πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***MAY 2022 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

enlightenme3
enlightenme3 Posts: 2,417 Member
edited April 2022 in Challenges
πŸ˜€ Welcome all new first timers to this challenge and "Hello again" to those returning for another month, another year, another round. πŸ˜€

I joined back in September of 2021, which was my first month back on MFP. In 7 months, I've lost 36 pounds and use this challenge as motivation to stay on track. It is nice to have a medium-term goal that gets broken down into manageable chunks.

Pick your own goal, check in once per week, and at the very end of the month. Let's keep encouraging each other & staying focused on our individual goals.

You can change the dates to suit you, but try to keep it weekly as it shows off the weekly progress betterπŸ˜€

Pick how you want to weigh as in lbs kg’s or stones

Feel free to copy & paste the chart:

May Start Weight:
May Goal Weight:
Ultimate Goal Weight:

May 1:
May 8:
May 15:
May 22:
May 28:
May 31:

For those unsure how to do your weekly weight input:
When you want to do your weekly update do a search for your original post, copy and paste as a new post in the add post box then you can edit in your new weekly weight. A lot of people also maintain their post in a notes application on their device and just cut and paste into a new post.

It’s not a race go at your on pace, imagine where you could be in 6 months time!πŸ˜€

Best of luck to everyone - have fun! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Remember to bookmark⭐️ this group- makes it easier to find πŸ˜€
Tagged:
Β«13456710

Replies

• amandalyn26
    amandalyn26 Posts: 24 Member
    I would like to join! I am back on MFP after two years and a roughly 30 pound weight gain 😳😒

So we make a new post in this challenge section each weigh in day or do we respond to this post? Thanks!
  • enlightenme3
    I would like to join! I am back on MFP after two years and a roughly 30 pound weight gain 😳😒

So we make a new post in this challenge section each weigh in day or do we respond to this post? Thanks!

Welcome @amandalyn26 - all are welcome and we're happy to have you on this journey! Most people pick a day of the week that they want to record for their weigh-ins and report weekly by responding to this post. Some people like to weigh and respond to the post every day - it is entirely up to you which way you go. I personally use the notes/text edit function and keep a running document to copy and paste into a response once per week. I find that doing it weekly makes it easier for me to have something to shoot for and to see progress.

Wishing you all the best on your healthiness journey!
  • ldyhawk
    ldyhawk Posts: 4 Member
    Looking forward to it!
  • ggaines2004
    ggaines2004 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join this group because I need an accountability partner. I am trying to lose 30lbs.
  • enlightenme3
    Welcome @ggaines2004 ! Glad to have you as part of this challenge!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,087 Member
    Thanks for setting it up again @enlightenme3 ! See you on May 1
  • vickycannon86
    vickycannon86 Posts: 9 Member
    I would like to join this challenge please 😊 I am back after an extended break. Lockdown/covid has not been great for my weight! I have a few stones I would like to shift, preferably before my holiday in September. Good luck on your journeys everyone
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    I'm in! Yay for May 😊
  • enlightenme3
    Welcome back @vickycannon86 , and to a new month for @88AViva and @ashleycarole86 !!!
  • lisabillings2
    lisabillings2 Posts: 12 Member
    I am in for May challenge my goal for May is exercise and healthy keto. I need to lose 25lbs to get back to goal weight of 135 I am currently 160. My weight loss goal for May is to lose 3-5 lbs more is always the ideal but realistic is 3-5. My other goal is to not stomp out my scale when it’s being a jerk lol I am having to replace another scale due to this mornings tantrum lol. Let’s do this all!!!
  • amandalyn26
    I am in for May challenge my goal for May is exercise and healthy keto. I need to lose 25lbs to get back to goal weight of 135 I am currently 160. My weight loss goal for May is to lose 3-5 lbs more is always the ideal but realistic is 3-5. My other goal is to not stomp out my scale when it’s being a jerk lol I am having to replace another scale due to this mornings tantrum lol. Let’s do this all!!!

Wow you sound like me!! My lowest weight was 138 but in the last two years I’ve gained 30 pounds. Would you like to be friends ? I need someone to look at my diary each day and lovingly yell at me if I eat junk haha!
  • amandalyn26

Welcome @amandalyn26 - all are welcome and we're happy to have you on this journey! Most people pick a day of the week that they want to record for their weigh-ins and report weekly by responding to this post. Some people like to weigh and respond to the post every day - it is entirely up to you which way you go. I personally use the notes/text edit function and keep a running document to copy and paste into a response once per week. I find that doing it weekly makes it easier for me to have something to shoot for and to see progress.

Wishing you all the best on your healthiness journey!

Thank you!! β€œSee” you all on Sunday
  • Slamdunk81
    Slamdunk81 Posts: 2 Member
    I would love to join. I have jumped from a uk14 to uk 18 in a year and I get married next year. I will be with you monthly πŸ₯°
  • enlightenme3
    Glad to have you join @Slamdunk81 ! I've used this challenge group along with other groups to "keep my eye on the prize" so to speak. I've been part of the Ultimate Accountability Challenges (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143016-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2022) as well as the Just Give Me 10 Day challenges (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862897/just-give-me-10-days-round-185/p1). The Ultimate Accountability group helps establish or reinforce the core habits of exercising, tracking/logging your food, and staying within whatever calorie goals you set for yourself. The 10-Day challenges help me with a day-to-day feedback of my weight correlated with whatever happened the day before. This particular challenge helps me set a goal in the medium distance that isn't overwhelming. Over the last 7 months, I've managed to lose 38 pounds and get to my goal weight with these challenges.
  • lisabillings2
    lisabillings2 Posts: 12 Member
    @amandalyn26 absolutely I will check your daily logs and you check mine. call me out if I mess up lol and will have your back. Let’s do this.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 389 Member
    I would love to join this group, but I have no idea where to post anything here. Please help.
  • enlightenme3
    I would love to join this group, but I have no idea where to post anything here. Please help.

Welcome @imustloseit1 ! On May 1, just respond to this post with your May start weight, May goal weight and ultimate goal weight. Respond once a week with your weekly weigh-in. You can model post like the one below. If that still doesn't make sense, head on over to April's monthly challenge to check out how others are sharing their data (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860754/april-2022-weight-loss-challenge/p1)

May Start Weight:
    May Goal Weight:
    Ultimate Goal Weight:

May 1:
    May 8:
    May 15:
    May 22:
    May 28:
    May 31:

Best of luck!
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 389 Member
    May Start Weight:
    May Goal Weight:
    Ultimate Goal Weight:

May 1:
    May 8:
    May 15:
    May 22:
    May 28:
    May 31:

Going to do this.
  • amandalyn26
    Hello friends! I know it isn’t may 1st yet, but I am excited to start this challenge. Unless I somehow lose or gain a dramatic. Amount of weight by tomorrow, I feel safe posting this today.

I had my daughter in 2014.
    Beginning in 2016, I really started to take my weight and health seriously and over 2 years lost and maintained about 60 pounds. March 2020, with the pandemic I found myself not moving as much (not going anywhere) and stress/comfort eating. I gained about 30 pounds but I am ready to get back to where I was!

Feel free to add me (In particular I’m looking for mom friends who are also alcohol free, like me! My sobriety date is 11/17/19) if you need a friend to help you stay on track :)

Overall HW : around 200 lbs
    LW (in 2018): 138 lbs

May Start Weight: 168.2 lbs
    May Goal Weight: 165 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight:
    135 lbs

May 1: 168.2
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2022
    May.. I join. :)

May Start Weight: 160.3 lbs *