WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Happy to report that discipline helped me push through when motivation wasn't there tonight. The thing is.. motivation for me isn't always enough to overcome feeling tired, stressed, overwhelmed... but tonight I got on the bike because my internal discipline and drive to achieve got me there.

Guess what? Once I was on, it was GREAT! A longer ride than yesterday and I felt much better for it. The mental benefits of exercise are truly great for me.
    Indeed, discipline works when motivation gives up the ghost. Committing to something, even if you only manage a few minutes, wins every time. Ask a musician! I am rarely motivated to practice - especially when there are no concert dates staring me in the face making me do it or suffer public humiliation. But I practice just about every day, even if it is only for a short time to keep some little things in shape. Once I start, there is always something fascinating about it and I rarely have a day when I am not glad I picked it up and played. There are those few when it just feels horrible and I give up, but at least I played long enough to figure out I was not able to pull it together that day. So yay for discipline - it isn't as terrible as the word sounds. Habit does not sound much better - consistency? perseverance?

Yesterday's snow did not stick much, but it is chilly out there! I have to get out for a walk quick while the sun is shining. Hoping everyone is having a good Thursday :heart:
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    It's a bit cold here today too @jugar. Has been overcast which doesn't help.

I'm walking with a friend after work. We were supposed to run but I've had a hectic week workwise, including today, and I don't think I can face it. I will see if she wants to run in the morning, though, as I do need to test the water.

I have succumbed to a little stress eating this afternoon, but I am going low on the calories for tea and having soup (chillied sweetcorn) rather than a bigger meal. The rest of the evening... I may be productive, but I may just crash on the sofa with my cross stitch!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Cw is back up at 228, got a lot of stress going on at the moment, paired with some health stuff going on and water retention. Erg :(

Hugs to you :heart: that is not a fun time. Take those deep breaths, and you'll make it through.

OK. Wait a minute. I just went to enter your 228 in the spreadsheet. You LOST a pound! Now you can breathe a sigh of relief, at least about that! You'll be back to where you were soon.

Oh yay! I keep fluctuating and it's been very confusing...at least my clothes feel like they've been fitting better lately :)
  • jugar
    The May habit tracker is up and ready for anyone who wants to put in their commitments for next month.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863131/fat2fit-habit-tracker-may-2022#latest

I can't believe it is already time for a new month in a couple of days!
  • jugar
    Friday people! Send me lovely numbers -
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz
    @lexabeep
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01

Better late than never - ready to close out the week?
    @Terytha
    @SatanLuciferJones
    @evangsimmons170
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    @jugar can I be excused from the next two weigh ins?
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 755 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    deniners2 wrote: »
    Ugh! Snacked on a bunch of peanuts today then I snacked at night. Hangs head in shame…

Oh no! :astonished: Well, today you pick up your head and walk past the blankety-blank peanuts. Have a good one!

Well, I finished off the bucket of peanuts today that I bought for staff snacks, so I won’t have to worry about those for tomorrow. 🙄!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    I hope those who are feeling under the weather are on the mend soon.

We had a good walk last night - went to the shopping outlet for a (diet) soft drink, which is about 45 minutes each way. It's nice to head in a different direction, and we passed through the woods on the way past where there was the most incredible carpet of bluebells. I stuck to my soup for tea and, because I'd logged everything, was able to have a chocolate mousse in my calories too, so it felt good to keep the day on track even if there was unplanned snacking in the afternoon.

Ran with my friend this morning - did end up walking quite a bit for breathing reasons and I am going to contact my GP as I struggled to maintain a conversation when running but didn't think the pace warranted that. OH is working 3pm-1am (and will be sleeping until mid/late morning) and I have the afternoon off work, so I plan to do some tasks at home to get them out of the way. Still hoping the plasterers will pop round to quote us, or I'd race off down the allotment!
  • jugar
    @jugar can I be excused from the next two weigh ins?

gotcha
  • jugar
    The May team chat thread is open! Please go an post a new introduction for a new month, and name some of your goals, commitments, and hopes for May:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863343/waistaways-team-chat-may-2022/p1?new=1
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @PlaneMonkey You look absolutely stunning! I knew this already but glad to have it reaffirmed. Boat life is made for you! Our boat is very similar ... you are going to LOVE it! We are at the lake now as of yesterday night.. took a walk down to the water but there is still ice on there. Docks likely to go in around May long... counting down the minutes!!

@micki48 Enjoy Juliet's birthday party!!!
This discussion has been closed.