CW: 216
    PW: 216
    Ltw: 0lb

Loss since August 2021 60 lb

On maintenance for 4 weeks
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Happy Monday Team.

I was sick most of yesterday with a bad tummy ache. I took a long hot bath and a 2-hour nap in the afternoon. I felt better after that.

I ate over my plan yesterday by almost 200 calories. I'm just not motivated to lose those last 20 lbs. lately but I'm sure I will get back to it soon. I need to track my steps and water; it helps me to stay on track.

Today they will start on our roof, we are getting the entire thing rebuilt with improvements. Very expensive but we need it done.

I'm going to Costco in a few minutes for more oranges, strawberries and blueberries. I added a new fruit to my diet. I got a regular fruit salad going now. I figured out how to cook popcorn in the temporary microwave. I bought kernels and an Original Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper, Silicone Popcorn Maker, Collapsible Bowl - The Most Colors Available (Transparent) it works really well but the popcorn is a bit plain. I was putting it in a bag with some salt free lemon pepper seasoning. I miss the salty sweet kettle corn mini bags which this microwave burns no matter what settings I try. I find it strange that one change to my routine put me off track. I promise to get back on track today. I've been eating most of my 1200 calories everyday now. I won't get below 160 if I can't stay on track.

I've been a bit depressed lately, I think I have spring fever and I need to get out of the house more.

Congrats to those who lost, and hugs to those who need it.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@Cornanda Thanks, I wasn’t too upset with the small gain since I have started the new workout program and the way the trainer has me doing weights is intense. Plus, Joe was craving ice cream so we went to our favorite place and had sundaes. I did have the sugar-free, fat-free ice cream but that hot fudge was full-on decadence. 😊 I hope you have a wonderful visit. Since I found out we are having company in June, I’m already in my deep clean and rearrange the house mode. :grin:

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you for your prayers and I know Joe would so appreciate a card. <3 We both enjoyed the lovely Easter card you sent. I tell him about my special online friends all the time. Wow, a 30-minute neck massage sounds like heaven!!

@FushiaKat Sorry you were sick, and I hope you are better now. Getting a new roof can be stressful so getting outside in the sunshine will be a good distraction and hopefully help with your feelings of depression. We are getting a Cosco built in our town, and I can’t wait for the grand opening day!

Hi Team! It’s been a very busy couple of days and I’m sitting here at almost 10 pm binge-watching some trash TV on Netflix while Joe is sleeping. Yesterday, Joe and I had a great day. He felt good and we went to church and then did some shopping at TJ Maxx for some stuff for the house. We went to see our two dear friends and splurged on ice cream sundaes. It was like having my old Joe back and it felt great! Then this morning he woke up feeling awful and has spent most of the day resting. I did a ton of stuff today like getting my oil changed, running around to different stores, grocery shopping, and then I came home and did a killer workout. I am loving this new program and even though I had a small gain this week, I’m down well for the month so that makes me happy. I’ve written out my rules and My Big Why from the Never Binge Again workbook and I’m super motivated to have a great month. OK, I’ve rattled on enough. Good night! :grin:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @Laurelfit57 There's a link to click in the groups that addresses that, I haven't had that problem but some of my friends are. I didn't click the link before coming here so I don't know what was said about it.

@Cornanda LOL I know, if someone is swiping for dust they deserve to get dirty, right?! Glad to hear you're a sleeping beauty, sleep makes everything so much easier.

@trooworld So what awesome meals did you prep? You always have great recipes, I need to start doing a new one every week again.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes I was watching the Food Revolution Summit, I love that you're watching it too! I watched a little today but it was stuff I knew and the gut and mental health. The last guy on yesterday was the sprout guy. The movie was The Deeper You Dig, it was pretty good! I know when I was bedridden I was having panic attacks dealing with new people, it's easy to get very isolated which is why it's something on my mind. The head of the charity hasn't responded to me yet but her son's birthday was this weekend, hopefully we'll talk about it soon. Good luck with PT!

@FushiaKat Good to see you, glad you're feeling a little better. I have a silicone popcorn popper but like you I like it better with goodies on it (especially stove with butter and oil but who has those calories!). I was doing garlic powder and paprika but you wouldn't want to breathe on your husband afterward! I tried coconut aminos sprinkled on it which makes it a little soggy but if you add salt it's sweet with the salt. I have a little shaker I got with my Amish popcorn kit that has a sweet siracha but of course there's no nutritional info, if you Google Amish popcorn on Amazon the seller comes up. I hope once the roof is done you're start to feel a little better, so much stuff going on at once in the house is a lot of stress. I'm always up for a hug, one right back atcha! Let me know if there's anything good I should keep an eye out for at Costco, I'm probably putting it off until next week because it's hard for me to go there but I want one of those Revlon hair styling tools and am getting one for my SIL's birthday.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you and Joe had an awesome day, sounds like it's just what you both needed! I'm sorry to hear he's not feeling too hot today, his poor body has been through hell so hopefully tomorrow he'll be feeling stronger. Glad you're in the groove with working out, love that feeling of slaying a workout!

Hi gang, worked out then have been continuing in the yard and house, not much else going on. I'm reading a Dean Koontz book that is a lot like Patterson's The Zoo, hopefully it won't be exactly the same.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 LOL yeah me too! Thank you! A 30-minute neck massage sounds like a great way to start off physical therapy.

@fatfifties Great maintenance weigh-in!

@FushiaKat Sorry you've been sick. I am glad you are feeling better. That's great you figured out the popcorn. I hope getting out of the house will help your depression. Hugs.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you got to enjoy some downtime/trash TV time lol. That's great you guys had a good day. I'm sorry he didn't feel well after the good day. You sound determined!

@Katmary71 For my BIL and MIL, I made Instant Pot Mississippi Pork. For us, I made the chicken for the Chicken Salad with Blackberries, Feta, Golden Beets and Avocado; I made Tofu, broccoli & butternut squash with creamy tahini sauce and I also made Instant Pot Chicken Fried Quinoa. I also cut up a pineapple and 2 cantaloupes. I knew if I didn't cut them up while I had the energy, they wouldn't get done lol. Thanks, I appreciate it. Let me know if you want any of these recipes, I'm happy to post them.

Hi all. I had a great day off yesterday. I did go for a walk with my DH in the morning, made bean soup, had pizza at lunchtime, and then when it was time to eat the bean soup, I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat dinner. I was listening to my body rather than eating by the clock. Back to work today. It's been nice being off.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 199.4
    CW: 202.0
  • kitchendh66
    kitchendh66 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi everyone thank you.

@trooworld The main thing I struggle with is food. I am some what a picky eater, but I am working on that. I'm trying to get recipes that will last a couple of days. I do a lot of casseroles or cooking in the slow cooker.

Everyone have a Marvelous Monday!!
  • kitchendh66
    kitchendh66 Posts: 9 Member
    OMG!! Today is Tuesday. 😂😂 I was off from work yesterday.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!
  • FushiaKat
    Happy Tuesday!
    Looks like I need to have company so I can deep clean our house too. We do have some friends that want to come by, but that will be much later in the year. My husband does not like people in our house and they are only allowed in the living room and front bathroom. When we bought our new couch, we got the sleeper sofa for them.

I got strawberries, blueberries, oranges and mini bell peppers at Costco plus some eye drops, vitamins, band aid's and tylenol. They have great stuff, but everything is in large quantities. I got 4 containers of strawberries I hope they don't spoil before I eat all of them. The smallest box of oranges they had was 10 lbs. They have really good beans and rice in the fridge section, just heat and eat. Sadly, they did not have the salt free lemon pepper spice, just the normal one. I buy my laundry soap from Sam's Club online it has free delivery; I like the All Free and Clear pods. Best invention ever!

I ordered a new cookbook yesterday from Hatch Chili store the salsas are awesome and the chili sauce too. The cookbook has a tomato / zucchini recipe I want to try and they have the recipe for Chili Relleno's too. https://freshchileco.com/

I stayed on track yesterday and will weigh-in later today.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Hello everyone!

It's a great day today. I've just been reflecting today on how blessed we are. There are so many blessings and mercies we can't count them all. When I fix my mouth to try to complain, I'm reminded that I have a mouth and that I can speak....Blessing! Just little stuff like that is on my mind today. I went to the gym and did my thing. I didn't get on the sit-up machine because I'm trying to be wise about it. :) I don't want another back injury. Everybody have a wonderful and blessed day people!

Let's go get it!! B)
  • FushiaKat
    edited April 2022
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW: 161.7
    CW:159.8

Woo-hoo, I just squeaked into the 150's 19.8 more pounds to my goal weight. Maybe I was not so bad after all, it just felt like it. I'm ashamed to say I've lost 85.2 lbs. At one point I thought I was going to weigh 245 lbs. for the rest of my life.
    3h0m8lhpuapx.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi MS..Another new member joining your amazing team... Please welcome @shawna_25 :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @trooworld Your meals sound amazing, thank you for sharing! I don't think I have ingredients for most of what you listed but they sound amazing, especially Tofu broccoli and butternut squash, I think I have tahini if it hasn't gone bad. Glad you've been enjoying your time off work.

@kitchendh66 Hope your Tuesday was awesome! I do that sometimes but I go around wishing everyone on my friend's list here a happy incorrect day!

@FushiaKat Sounds like a good Costco haul, I agree about the large quantities, you can't go too crazy. You can always freeze berries too, don't know how oranges would do. The Hatch cookbook sounds like fun!YAY, you made it to the 150s, congratulations! I get what you're saying about being ashamed but please try to think of how far you've come instead of being negative to yourself about it, you're doing amazing!

@askewcr Love your outlook, I think it's wonderful to think that way, I try doing that when I wake up as I'm thankful for the two little furballs on the bed with me, my friends and family, and that my house is all mine again (the latter isn't negative is it being happy my ex is gone?). My physical therapists told me to stay away from the sit up machine after my back fusions, not sure if that goes for everyone or not but they said it put too much pressure on the low back.

@shawna_25 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

Hi everyone, happy Tuesday night! Another day of the same thing, worked out, cleaned, and gardened. Tomorrow I'm getting wild and crazy and watering at the greenhouse. Not much else going on, have a great Wednesday!
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 The Tofu broccoli and butternut squash recipe is a WW recipe, here it is if you want to see if you have everything. I'll post it below. Yes, I had a great time off work! Now, I need more time off lol.

Tofu, broccoli & butternut squash with creamy tahini sauce:
    14 oz extra firm tofu drained and cut into 8 equal pieces
    1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    1 head uncooked broccoli cut into florets
    4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt divided, or to taste
    1⁄2 tsp black pepper or to taste
    2 lbs uncooked butternut squash cut in 1 1/2 in chunks
    2 garlic cloves
    2 Tbsp Tahini
    2 Tbsp plain fat free Greek yogurt
    2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce or to taste
    2 Tbsp pepitas toasted

Preheat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, marinate tofu with soy sauce for 10 minutes.

In medium bowl, combine broccoli, 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.

On large sheet pan (at least 16 by 12 inches), toss squash, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and remaining 2 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir.

Move squash to 1 side of sheet pan and arrange broccoli on other side of pan. Nestle tofu in center of pan, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Continue to bake until squash is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
    Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, sriracha, 2 tbsp warm water, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt.

Divide tofu and vegetables among 4 plates. Drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with pepitas.

Serving size: 2 pieces tofu, 11/4 cups vegetables, 11/2 tbsp sauce, and 1/2 tbsp pepitas

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    @jugar I just wanted to make sure that you saw me ask to change my weigh-in day to Saturdays?
  • trooworld
    @kitchendh66 If you need any recipes, I have a collection of 6,877 recipes and it's very easy for me to share recipes, so just let me know what you are interested and I can post some links to some of them. :) I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday. I forgot it was Tuesday, too! LOL

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss and getting into a new decade!

Hi all. I was kind of stressed at work yesterday, I had 150 emails to deal with when I got back after being off for 2 days. I stayed on plan yesterday and under my WW points. It was a good day.

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @jugar I just wanted to make sure that you saw me ask to change my weigh-in day to Saturdays?

All set!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @kitchendh66 and @shawna_25 Welcome to the team! 😊

@FushiaKat Wow congrats on your loss and getting into the 150s!! Don’t be ashamed for one minute about where you have been and what an amazing transformation you have done for yourself! When I started in 2017 I was a miserable 264 lbs. I don’t care how long it takes me to get to goal as long as I never return to the woman I was. You are a true inspiration!! B)

@trooworld Yikes that is a lot of emails! Good job on staying on track. Is all that meal prepping paying off for you? :)

Hi Team! I took Joe to the urologist this morning and they removed the cath and now we are praying he can go on his own before we return at 3:30 for a bladder scan. The poor thing keeps drinking and trying to go. On Monday, I made a vow to myself to stay 100% focused on my Never Binge Again rules for the rest of this month, all of May, and until June 12th. That is when Joe’s youngest son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter come to visit. With both sons coming to visit in June there will be lots of eating out, alcohol, and other treats. I need to prove to myself that I can use some self-discipline and hopefully get into these cute green pants that I bought last summer and haven’t worn yet. ;)

My three rules are to Never Again eat sugar/snacky foods at work, see the scale go up two days in a row, and clean fast for a minimum of 17 hours a day. When I go to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm just going to fast the whole time I'm there. I did that yesterday with a huge black coffee and cans of plain seltzer and did just fine. Mind over matter!!! Right? :#:)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    So excited to be back on MFP! Shortly after I checked in here last a few days ago, I messaged help and while I was waiting for the reply I deleted both MFP app and Fitbit app as they were not syncing up. I went onto my iPad and tried the same thing unfortunately once I had to log back into MFP, I kept getting an error message. About an hour later I got a message from the help centre and they said do not delete your app, otherwise you won’t be able to log back in:/. I was so relieved when I saw this afternoon that I could finally get back in!
    So I haven’t been able to track food or anything since, I think it was Sunday. I tried to keep track the best I could, ball parking the calories, boy it was going old school this week! This app definitely makes life easier :-) :-)
    @Fushiakat 🥳 you made it into the 150s!!!!

I will get back on track with comments tomorrow, it sounds like everybody is doing pretty well!
    I think I have done pretty well so far this week, I have decided that I am so dependent on this app for tracking my food and exercise.
    I went through every closet and drawer that I have clothes in today and I tried on absolutely everything. I am getting rid of two big green garbage bags full of clothes! It felt good to know exactly what clothes to keep and what clothes to finally give away. Some of my clothes have been hanging in my closet for 10 years, I bought them years ago, too small for me. Some of them look good some of them are definitely not my style, or don’t fit my body the way it is now. It was a very cathartic but exhausting day. And then about 3 o’clock this afternoon I saw I finally got back on MFP and it gave me the extra little push to know that once I was done sorting through all my clothes, I could sit down and catch up with our group!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - 150 emails?! Yikes! Good work on your food prepping.

@TeresaW1020 - I hope Joe peed. :) You are working hard and so determined. It's impressive!

@FushiaKat - Congrats! That's a wonderful accomplishment.

@laurelfit57 - I'm glad you got back in- I missed you! And wow- that sounds like quite a job going through your closet, but satisfying. That's something I'm going to need to do when I get closer to my goal.

Not much new here. Lots of guest prep this week which includes some errands and also tying up loose ends at work. I'm not as focused as I should be. I wanted to get 2 pounds off before they came. I'll just have to get back to work once they leave.

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.