Unable to Create New, Edit Existing Foods/Meals/Recipes, Quick Add, Sync, and/or Login - Resolved

Answers

• pdills12
    pdills12 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2022
    I'm assuming the sync is issue is in conjunction with the other issues that started over the weekend. I know mine stopped syncing about midday Sunday.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    edited April 2022
    My iOS app is not syncing to the website. I've deleted, re-downloaded the app, and tried again, but still nothing.

It's been failing since Friday. My app is the latest version.
  • lysar76
    lysar76 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    same here since 2 days, no solution ...
  • kyserthehun
    kyserthehun Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    They're having issues with syncing apparently. Says they're moving towards a resolution. Might try to use the food scanner in the FitBit app and dump FitnessPal.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/5716717249933
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,120 MFP Staff
    edited April 2022
    Apologies for any problems you are having. To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
  • durden
    edited April 2022
    If you are seeing a step count and a 0 for the adjustment, then you have not yet earned an adjustment.

The adjustment is actually not based on your step count, but instead based on your entire activity for the day. The step count is there as an incentive and though it does contribute to part of your activity level, it's not the sole contributor.

Therefore x amount of steps does not mean you will receive x amount of extra calories.

The way the adjustment is derived is by comparing your total calories burned from your tracker against the total calories already provided by MyFitnessPal.

When you have earned more calories than MyFitnessPal has already provided, you will then see the difference as your adjustment.

** You can view a breakdown of this calculation by either tapping on the adjustment line in the app, or by clicking the "i" next to the adjustment line in the Cardiovascular section online at www.MyFitnessPal.com **

Please also note: the total calories from MyFitnessPal will include any calories instantly provided by adding separate exercises (outside of your partner adjustment) to MyFitnessPal, along with the calories needed to reach the goals you set when joining the program.

The following article may also help: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-
  • durden
    edited April 2022
    Apologies for any problems you are having. To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
  • durden
    edited April 2022
  • kfmangels
    kfmangels Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited April 2022
    The only issue that I'm having seems to be Fitbit syncing with MFP - steps and my weigh-in this morning didn't sync, but food and water are syncing from MFP to Fitbit. I haven't had any other issues that people are talking about.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Besides the above issues, I discovered that the entire meal I logged for dinner on Saturday has disappeared from my diary.
  • northnr
    northnr Posts: 1 Member
    Today I started having another issue with the app. If I add something on the program on my laptop it is not syncing with my phone app. So I have to add everything twice on both devices
  • MisterSnrubb
    MisterSnrubb Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    Same problem here, happening since yesterday and still not resolved.

Also, foods that I've created recently on the app don't show up on the website.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    edited April 2022
    Fitbit/MFP is useless as a combination. I get that Fitbit works on zone minutes, but find it gives little/no credit for exercise on the MFP platform. What is the point in using these technologies if we are still left guessing at the end of the day?
  • rvbilsen
    rvbilsen Posts: 5 Member
    This is really unforgivable for a company that let you pay for their software. A lot of people rely on this but are now in distress because it is not working. I wonder what they come up with when the problems are solved. For now this is very bad news for MFP and I think they will loose a lot of costumers.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2022
    Glad it's not just me. And it's not just devices.
    My fitbit steps won't sync, and the walk I logged on mapmyrun didn't copy over so I had to manually enter an exercise into my mfp diary.
  • wenzelnk7908wenzelnk
    wenzelnk7908wenzelnk Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2022
    Same issue since Sunday with steps not syncing from FitBit to MFP. This seems to happen more and more often . At least, this far, it seems to get fixed eventually, sometimes quicker than others. I’ve learned to come to the Community board to see if others are having same issues before I start trying to “fix” things by deleting and reloading apps to no avail.

I, too, would appreciate a short “heads up” blurb to let me know something’s on the blink with the program, rather than worrying it’s my device.
  • fxg20
    fxg20 Posts: 61 Member
    Not refunding every cent of premium fees this month is highway robbery and will be remembered.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    northnr wrote: »
    Today I started having another issue with the app. If I add something on the program on my laptop it is not syncing with my phone app. So I have to add everything twice on both devices

Same, and it's infuriating.
  • lovelylosses
    lovelylosses Posts: 27 Member
    I expect that MFP will be refunding premium subscriptions for this month? Considering the app is unusable as is.
This discussion has been closed.