honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Unsafe___space
    Have you ever visited Peru?
    It’s so worth a second trip.
    Beautiful with so much to see.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    This hotel 🤦🏻‍♂️. Never have I stayed at a hotel that has told me they've cut off the AC system because "it's cool enough outside so that you can open a window to stay cool at night." It's not cool enough. And I'm next to city center where it's noisy. I've had cheaper hotels that have never done this. Istanbul.. I regret almost every bit of you.

Blast this out the open window:

https://youtu.be/xo0X77OBJUg

Honestly! I've trying to work this into all your Istanbul stories but you've given me nothing! :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My nice relaxing four-day weekend is being rudely interrupted by my father who, upon learning that I have Monday off, wants me to drive him to his accountant's to give them a cheque for his taxes. Not sure why he can't just MAIL a cheque like everyone else. Or why he can't take a driving service (they have a special one for mobility-impaired people) on another day when I'm at work.

Pay it online. Soooooooo much easier and faster and confirmation...er. :)

He's 83, he doesn't do online banking. I think this payment would have exceeded the allowable limit anyway.

Oooh ok. Now I'm confused if the money was for the govt or the accountants and, God, I need to maybe take a real day off.

So, yeah, he could have mailed the check! :)

It was the payment for his 2021 tax owing to Canada Revenue Agency, the accountant can forward it. Or you can mail it. Or you can either bring a cheque to the bank, or have the bank pay it directly out of your account, which I can do on his behalf since I'm joint on his accounts. None of which involve me driving him back and forth across town.

Itty-bitty first-world irk of the day: finding an MFP entry for pumpkin in grams rather than volume. I couldn't even create an entry from the actual product label because it's only in ml. Incidentally, I have the same irk with logging ice cream because the label only has a volume measurement.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    My nice relaxing four-day weekend is being rudely interrupted by my father who, upon learning that I have Monday off, wants me to drive him to his accountant's to give them a cheque for his taxes. Not sure why he can't just MAIL a cheque like everyone else. Or why he can't take a driving service (they have a special one for mobility-impaired people) on another day when I'm at work.

He's 83, he doesn't do online banking. I think this payment would have exceeded the allowable limit anyway.

Oooh ok. Now I'm confused if the money was for the govt or the accountants and, God, I need to maybe take a real day off.

It was the payment for his 2021 tax owing to Canada Revenue Agency, the accountant can forward it. Or you can mail it. Or you can either bring a cheque to the bank, or have the bank pay it directly out of your account, which I can do on his behalf since I'm joint on his accounts. None of which involve me driving him back and forth across town.

Itty-bitty first-world irk of the day: finding an MFP entry for pumpkin in grams rather than volume. I couldn't even create an entry from the actual product label because it's only in ml. Incidentally, I have the same irk with logging ice cream because the label only has a volume measurement.

I think it's the parents' perogative to try to make tax time difficult. My mom called saying I need to go to the accountant and sign her taxes and get them finalized. Well ya I have power of attorney but it's not for you to use when you just don't feel like doing something.

Luckily she pays through her CRA account so I don't have to deal with that but man tax season with older folks is always so difficult
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

I think it's the parents' perogative to try to make tax time difficult. My mom called saying I need to go to the accountant and sign her taxes and get them finalized. Well ya I have power of attorney but it's not for you to use when you just don't feel like doing something.

Luckily she pays through her CRA account so I don't have to deal with that but man tax season with older folks is always so difficult

Tax season with CLIENTS is difficult!

On the topic of making payments...I work for an accounting firm and sometimes my boss offers me up to help people make online payments. Of all ages.

Boss: If you need help, give glassyo a call.
    Me: (once they're on the phone) Just give me your bank info. I can make it for you. (Like being held hostage on the phone with them won't be an extra 20 mins, if I'm lucky, I won't get back?)

Anyway, I made a payment for a client to be debited at the beginning of the month. Just under 2 weeks later, he realizes it was never debited. Ok, it's very possible I wrote a number down wrong so he sends me a pic of his checkbook.

I make the payment again.

It's not debited when it should have been.

Our last resort is to have it debited through our tax software when efiling the return. Which, honestly is what should have hsppened in the first place but the client wanted it before he was ready to efile.

THAT worked but then they end up with a bad check type penalty fee from their bank for the first go round.

I called our state tax board to clear things up and cancel the 2nd online payment and find out there are 2 more scheduled to go through and it's too late to cancel. No one realized it takes like a week or two for the postings to show up.

The client is PISSED. Called us sloppy and, according to his more level headed wife, is threatening legal action. I'm like "for what? HIS lack of patience?"

Anyway, they can't be refunded until the money's debited first so that'll be another phone call I was nice enough to offer to make. :)

@ReenieHJ And now I'm irked at your mother's accountants. Why is all this not being done online? :p
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @glassyo I'm not the one you want. :)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Getting teased with the 70-80’s over the weekend and now 47 today. One day this week a low of 30. I need to move.
  • honey_honey_12
    Already pulling them off. 🙄
    mdzasq6uh7wa.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Getting teased with the 70-80’s over the weekend and now 47 today. One day this week a low of 30. I need to move.

I know the feeling...

Old man winter can hybernate now.
  • MelG7777
    lx1x wrote: »

I know the feeling...

Right? Is it better to have loved the sun and lost than to never have loved at all? I try to be happy for the nice weekend but it’s making the cold even worse. When I move somewhere warm what ever will I complain about??
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

I know the feeling...

Right? Is it better to have loved the sun and lost than to never have loved at all? I try to be happy for the nice weekend but it’s making the cold even worse. When I move somewhere warm what ever will I complain about??

It's too 🥵.. like I do.🤣
  • MelG7777

I know the feeling...

It's too 🥵.. like I do.🤣

Never! I promise I’ll never complain about the heat.
    🤞🏽
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    mdzasq6uh7wa.jpeg

Are they grass ticks ? We mostly get brown dog, cattle and paralysis ticks.
  • honey_honey_12
    mdzasq6uh7wa.jpeg

Brown ticks and deer ticks.
    The worst are the teeny tiny ones when they get all over you, omg!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    mdzasq6uh7wa.jpeg

UGH I know they're out here, but so far I haven't encountered any. Next week my sis and I will be doing green-up and last year, we'd come home covered in them. Gee, can't wait. They're so disgusting when they embed themselves on you. :(
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    mdzasq6uh7wa.jpeg

UGH I know they're out here, but so far I haven't encountered any. Next week my sis and I will be doing green-up and last year, we'd come home covered in them. Gee, can't wait. They're so disgusting when they embed themselves on you. :(

As much as I hate spraying DEET on myself...if I'm doing heavy yard work or deep-woods hiking, I'll spray liberally to prevent ticks. It's a super-nasty chemical, but the "natural" bug repellants just don't work IME. I figure once or twice a year is probably not going to kill me.

But, I know people who have experienced Lyme disease, and it's horrible, so I spray-up.
  • honey_honey_12
    I stopped and bought a Bacon Cheeseburger on my way home from a day of errands.
    Driving around in my community is like slow torture.
    After unloading the car and finally sitting down to eat, I discovered that they had given me a Bacon Cheeseburger WITH NO BURGER!
    Bun, mayo, lettuce, onions, pickles, bacon but NO Cheeseburger patty!
    I was going to drive back over there but I don’t have the mental energy to deal with it.
    How do you wrap up a burger without putting the burger on the bun?
    🤯