Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,412 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Build & Burn Cardio Core. Always a favorite one for me to do. Woke up temps in the high 20's. WHAT!!! Working about half a day today, have to pick DH up from the airport. It's a good thing that I'm close, so just need to wait until he has actually landed. :D

Laurel, I can believe that your arms are tired upping the weights on those CTX workouts! I do have to revisit those at some point also. But you are right, I can do those Meltdowns on the one body part, and then do some of the finisher workouts that Kelly has. That would be a great compliment to those workouts. Of course that would mean Meaner Legs would be in the mix. :D I love to hate that workout, because it is so good. While DH was in Vegas he had two people ask him about working for them. One is a consultant, and I think that would be something that he would be interested in. He doesn't just want to stop working, and has been contemplating what he wants to do. He told the owner of this company, that he wants to take the summer off, but would be interested. I'm super glad that he was able to go out to Vegas.

Thelma, Great workouts! I hear you on the weather, just really want spring to start instead of all this cold weather. I too do those push ups on my knees, so don't blame you at all. I'm going to be doing the barre work on Friday, at least that is what I have scheduled so far. ;) Like I told Laurel, DH was offered other job opportunities. For him this is probably good, because he doesn't want to be idle.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,771 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe’s Lower Body Blast DVD. I don’t do this workout enough. Granted, it is full of moves like low-ends, which I don’t like. But it really is a good lower body high rep low weight workout. Anyhow, I followed it with .Cathe Live Cardio Core Circuit.

Thelma, great workouts. I enjoy that Jessica Cardio Ball Blast workout. CTX stands for Cross Train Express, which is a program Cathe put out about 20 years ago. I think there are five DVDs that contain a 30 minute cardio, one upper body segment and a couple of those have core workouts. Then there is one lower body workout called ‘Leaner Legs’ (Laurie calls it Meaner Legs!). And the DVD set comes with a disc that puts all of the upper body workouts in one workout. I think I have maybe done the cardio routines anywhere between 1-5 times. I just don’t like them. But the core work, Leaner Legs and the upper body blend workouts I love….so I hang on to it. Anyhow, what a difference a week has made in our trees! We can’t even see our little baby robins anymore because they have been covered up by leaves. It is so nice to have the green back.

Laurie, great workout. I would so not like to see temps in the 20s right now. I wasn’t happy about the 40s last night here! That is such good news that your DH was approached about job opportunities in Vegas. A consultant position sounds about perfect. Hopefully he can find the right job that allows him to do the things he enjoys while also making him feel useful. Some people just aren’t meant for full retirement, at least not as young as he is. My DH is the same.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Spinning, pilates abs and Gentle Flow Yoga.

We started out at 35 degrees Wednesday morning, but it warmed up nicely into the low 70's.
    We took Chico to see his foster mom and the shelter volunteers at a brewery where they feature a dog available for adoption. This week's featured dog was a smaller version of Chico. They named him Leroy and we're going to adopt him. Poor Leroy is very sociable with humans and dogs. He's had a rough life. We don't really know his story but apparently, he had a bad flea infestation, and his skin is a mess. His fur is a light caramel color but the skin on his back is black and has no fur. He is getting medicated baths twice a week and his fur is starting to grow back. His teeth are bad, and you could tell he was in pain, at times his lips would quiver :( He also has an ear infection and is getting treated for that. He's still intact and will get neutered on Friday. He will also get a dental and the vet thinks all his teeth will have to be removed. He is 7 years old and is being fostered by Chico's foster mom, so I know he is in good hands. We won't be able to take him until he recovers from his surgeries, thank God! We're excited and I of course worry about one of my cats who doesn't like change. I hope she'll be more accepting of Leroy now that she is used to having Chico around.

Laurie, great workout!
    How wonderful that your DH had two job offers while in Vegas! I think it will be good for him to have a job. Hopefully he'll be able to do it part-time. I hope DH is able to keep his job part-time when he retires, which may be next year or 2024.

Laurel, great workout! I did that one recently and those low ends are killers! Cross Train Express! I couldn't remember what it stood for! Thanks!
    Meaner Legs! Too funny! I bet it is a killer!
    Isn't nature wonderful. I am amazed every year how one day you hardly see leaves on the trees and the next they're no longer naked!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Upper Body Finisher (Arms & Shoulders). I loved this one, and felt that I used the right amount of weight. It was a quick one, but we did get in our walk also. DH got home save and sound yesterday, and of course was tired. He had to get up early this morning to take our dd to the airport in Chicago. :D

Laurel, Nice workouts! Our temps where not that great this morning, and of course there was snow. I'm glad that it warmed up a bit for our walk, but still I'm wearing my winter coat. :p DH was downplaying the job offers, but you could tell that he was interested. I know that he would enjoy the consulting type work vs. working at Home Depot.

Thelma, You and your DH are such good people to take in another pup. I absolutely love the name LeRoy. Will he have to eat canned food because he will have no teeth? I just feel so sorry for the conditions that he must have had to deal with in his life. I sure hope that your kitty is okay with adding to your menagerie. Great job with your workout by the way. Nice that your DH is getting closer to retirement also. Funny how all our DH's need that part time work. I already have my retirement planned out for what I want to do. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Muscle Meltdowns for Chest and Back, Icy Core 2, a 30 minute spin and 20 minutes of yoga. I am going to feel these Meltdown workouts for sure. But I really do like them, so it is all good.

So I am thinking about starting the new rotation on June 5. Our current rotation ends on May 20, but DH and I decided to go see his parents the week of the 28th because it is their 65th (!) wedding anniversary on June 1. But if you all want to press on without me, please do. But my plan right now is to do another fun circuit week the week of the 22nd and then whatever I can while we are gone.

So speaking of the new rotation, this is what I have come up with in terms of sequencing. I have not added any additional recovery weeks, so I want you both to look at it and let me know if and where we should add any. I have no problems adding more recovery time, but just couldn’t quite figure out where. So here goes. I have no ‘recommended workouts’ yet….just the weekly focus.

Week 1- Circuits (Total Body Strength)
    Week 2 - Split Sets (High Reps/Light Weight)
    Week 3 - Upper/Lower (Heavier Weight)
    Week 4 - Circuits (Metabolic/Light Weight)
    Week 5 - Push/Pull (Heavy or Light)
    Week 6 - One Body Part (Heavy or Light)
    Week 7 - Band or Body Weight
    Week 8 - Split Sets (Heavier Weight)
    Week 9 - Metabolic (Light Weight)
    Week 10 - Upper/Lower (Heavier Weight)
    Week 11 - Total Body Strength (Heavy or Light)
    Week 11 - Circuits (Upper/Lower)

Let me know what you think.

Thelma, great workouts. Poor little Leroy! That poor pup seems to have had a tough life. How lucky he is to be coming home to you and your DH. I hope all of his surgeries go well and you cat can adapt to a new family member. Nature really is amazing. DH and I were lucky enough to catch sight of one of our little robins trying to leave the nest last night. He flew (wobbly) to branch right outside the nest, looked back into the nest at his brother and flew right back into it. :) Made me smile. But in looking at them this morning, it does look like one has flown the coop. It is amazing how quickly they go from egg to bird.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad your DH made it home safely. DH always talks about going to work for Home Depot or Lowes after he retires but, no doubt, a consulting job would be a better fit for him too! I can’t believe you had snow! I hope that is the last of the season.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Slow Flow Yoga and Fit Split Low Impact Cardio & Metabolic Conditioning.

I found out today that we might not get Leroy because there was another applicant in front of us. I've yet to hear from his adoption counselor.

Laurie, great workout! I am so glad your DH got home safe and sound. I hope your DD made it safely to Chicago too.

We do want another small dog to play with Chico. It has to be one that is OK with cats though. Leroy would have to eat only canned food because of his teeth. I think he might be able to swallow small kibble but the only way I'd give him kibble is if I'd softened it up with warm water.
    It is funny how our DH's will need a job after retirement. I had no problem keeping busy after retirement. Thankfully I don't have to work now.

Laurel, great workouts!
    What a wonderful ide to go visit your DH's parents for their 65th wedding anniversary! My first thought before I read that you wanted to do a circuit week before starting the next rotation was also to do a circuit week. I love circuits too.
    Thank you for working on that rotation! It looks great! I am wondering if we'll need a recovery week. I would think that a recovery week may be needed after week 5 or 6 but week 7 be like a recovery week?

Like I mentioned above, we might not get Leroy. I hope his adoption counselor picks a great home for him.
    Awww! It is such a good experience to watch baby birds starting to fly and leave the nest!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was good on the lower body, and I used ankle weights. I did RAW Hips & Glutes. This workout just flew by.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I like the look of the rotation, and that we can do heavy and or light work when we need to. My brain is already thinking about what I would like to do for some of those weeks. ;) I'm thinking that the week you are gone, I'm going to do a yoga week. I have not done one in quite a while, so that would be a nice break before the new rotation. Glad that you are able to go celebrate the anniversary of your inlaws. My parents will be celebrating that in a couple of years. I'm still surprised that DH and I will be 34 yrs in August.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Even if you don't get LeRoy, I'm sure that there will be a pup out there that will be a perfect playmate for Chico. I'm guess that the cats are not a lot of fun for Chico to play with. :D I'm looking forward to my retirement.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Muscle Meltdowns for Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps and Perfect 30 LI HiiT, Bonus Pyramid and Extended Stretch.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry to hear you may not get Leroy, but as Laurie said, I am sure you will find the right pup to add to your family soon. Yes, my thought was that Week 7 would be more of a recovery week and Week 4 could be as well depending on the workouts chosen. But I am good adding a ‘whatever feels good week’ in between weeks 5 and 6. Those will be two of the most taxing weeks during the rotation, so there is no reason not to split them up.

Laurie, great workout. A yoga week sounds good! I know I will be doing very little activity that week with the long drives and sitting around my in-laws. But I hope to be able to do something in the hotel first thing in the morning. DH and I celebrated 32 years last week. :o That means we have been married longer than my in-laws had been when I met them. That’s just…..crazy.

Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and busy as always! We were expecting rain on Sunday but we barely got a few drops of rain. The weather was just beautiful. Our weather app is predicting rain from Tuesday through Friday. I'll believe it when I see it! LOL

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Spinning and Xtend Barre Pilates.
    Sunday: Gina B 3000 Steps and LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body Only.

I finally heard back from Leroy's adoption counselor. She was decided to postpone Leroy's adoption until he recovers from his surgeries. He had to have all his teeth extracted. Poor little guy! As of Saturday he was doing great and was eating.

Laurie, great workout!
    I hope that we can find a dog that will be perfect for our family, if we can't have Leroy. Chico ignores the cats which is the reason why we adopted him. Our boy cat wanted to snuggle with Chico so bad in the beginning but Chico would freak out so he gave up!
    I'm sure you're looking forward to retirement, especially now that your DH is so close to retiring himself.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! Happy belated anniversary!!
    I see what you meant about weeks 4 and 6 potentially being recovery weeks. I totally agree with that!

We actually still have a chance to get Leroy. If it's meant to be he will join our family.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I can't believe how busy this weekend was, or it was just filled with things to do. We went to his mom's condo to get some paperwork. It turned out to be a little longer than we expected. I went around looking for medications. With the way her minds was working, I was checking all over the place. I opened the breadbox and found a broken wine glass in a ziplock bag. Don't know why that was in the breadbox. We emptied out her freezer, so I now have lots of blueberries and strawberries. DH now wants a blueberry pie. :D On Sunday I had a hair appointment with my dd, so that ate up quite a bit of my day. We had torrential rain on Saturday, and misty on Sunday. Can I have another weekend starting today? :D

This morning's workout was a good one, and I went heavy. 30MTF Muscle Up Workout 1 and RAW Cardio Finisher. Good combination.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! Happy belated Anniversary. I'm sure that you will be doing as much as you can while you are traveling to get some activity. Even if it is a walk. Isn't it crazy how the time flies by. DH and I where just talking about that this weekend. Of course his references are always about did I know you when I was doing this on my car? :D When I met him, he was all about his car.

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! We had a lot of rain this last week, so I'm really glad that I'm seeing sun out the window right now. LeRoy sounds like he is one tough guy, getting through those surgeries and already getting his food intake despite no teeth.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was busy. Despite the forecast for rain, it was beautiful both days so we did a lot of work on the yard. It is taking some encouragement this year, but we are not alone. Our neighbors are all complaining about the grass, so it had to be something with the winter. But it felt good to be outside both days.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 40 minute Jessica Smith walk and 45 minutes of yoga flow. Yesterday was Cathe Live Wicked Lower Body and Core followed by Cathe Live Hit, Jump and Jab. Today was Cathe Live Wicked Upper Body followed by a 30 minute spin.

Thelma, great workouts. Like you, we had no rain despite the forecast. We’ll see if we get any this week. I hope so, to be honest. I am glad Leroy is doing well post-surgery. I think it probably makes sense to hold off on an adoption until after he is healed. Poor guy is going through a lot right now.

Laurie, I felt like you last night with the weekend. Where did it go? It sounds like an interesting visit to your MILs condo, and I don’t blame your DH for a second in wanting blueberry pie! That’s my favorite. Great workout this morning!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were YinYasa Yoga, Gina B. Low Impact Cardio and Body Blast Supersets-Lower Body Blast.

Laurie, that was a packed weekend, no wonder you need another one! Strange about the broken wine glass. I'm sure you'll find more strange things too.
    Great workout!

You need to send us some of the rain you got! Leroy is really a tough guy. I got an update on him today and he is still doing well.

Laurel, sounds like we had the same forecast over the weekend! Good job doing all that yard work!
    Great workouts!
    We are also hoping for some rain this week. Leroy is going through a lot but at least he has a home, a warm bed and food.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Meltdown Boxing + RAW Ab Circuit. I had plenty of time this morning, since there is a steady cold rain. We didn't go for our walk, but I did see one crazy person walking her dog this morning. I don't mind walking in the rain, but this one is cold and blowing.

Laurel, Glad that the weather was so nice this weekend. Great job with all the workouts! I don't know when we will be getting a chance to work in the yard, this rain just seems to be hanging around us. Our lawn just keeps getting longer and longer. :D Now that the idea of the pie is in my head, I'm wanting some too. Of course I need to get some ice cream, because DH can't have his pie without that. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! You can for sure have some of this rain. I know that we need it, because our winter was so mild with snow. Oh well it better bring some beautiful May flowers. :D Glad to hear that LeRoy is doing so well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live 2019 Road Trip Leg Day followed by the cardio and core work from 4DS Kickboxing. Seems I am having another week of kickboxing workouts! I like these weeks. :D

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad Leroy is doing so well. I love that you are getting updates on him. We had a storm through last night but, sadly, while it poured on much of the city, it skipped us. I am still hoping for rain this week though.

Laurie, sounds like a fun workout. Like you, I don’t mind walking in the rain at all unless it is a cold rain. I think you chose wisely staying in. I never used to eat pie with ice cream, but DH has at long last convinced me it is actually better with ice cream. I still don’t eat it with much, but just a little is perfect. So thank you for having me crave pie and ice cream now!! :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Jessica Smith Interval Training and Xtend Barre Signature.

Great news! Leroy will be ours! We are going to change his name to Louie, and we're picking him up at the shelter on Thursday afternoon. We could've picked him up on Wednesday but we aren't ready. We need to buy a few things. The first applicant decided she didn't want him because she was still mourning her dog's death.

We got a little rain tonight. I would say it was no more than a passing shower. We may get rain in the afternoon.

Laurie, great workout! That rain sounds nasty! Good idea to skip the walk.
    I hope May will bring you pretty flowers too.

Laurel, great workouts!

I am so glad Louie (Leroy) is doing better. Tonight I was finally able to ask more questions about him. We will have to continue giving him his antibiotics until they run out. We don't know how long that is for yet.

The rain we got tonight was nothing, but hopefully we will get real rain later on.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We had temps in the mid 30's this morning. Our neighbor was outside when we where walking, and he said that this is the coldest spring on record. :( My workout this morning was 30MTF Muscle Up W2 + Raw Stretch Finisher. Felt great and I went heavy, but probably could have gone heavier with the leg work. Next time...

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! I always have a kickboxing week. :D I don't know why they are my favorite cardio, but it gets me moving so all is good. Sorry to hear that I had you craving that pie and ice cream. Yep just a little bit of that makes the pie so good. I have Monday off next week, I'm taking 3 days off for the funeral. Just in case that we need to be running around for things. I also have to make some type of bar for the funeral lunch. I will probably add in a pie, just to give DH a boost for the week.

Thelma, So happy to hear that Louie will be yours! I'm sure that it was a tough decision for the other applicant, but if she isn't ready for a new dog then that is a good choice. Nice job with your workouts! The sun is shining again this morning, but that could change like it did yesterday. If it is nice out, I will be walking our yard to see what is starting to bloom.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited May 2022
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s Pyramid Upper Body from the Intensity Series and a 45 minute spin. I felt really strong today on both workouts. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. And yay for Louie!!! I am so happy he is going to find a home with you. You will be the best parents for him as he recovers and finds a new life. Such good news.

Laurie, great workout. But the coldest spring on record? Those are the kind of records I don’t like being a part of. I hope your weather changes soon. We are unusually warm and dry here with temps going into the 90s next week. I am not quite sure I am ready for that yet, but I rather that than cold. Sounds like a good choice to take a few days off for the funeral. There always seems to be more to do than expected.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited May 2022
    Hi Ladies, we picked up Louie today instead of on Thursday. We were asked if we could pick him up today and so we did. It was kind of stressful because all of a sudden we had to get everything ready for Louie and get ready to go get him.

Chico is a little jealous but he is doing much better. The cats were great and weren't upset at all.
    Sadly, Louie's tongue is already starting to stick out due to the lack of teeth. He made himself right at home and took over Chico's bed and blanket! LOL. Chico followed him Here is a picture of the boys. Louie is on the left. You can see the black part on his back. That's actually his skin. He is looking so much better and has a very healthy appetite.

irpk1oajdep7.jpg

My workouts didn't go as planned needless to say. We felt like we'd ran a marathon at the end of the day. I did Gentle Yoga and a spin class.

The 70% chance of rain predicted for today turned into 0%. Unbelievable! 10% is expected for Thursday and 100% on Friday.

Laurie, I can't believe it got so cold there! Great workouts!
    I think we all love those kickboxing workouts. They're so much fun!
    How nice that you'll have a long weekend. The funeral is the following week right?

I'm sure it was difficult for the other applicant to not adopt Louie. Hopefully, she'll feel ready to open up her heart and her home to a shelter dog soon.

Laurel, great workouts!! Yaay! On feeling strong!

We hope to be the best of parents to little Louie. He just fits so well here. He is the sweetest little thing. Thanks so much!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 2022
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Floorwork, and I actually enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of this type of workout, but Kelly made it a good one. I can really feel my butt and core right now. Well we had frost on our lawn this morning. :p

Laurel, Great workouts! Can't even imagine temperatures in the 90's right now, since we are still having to wear winter coats for our walks. :D Since my employer gives us 5 days off for a funeral, I decided to take three days. This will give us time to decompress.

Thelma, Oh my goodness, those two are so cute. I'm sure that Chico and Louie will be best buds over time. My Grandmother's Chihuahua looked very much like Chico. I have to say that your cats are awesome to just ignore the dogs. Great job with your yoga, I'm sure that is was somewhat of a stress reliver just to do that. Yes the funeral is on Tuesday, but we don't know when the internment will be yet. Her remains are going to be put in the same niche with DH's dads remains. He is at the military cemetery, and they have not indicated when that can happen yet.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I decided at the last minute to workout with Cathe live this morning. She was doing a workout called Strong Glutes and Thighs, and since I had lower body planned, I decided to give it a try. About 50 minutes in when she was brutalizing us with floor work and fabric bands, I started questioning my life choices. :D Needless to say, it was a good workout. I followed it with a short Cathe Live Boxing HiiT Express, which was perfect after the long lower body class.

Thelma, what a sweet looking pup!! I am glad the cats are doing well and, no doubt, Chico will as well. I don’t blame you for a minute not being able to get in your planned workout after that. Great job with the yoga and spin. That is way more than I would have been able to do for sure.

Laurie, great workout. It is always fun to discover a tolerable floor work workout! I am gaining more patience with floor work, but there are days when I just….can’t. I hope everything goes well next week with the funeral.

I won’t be back until Tuesday because my sister and BIL are coming to visit!! I am so excited to have them here. So until next week!

Laurel