30 barbell press (15kg)
    30 burpees
    30 box jumps
    30 dead ball slams (12kg)
    60 mountain climbers
    60 Russian Twists
    6 laps of sled push (sled weight only)
    500 metres Rower

Did it in 15:53. I was dead afterwards. Will see how my time improves in 6 weeks after the F45 challenge.

Age 46, 2 years post partum.

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited April 2022
    Djproulx wrote: »
    RaquelFit2 wrote: »
    I've read everyones workouts and it seems you're all very advanced. I've just started trying to lose weight and get back in shape this past January. Currently, weight 133.5. Goal weight 125 lbs.

My stuff is going to seem very insignificant but I'd like to post here and hope that your hard work and dedication rubs off.

Back and knees didn't feel right today but still I did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9SxtjtZ_E

If you're referring to my age, you're dead right! ;)

Your approach to fitness seems perfectly on target to me. If taken as standalone events, most of what we do for fitness daily is not that exciting*, nor is any one workout the "make or break" factor. IMO, it is simply building the HABIT of being active that is the key.

You'll see that many find posting here is an easy way to hold ourselves accountable for maintaining our fitness habits. And the ad hoc support and feedback from others is a nice bonus. Welcome.

* ETA: I should have said "except for @drmwc's diving, climbing and cave explorations" which are very cool! :)

I'm not actually very good at any of these things, but they make me happy. Also, doing them frequently slowly increases the amount I can do, and the skill level with which I can do it. So again, the habit of doing these things frequently is more important than any single workout.

I went climbing on Friday (indoor bouldering.) I spent most of my time projecting a new route. I eventually got it, after 40 minutes of embarrassing falls. The crux is at the top, and I'm not sure my route was optimal, but it eventually worked.

On Saturday, I dropped off my drysuit for repair. It leaks pretty much everywhere - I will get it back early June. I bought a back-up drysuit to minimise lost dives, but that won't be ready until mid-June.

I wanted dry gloves as well as the repair, and the shop said they needed to measure me for this, which was why I drove down (to Portland, Dorset). It was 3.5 hours drive, and it seemed like a shame to go all that way and immediately drive back. So I did the Coastal Path around the island, for an impromptu 14 mile hike.

8kpuw8atwclf.jpg

Today, I went for a climb at a different gym from normal. Trains were a bit broken, so I got 8 miles walk in getting to the gym and back. I was in form - it was a 2 hour session. Again, my projecting ended up concentrating on one climb, which only took me about 20 minutes this time. The route was fun and short - the trick seemed to be to ignore all hand holds at one point, which lets you get a leg against a corner, which then brings some other hand holds to within reach.
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    I did two hours of yard work. We're getting the ground ready for a new garden shed.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I did a fitness Test at F45. It was the following:

10kcal on ski erg
    30 squat jumps
    30 bench hops
    10kcal on bike erg
    30 barbell press (15kg)
    30 burpees
    30 box jumps
    30 dead ball slams (12kg)
    60 mountain climbers
    60 Russian Twists
    6 laps of sled push (sled weight only)
    500 metres Rower

Did it in 15:53. I was dead afterwards. Will see how my time improves in 6 weeks after the F45 challenge.

Age 46, 2 years post partum.

Quite a high intensity effort! If you weren't dead after that routine, then nothing will kill you! ;)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Traded my Sunday long run/swim for another bike ride yesterday. Joined a group of nine friends who are working to build bike endurance for the Watkins Glen race in July. Plan was to ride a 40 mile flattish course at an easy pace. (Some are fairly new cyclists).

We had a crash halt our ride after only 18 miles. While on a bike path, a rider hit a marked pothole, but couldn't recover steering and she went over the handlebars. Bloody nose, broken tooth and sore ribs, but otherwise ok. Good news is that we had an MD riding with us and he checked her out on scene before a trip to the ER. She is ok today. Most of us finished a shortened route, but the crash was upsetting to witness. It was a reminder that cycling carries a risk beyond just traffic concerns.

• RaquelFit2
    Walked the dog for 30 minutes.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Elliptical. 45 min. Ya know, the usual. :smile:

I will add that I went a little faster pace today while keeping the HR in my typical Zone 3. Progress! (Also, a good night's sleep does wonders.)
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Slow&steady 3.3 miles tread jog and 15 mins on the elliptical.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Same ol' Monday rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), 2:28.5 average pace at 20spm, 35:42 and 6805m including the row out/in & CD. Moderate, 105W, less than 1' Z4, 26' Z3, remainder below.
  • RaquelFit2
    Strength training upper body 20 minutes.

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2022
    Did 55 really super easy minutes on the Assault Bike today. No HR issues -- everything seemed normal. Barely broke over 60% of max HR, which is right on track with the effort I put in (around 115 to 120 Watts for the entire ride). Nothing unusual and no spikes or erratic behavior. Hopefully yesterday was an anomaly and just too much coffee and stress. Will continue tomorrow and see again if it seems normal before I push a bit on Friday.
  • AnnPT77
    edited April 2022
    Did 55 really super easy minutes on the Assault Bike today. No HR issues -- everything seemed normal. Barely broke over 60% of max HR, which is right on track with the effort I put in (around 115 to 120 Watts for the entire ride). Nothing unusual and no spikes or erratic behavior. Hopefully yesterday was an anomaly and just too much coffee and stress. Will continue tomorrow and see again if it seems normal before I push a bit on Friday.

@MikePfirrman: Was it hot when you worked out? I know you've been going out on the deck, and that' it's been warming up out there. That can make quite a surprising difference, in itself, and doubtless more so if in the context you mention.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@MikePfirrman: Was it hot when you worked out? I know you've been going out on the deck, and that' it's been warming up out there. That can make quite a surprising difference, in itself, and doubtless more so if in the context you mention.

It was fairly hot Ann for this time of year, but not for Tucson. When I sat down, my HR was already in the 90s, which is really odd. It's usually in the 60s when I sit down. I just initially wrote it off to the HRM not catching the beat correctly, but the more I got into the row, all things were off.

Heat will usually spike it maybe 5 beats but this was a lot more than that. Just something I'm going to monitor really closely. Even after I took a shower, I was in the 120s. I'd normally be below a 100 without even trying when I stop and back in the 70s or 60s in no time, so a lot of weird stuff yesterday. When I put the Oxygen Sensor/finger HR sensor on after to double check what the HRM was saying, it was spiking 10 beats up and down when sitting down.

Mimicking A-Fib a lot but I've heard a lot of cases of that with stress, caffeine and dehydration, so I'm hoping that's what it was. I might buy one of those $99 EKG devices on Amazon and monitor it that way. If I see a repeat anytime soon, will make a doc appointment. Today, everything was back to normal.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Did an easy 45 min on the elliptical today (HR zone 2 the whole time). I wanted some post-work stress relief and some extra calories for dinner (I'm in an "eat all the food" kind of mood 😀).
  • AnnPT77
    Back to bike, as if bike-to-RowErg were a ping pong volley. Same 10k+3' CD, 11,095m and 29' overall, pretty easy at 91W average including CD, about 1/3 Z3, remainder below, peak HR 75% max, just under 65% reserve.

Trying to do a bit more intentional stretching, but only about 10' today, including some dead hangs, quads, door way stretches mainly for the scar tissue, hip flexors, hamstrings/calves.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Tuesday 10k. 65 minutes slow and steady… 10:26 avg mile… kept it at my usual 165 SPM…
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited April 2022
    On Monday, I lifted light weights. I did:
    3 sets of 5, 50kgs, bench
    3 set of 5, 90 kgs, deadlift.

On Tuesday, I climbed. I was massively out of form, and fell off loads. Despite this, I somehow managed two new harder routes. 2.25 hour session.

Bouldering is like a succession of sprints. My HR generally goes up to around 130 (according to Fitbit) very briefly, and will fall to below 100 between climbs. This time it seemed more reluctant to fall, so it didn't go below 100 very much at all. My vague hypothesis is that this is linked to my poor form.
  • RaquelFit2
    drmwc wrote: »
    On Monday, I lifted light weights. I did:
    3 sets of 5, 50kgs, bench
    3 set of 5, 90 kgs, deadlift.

On Tuesday, I climbed. I was massively out of form, and fell off loads. Despite this, I somehow managed two new harder routes. 2.25 hour session.

Bouldering is like a succession of sprints. My HR generally goes up to around 130 (according to Fitbit) very briefly, and will fall to below 100 between climbs. This time it seemed more reluctant to fall, so it didn't go below 100 very much at all. My vague hypothesis is that this is linked to my poor form.

You're lucky you can do deadlifts. I have lower back issues so a lot of exercises are off limits to me. When lifting weights I never put them over my head. I do all shoulder and back exercises laying on the bench.
  • RaquelFit2
    I did a 15 minute stretch and 25 minutes of the below video. Even with modifications it was difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfWteDOA44