again- not much new here. My house and yard are starting to look real nice. Been a bit up and down mood wise. Got two good sleep nights in and that helped. Very much looking forward to having fun with our guests for a couple of days. Mini vacay! I will keep my cooking healthy while they are here. Exercise will happen, but probably less- lots of walking. Just going to do my best and enjoy it.

Lisa

• trooworld
    @Vegan4lyfe2012 @TeresasW1020 @davors19 Congrats on getting onto the leaderboard!

@kitchendh66 Hi Darlene, welcome to the team!!! Let us know if you need any help with anything, are you struggling with anything right now?

@Katmary71 Oh good to know thanks. Thank you, I hope so too! Sounds like you had a productive Sunday. I love a spotless kitchen! Good luck with the gardening.

@Cornanda Thank you! I'm glad the good night's sleep helped you. Enjoy the time with your guests.

Hi all. I did a LOT of meal prep yesterday. It should really help me this week. I'm off work today but go back tomorrow. We are going for a walk this morning if it isn't too hot. Other than that, I'm just going to enjoy my day!

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    I’m a little behind, but here’s my 2c anyway :smile:

@askewcr – Holy smack! 100 sit ups 3 days straight?!? That’s crazy! Hope the artist visit went good for everyone.

@TeresaW1020 – Poor Joe. And poor you! It will be nice when things settle down for you both. In the meantime, lots of prayers for you two. I hope you both have a great visit with his son. May I send Joe a thinking of you card?

@gwamajtw91 – What an exciting time coming up for you! Safe travels to England and how awesome you’ll get to see your oldest son soon! Congrats to your youngest for his upcoming graduation!

@Katmary71 – You are such an asset to that organization. My mom lives in an apartment building that is for seniors and she’s talked about some of the people there that seem so lonely and don’t have people taking them places. My mom tries getting them to play games in the community room, but some are too shy. I think your ideas are really needed. So what scary movie did you watch? Was the sprouting info from the Food Revolution Summit? I only had a chance to listen to the first podcast on gut microbiomes.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO – I’m so sorry you’re feeling unmotivated. I am right there with you. Like, my intentions are good, but my brain just isn’t cooperating. Hang in there!

@trooworld – that ape’s expression is exactly how I feel when I’m at work! Hahaha! Nice job with all the steps!

@laurelfit57 – I am so sorry about the losses of your aunt and friend. And to see your uncle like that is heartbreaking, too.

@Cornanda – I hope you have a great time with your guests!

@kitchendh66 – Welcome to the team!

I’ll write an update in a couple hours…off to physical therapy for my neck. He starts with an awesome 30 minute massage and it’s spoiling me!

NO ZERO DAYS!
This discussion has been closed.