April 25

2»

Replies

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Exercise? Walking 1 hr
    Under calories? No, non-fasting
    Tracked meals? No

I only found this group late into April. So far so good. I'm learning to keep track of my program. I'm also so inspired by you guys. I can't believe the consistency. WTG!!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Monday April 25
    Taxes completed today and I resisted distracting myself with snacks while undertaking the dastardly task. 🌟 Super 60 minute walk after supper with my husband and the pup. 🥰

✅✅✅
    2 pass days used

Today was tax day in my house too! Was thrilled to get the task off my plate... good feeling eh?

Such a good feeling Ashley to get it done! Congratulations to you! @ashleycarole86
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,125 Member
    4/25

Exercise: 111 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 2
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,087 Member
    Happy belated birthday @Caroline_slowandsteady
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Catch-up report April 21 - 25 : ❌❌❌ x 5

(the exercise may or may not have been met at least once, but no logging and almost surely over for all of the above)

Monthly to April 18: 4+ ❌s and stopped counting.
    April 19 => 30 ✅ ✅ ❌❌❌❌❌
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited April 2022
    Exercise: no
    Tracking yes
    Calories at or under no, but not much over
    Pass days all used
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,291 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    Yes for 3
    1/3 pass days used
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,625 Member
    4/25
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    25/04/2022
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, gym and cardio.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    1 pass day taken

@donna25trinity – a thoughtful opening, and thankyou for your honesty and openness about your problems.

I joined UAC after losing weight and maintaining for some time so there hasn’t been a very noticeable health improvement, but I have found the group very supportive through difficult times. The Covid situation has affected the mental health of large numbers of folk, and within this group there are a few of us who have had additional troubles. It’s strange how comforting talking (even virtually, on line) with others can be. One good thing to come out of the pandemic is the attention to mental health, and the greater willingness to be open about struggling with this.

I totally agree with @lesdart180 the support we get from this group is invaluable!!!! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Have you noticed any improvements either big or small in your health?

Such a great opener @donna25trinity and it is inspiring to read the health improvements team members have experienced. 🌷
    • I have been able to stop taking a blood pressure tablet every morning 🎉🎉🎉 I knew something had changed as I was lightheaded if I stood up quickly. Doctor has me continuing to do home monitoring; lightheadedness has subsided.
    • I can now sense when I am hungry and have been able to train myself to pause during my meal then perceive and attend to the signal that I have had sufficient. For me, this is a new and really big change.

Wow @jamcnewman huge wins!!! How awesome! Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    So many health improvements since I began my journey 1/1/16 - began MFP later on.

I will just list 3:

I hiked 1,000’ elev 14,600+ steps today & felt great. This would have been unlikely weighing68-70 lbs more & if I had done it, my lungs would have been burning.

Great labs: from cholesterol to HB A1C to kidney function etc.

my Resting heart rate continues to drop each year & is low. My blood pressure is low.

❎❎❎

I will add that I have had some not great health news this past 6 months, but I know if I was still heavy & not exercising, things would have been so so so much worse.
    #grateful
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited April 2022
    @MadisonMolly2017 -all great health improvements !
  • donna25trinity
    Mon April 25
    Exercise: 40 minutes walking, 40 minutes stretching (both in the morning and the afternoon)
    Tracking: Pre-planned the day but did not update the plan
    Calories: It was my birthday. And there was still matzah bark in the house which I kept eating. And then my family baked me a birthday cake and I went for the mixing bowls as well as the cake. It went beyond fun to kind of disgusting.

Since returning from NYC I have been having pass days but they have been close to success. Yesterday was far from success. I really need to get back on track - all the way back on track - and I am really hoping today is the day I can do that.

@donna25trinity great opener. I can't say that I can really point to any great health gains from UAC or from my weight loss/exercise journey in general (much of which was accomplished pre-UAC). I am generally pretty healthy except for my Hashimoto's thyroiditis - so you could argue that getting back in a healthy weight range has kept me from developing conditions or kept my Hashimoto's from developing as fast. I think the doctors would agree with that - they did advise me to lose weight for years and seem happy I have done so. The exercise program I do (and have been doing for 3 years now) helps me with functional movement and has certainly kept me from injury by things like falling on the stairs or on ice because I am much more able to balance and catch myself when I fall now. But honestly mostly I just feel better in my body and more like myself at this lower weight and when I keep my body moving, and that is my main inspiration to stay here or lose more.

Good for u @Carolineslowandsteady they are huge improvements. Getting the bod moving does wonders for our health. Happy birthday and dnt beat urself up about over indulging. U are aware, u are here and u know wat u need 2 do to get back on track. Xox
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    4/25/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No