April 26

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 549 Member
    edited April 2022
    Taste the Rainbow

h9obhldptc5r.png
    Howdy, UAC family!

On Monday, my sinus started acting up. And it made me realize 1) the toll stress can take on the body (had speak in front of my church on Sunday) 2) that my food intake has been "off " and I was consuming far more processed or fast foods than normal.

I feel as though I did a good job at managing my stress. I took many walks and managed the resources of my mind. But when my nose started running like a faucet on Monday and I felt miserable I was like "Ok, what do I need to do to boost my immune system and keep it up?"

My emergency protocol is take my multivitamin, drink lots of water, drink hot water, apple cider vinegar w/ stevia these days (or honey). At night I'll have echinacea drops in cherry juice (or water), Benadryl and Halls cough drops.

Less than 24hrs later, things are trending upward this Tuesday!

But a few weeks ago, I went through a "Nutrition as we Age" online training. Seeing the benefits of each color food was eye opening and motivating to make every bite count. So I wanted to share what I could find online. PLUS there is a free virtual health conference, Food Revolution Summit, going on!

Question: When it comes to your fruit and vegetable intake, how intentional are you at consuming the rainbow?
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,174 Member
    Tues
    yes x3
    1/3 pass days used
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    3xyes. Day 13 of Epic II + 4.9km run
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ✅✅✅

1️⃣ Pass Day remaining

I eat lots of fruit/veg daily and have no problem consuming a rainbow.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    yes for 3
    1/3 pass days used
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    April 26th

Exercise: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: yes

3/3 pass days used)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    jjjcat wrote: »
    Tuesday

@StayFITTer I love that rainbow table! I will print this out - thank you!

I am here to explain why I have not been here. I have been and still am sick with a non-Covid virus which has knocked me around completely. My calorie intake has been fine, being sick, but obviously not exercising while still sick. I will be back when I am recovered and able to have normal days.

@jjjcat I have missed you..... I hope that you are getting better.... even if it is slowly. ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    I love this chart as well! Thanks @StayFITTer !! This is definitely worth printing off and keeping! I can't say that I do a very good job of eating the "rainbow", but I do try to get a wide variety of freggies! (Who came up with that word "freggies" are few months ago here in this group - does anyone remember?)

Anyways, terrific opener!!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    26 April
    ✅✅✅
    0 pass days used
    I think Maddie started the freggie term but maybe she knows if it wasn’t her
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,626 Member
    4/26
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 3 walks today, about 11,000 steps
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )

I am very conscious of increasing the diversity of plants in my diet, but not very conscious specifically of color coordination.

My most recent experiment-- eating dandelion leaves. The leaves were more bitter than I would like, but I am dehydrating roots now to make a dandelion tea which has many positive effects for liver health and metabolism.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Yes x3
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,259 Member
    April 26, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (15 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (13 days)

Pass day 7/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    ideas2 wrote: »
    ✅ Exercise: 3 walks today, about 11,000 steps
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )

I am very conscious of increasing the diversity of plants in my diet, but not very conscious specifically of color coordination.

My most recent experiment-- eating dandelion leaves. The leaves were more bitter than I would like, but I am dehydrating roots now to make a dandelion tea which has many positive effects for liver health and metabolism.

Susan!! Oh my, how we do think alike! I went out yesterday and told hubby "oh my! look at all the dandelions!! I want to make some more dandelion wine, and try some leaves in a salad this year too!" I made a gallon of wine a couple of years ago.... it was decent. But I've just never taken the time to try the leaves. I do make tea (both hot and cold) and although it's an acquired taste, I've gotten to where I really like it.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    3x yes