What is your choice of drink at Starbucks? ☕
Tagged:

Replies

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2022
    Typical drinks I get:

Red Eye w/cream and sugar.
    Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew - light ice.
    Double shot of espresso with an equal amount of steamed half/half, and one pump of whatever syrup I like or just the classic syrup. Alternatively and almost the same - a double shot short latte with one pump of syrup.
    I also like the shaken espressos with an extra shot of espresso and one less pump of syrup and light ice. If I get a drink with ice, I always ask for light ice/less ice.

Usually regular sized lattes have too much milk for me (I'm just not really a super fan of the taste of steamed milk) but sometimes I order them just to be simple. But I have to get one additional espresso shot from what's typically in it and one less pump of syrup from what's typically in it.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Water... I can get better coffee at lesser prices almost any where else... :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Nonfat latte, no flavor. I prefer a local chain over Starbucks (don't prefer dark roast), but that's always been my main choice anywhere, even when I wasn't trying to lose weight. I'm soooo not team "Hot Milkshake" (yuck)! The size of drink varies with how much caffeine I need, how many calories I have a available, and what my protein situation looks like. (Nonfat dairy milk is an excellent protein source for me, as an ovo-lacto vegetarian - very calorie efficient.)

On the rare occasion in summer, I have an iced latte, and I prefer that just slightly sweet, so would still go with nonfat dairy milk, but have a partial serving of regular vanilla syrup (maybe just one pump, but it depends on drink size a bit). To me, all of the non-caloric sweeteners taste kind of weird, sugar tastes decent, and I don't tend to go overboard on added sugar in other ways, so I'm fine with this choice.

I know that what I like isn't what most people prefer. Coffee drinks are only the tip of that iceberg! (Nonetheless . . . I managed to get fat/obese anyway, but am now in year 6+ of maintaining a healthy weight post-loss.)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not just Starbucks, but any coffee shop:

If it's hot outside, non-fat iced latte. A tiny bit of vanilla syrup if I'm feeling crazy (I'm not really into sweet coffee, so mainly for the flavor).

If it's cold outside...depends on the situation....

If I'm on the go and just need my morning caffeine, then regular coffee that I'll add in some low- or non-fat milk.

If I have time to sit and sip and socialize...a cappuccino or espresso.

I very rarely find myself in a coffee shop, though. I typically just have it at home or at work.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I don't do Starbucks...too many good local coffee shops for that. When I go out for coffee usually get a cappuccino because I can't make those at home. My wife and I go to the coffee shop occasionally...mostly we just make coffee at home for our daily.
  • SwimBikeRun_Mom
    SwimBikeRun_Mom Posts: 46 Member
    I'm boring - black coffee, hot. I'm a traditionalist :) For a special treat, a latte or cappuccino!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Double espresso on ice.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Espresso - 4 shots
    For flavor, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice = Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves. allspice.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I typically go to a Starbucks afternoon so I go for a tall or grande 'pour over' decaf (black w/a package of Stevia). Or if I don't have the time to wait for it, I'll just get a decaf Americana.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Venti americano if I happen to be in the area/busy. Otherwise I make my own.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    azuki84 wrote: »
    Venti americano if I happen to be in the area/busy. Otherwise I make my own.

In reverse. Make my French press 20 oz of Lavazza espresso in the morning. And may do venti americano @starbucks
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Cold brew with sweet cream or flat white. If they happen to have the cookie crumble mocha frappe thingy, I'll get that if I am in the mood for liquid ice cream.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    I really can't stand anything sweet (sugar, artificial sweetener, syrup) in my coffee -- to me it's a vile mix-up of sweet and bitter, and coffee's main flavor is supposed to be bitter -- that's not a bug, it's a feature. If I want something sweet, I'll get a steamer (heated milk) with a shot or two of syrup or a tea latte (I like the "London fog" made with Earl Grey and and the chai tea latte -- sometimes I'll have them add a shot of espresso, because for some reason the presence of tea and milk somehow mitigates the bitter-sweet clash for me, even though I normally drink plain tea without sugar and usually without milk).

I used to put milk or cream in my coffee all the time, but now I generally only do that to mask bad coffee (too weak, over roasted, sat on a burner too long), or if I'm looking to get a few calories or some protein or fat with my drink and they don't have any food on offer that suits my taste and dietary needs.

If I go to Starbucks or any place that does espresso-based drinks, I generally have a hot americano in cold weather and an iced americano or cold brew in warm weather. Once in a while if I want something "fancy," I'll do a flat white or a cappuccino. Sometimes at Starbucks if I'm stopping for a drink to take in the car, I'll ask for foam when I'm ordering a cold drink to ensure I get one of the "sippy cup" lids instead of a straw. I've never liked drinking through a straw.

Looking forward to trying the new thing at Starbucks where you can bring in your own cup for them to put your drink in, instead of a disposable (it's been going on for about a week here, I think, but since working remotely Starbucks is no longer a daily or even a weekly habit for me).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    edited April 2022
    I was last at a Starbucks over nine years ago for a first date with my partner. I probably had chai.

At home, I have a single-serve brewer and make either:
    1. Half Starbucks Hazelnut and half Teeccino Chicory Coffee Alternative – Almond Amaretto with cinnamon, milk, and sugar
    2. Half Starbucks Peppermint Mocha and half Teeccino Chicory Coffee Alternative – Raspberry Mocha with milk and sugar

I like my first beverage of the day to be hot. Weather depending, I will make iced.

I also drink tea and since that's not straightforward either, I will save my concoction for a tea thread :lol:
  • ErinKeegan2
    ErinKeegan2 Posts: 20 Member
    just cappuccino with caramel sauce
  • pcrozier99
    pcrozier99 Posts: 35 Member
    My choice at Starbuck's is to look at the prices and turn around and pay much less for a better black coffee almost anywhere else.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    pcrozier99 wrote: »
    My choice at Starbuck's is to look at the prices and turn around and pay much less for a better black coffee almost anywhere else.

Exactly- I also drink black coffee and Starbucks coffee beans taste awful.
    Maybe that's why they add so much sweet junk to it - to make it taste better.
  • paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    pcrozier99 wrote: »

Exactly- I also drink black coffee and Starbucks coffee beans taste awful.
    Maybe that's why they add so much sweet junk to it - to make it taste better.

I also drink black coffee and I've always thought that the reason Starbucks coffee tastes so bad by itself is because they need to have it pretty harsh to actually have some coffee flavor after they add all that stuff to it. I prefer strong coffee but theirs comes across as really over roasted and burnt. Only go to Starbucks if there is no other place to get coffee and I am desperate.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Agree with those preferring coffee places other than Starbucks (I mostly just make coffee at home with good beans), but my choice would be either cold brewed or plain old black (both non sweetened) if at Starbucks. I dislike sweetened coffee and although I like lattes fine they tend to be something I have rarely these days and aren't my go-to coffee pick.
  • wakegrrl
    wakegrrl Posts: 215 Member
    I'm not a coffee drinker, so my choice at Starbucks or any coffee shop is chai latte, non-fat milk, hot or iced (light ice) depending on season.