Introductions!

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Welcome to the May 2022 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and stay true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know you a little better.

WE GOT THIS!!

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    If you're new to the UAC and are anxious to get started, you can check us out for the remainder of April here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142864-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2022

Feel free to introduce yourself or join in the discussions there, or just hang around and get a feel for how it works! <3
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    WELCOME Grace!! @Kabbij Disney World sounds like so much fun!! <3
  • hopefaithlifts
    hopefaithlifts Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer, for another month to focus on daily healthy habits. I hope your move goes super smooth for you! 🙂
  • hopefaithlifts
    edited April 2022
    Thank you @TerriRichardson112, you inspire us!

- I tried the color fonts link .. not sure how it works?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    edited April 2022
    readnlift wrote: »
    Thank you @TerriRichardson112, you inspire us!

- I tried the color fonts link .. not sure how it works?

You generate random colours, then copy/paste the code in place of the colour name.

EG: [ color=red ] replace the red with the code for the color you want.
    NB: I put spaces inside the brackets so that you could read what is there.
    If you type without the brackets the text following is red
  • hopefaithlifts
    edited April 2022
    color= #2fcb5c Hello

I gave it a shot. Thank you @TerriRichardson112 for your help. 🙂
  • Tarann75
    Tarann75 Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hi I'm Tara. I'm 47 years old and live in Australia with my husband, 3 sons and MIL. I lost a lot of weight last year and am now in the healthy weight range. However the last month the last month the scales have been heading up rapidly with lots of emotional and celebratory eating. Unfortunately I tend to "eat my feelings". I'm looking forward to the accountability of this group. I've been checking out last month's challenge posts and it seems to be a really supportive and motivating space.
  • Hi, I'm Caroline. I first lost weight 20 years ago, post-college, when I learned a lot about nutrition with weight watchers and lost 25 pounds. I then kept it off for ~10 years, until I got pregnant. With my first pregnancy, with my now 10-year old, I was very sick the whole time and the only thing that kept me from puking was eating white food, and I gained over half my body weight. I then had another child and a few years there with young children where I really couldn't focus on weight loss. I finally had the bandwidth 3 years ago to turn my attention to it. I lost a fair bit of weight just by paying better attention to what I ate. Then my weight loss stalled and I joined MFP in Feb 2021 and started tracking my calories. But I needed more inspiration and I joined this group in September 2021 and it was been fantastic. I think my intro last month I said that I had lost 25 pound and was hoping to lose more but thinking that maybe I was in maintenance. I have had a lovely month of celebrations (I was going to say a rough month - but overall it has been lovely) and the total loss is now closer to only 20 pounds, so I have my work cut out for me now just to get back to where I was! @Tarann75, I hear all your struggles and am right there with you.
    May is looking like a better month for me in terms of not having too many fun plans, so I am really hoping I can turn things around and go back to being "slow and steady" in the right direction!
  • And I also wanted to add in my introduction that I will be doing some of the regular admin posts this month, taking over temporarily from @Mrs_Hoffer who has to let real life take precedence for a little while.

I would urge all of you to take a look at the Volunteer Schedule: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862844/may-volunteer-schedule#latest
    And think about signing up for a day. I was intimidated for a long time about signing up to volunteer - I felt like only the smart people who had succeeded in weight loss were allowed to volunteer for this group.
    The truth is that this group needs everyone's help to run. Signing up to post the topic for a day just means that you start off the thread (either early in the morning or the night before) either with the already picked topic or with a topic of your choice - could be as simple as a silly gif or friendly hello, or it can be a question you're wondering about or request for stories/thoughts. I've found it very fulfilling and, quite selfishly, it has helped my learning a lot to be able to ask what I am most wondering about.

Looks like we still need cheerleaders for Sundays as well - that just means you read everyone's posts every Sunday - so checking in a few times - and comment to encourage people.

To sign up, just go to the link and leave a comment with what you are willing to do. @Mrs_Hoffer is away this weekend I think so it may be a bit before you officially get on the list, so be patient.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    Here we go for May! I am bON from Austin Tx. As a yo yo er all my life (Im old now too) I finally figured out that I trying to just "be normal" would lead to the same results so I stick around on MFP. I started maintenance in late 2017 after losing about 30 pounds. Not huge but I have lost that same 20-30 off and on many times since I was 17 and each time the weight is uglier and it might be a little more gain. So it's important to me to be accountable to myself. This challenge is awesome because YOU set your goals and YOU are responsible for them. We are all here to help and pull together but in the end I find posting every day and following the 3 basics keeps me on track. For April I focused completely on a fairly high cal intake, my exercise and not binging. For May I am going to do a small cut because I feel a bit "fluffy" lately but my ultimate challenge is to be able to do this without setting a rollercoaster mental/eating thing in place.