Macros for booty gains??

suzannaoshea
suzannaoshea Posts: 1 Member
I’m trying to build some real glute and leg gains while maintaining a slim waist and “flatish” belly….is this possible?? I’ve tracked macros before with great success. I lift 5 times a week. Help!!

Replies

• fritzbustillos
    fritzbustillos Posts: 6 Member
    It's certainly possible, if you build your shoulders and back aside from your glutes and legs you will get an illusion of a smaller waist.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Bigger upper body will make your waist look smaller.

But I find that heel elevated goblet squats give me some great ab and glute work. Another great one that can be kind of tricky at first are split squats. I’d also look into good mornings, or RDLs
  • pandoragreen21
    pandoragreen21 Posts: 8 Member
    It's possible, but always set realistic expectations. I have done many a bulk and cut cycles to build what I have and am currently in a cut-phase. I would focus on getting enough protein and progressive overload on basic lifts (squats, RDLs, hip thrusts) and as others have said do not neglect your UB as this builds the illusion of a smaller waist.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    edited April 2022
    I’m trying to build some real glute and leg gains while maintaining a slim waist and “flatish” belly….is this possible?? I’ve tracked macros before with great success. I lift 5 times a week. Help!!

This is basically what people refer to as a recomp. It is possible, especially if you're not at a very low body fat percentage. @sardelsa was our resident expert for doing exactly what you want to do, but she hasn't been around these parts in quite some time :cry:.

Anyway, as far as macros go, keep your protein up around 0.7 to 1.0 gram per pound of body weight per day. That's the only thing that matters as far as gaining muscle goes, assuming you're getting enough calories otherwise to perform your workouts well.

Also, find a good progressive program to follow. Bret Contreras isn't called the "Glute Guy" for nothing. Lot's a people have found his programs very effective for glute gains.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Do a search for Strong Curves - Bret Contreras