Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited April 2022
    @CupcakeCrusoe IF you decide to go free, what I do with recipes is weigh the recipe and put the #of servings at ounces. That way, if said recipe is x number of calories y number of ounces - every serving is an ounce and I put that in when I log it. I bet it confuses people when they look at how many servings of chili I eat "12 servings of chili" boy that lady must have been HUNGRY!! lols!

I know, I do that, too, especially with bread, when I'm making a recipe on MFP. But this does that automatically, without me making it separate servings! I put in six servings, and it was like "that's 290 grams each" or whatever. My mind was blown, lol.

eta: it is a good trick, though, and worth posting about for those that don't know.

While I'm here @goal06082021 I haven't heard a lot of these metaphors. I might have to find this book, it sounds really interesting.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    There are 12 ingredients in my quinoa bowl for lunch this week (quinoa, beef broth, turkey kielbasa, feta, craisins, asparagus, peas, zucchini, canola oil, olive oil, mustard, white wine vinegar)
    Sounds super yummy!

• CupcakeCrusoe
    While doing more research to see if I wanted to pay for MacroFactor, I found a spreadsheet that Spreadsheet Gang in here might be verrrry interested in:

The blank TDEE spreadsheet that the OP talks about in this thread seems really good. Thought people might want to play with it. :wink:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10639284/down-eight-pounds-in-seven-weeks-sharing-my-tdee-spreadsheet
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    Morning everyone!

@KeriA it looks like more good outweighs your bad and its good to focus on that! I hope today will be an even better day for you. Hopefully your mother in law isn't reading your mind. Haha..

@kenziestabes I fear that this will be a bad month for me even though I just started. I have Mother's Day, my Birthday, and Our Anniversary. Hopefully those three days won't be as bad as I fear. I'm glad your back to your March weight!

@justanotherloser007 My husband the quiet only child who is a mama's boy. However, I don't mind that because his Mom is pretty awesome. In fact she takes up the mom role for me more often then my own mother...but that's because my mom is pretty albescent in my life. Also, cleaning the stovetop is the bane of my existence. Sometimes I think I need a drill or a torch to get that thing clean. I question how my husband cooks to get so much crap on there.

@bonniemcc4 Goodluck at you appointment! Hope it went well.

@goal06082021 Glad she could be reasoned with cheeze its.

@porquenoirl I get that. Sometimes I just want to throw my scale out the window. A podcast I listen to talks about how much certain parts of your body weights. For example your hair weights x amount and your skin x. So when you weight you just subtract those. Obviously that's not how it works but it is an entertaining through.

@CupcakeCrusoe Congrats on holding strong! I'll have to look into MacroFactor... I really do wish the App wasn't broken but its good to find something different to help. Will you still have access to MFP community with the free site? Such a hard choice.

• CupcakeCrusoe

@CupcakeCrusoe Congrats on holding strong! I'll have to look into MacroFactor... I really do wish the App wasn't broken but its good to find something different to help. Will you still have access to MFP community with the free site? Such a hard choice.

The community is free, so you don't have to worry about that.

The background to my looking into paying for an app is, I'm trying to calorie cycle: eating fewer calories monday- Thursday to have a few more on the weekend and keep a deficit. That feature is MFP premium only.

It's also something macrofactor does, along with some other features, so that's where that's coming from.

But! You don't necessarily need the app to tell you a calorie limit, you could just keep it in mind or adjust every day if you wanted to keep using MFP for it without paying.

My whole dilemma is if I want to throw money to get some neat features, lol, but it's not anything I couldn't do for free with a few more steps.

• biohazardinc

The community is free, so you don't have to worry about that.

The background to my looking into paying for an app is, I'm trying to calorie cycle: eating fewer calories monday- Thursday to have a few more on the weekend and keep a deficit. That feature is MFP premium only.

It's also something macrofactor does, along with some other features, so that's where that's coming from.

But! You don't necessarily need the app to tell you a calorie limit, you could just keep it in mind or adjust every day if you wanted to keep using MFP for it without paying.

My whole dilemma is if I want to throw money to get some neat features, lol, but it's not anything I couldn't do for free with a few more steps.

I guess I haven't looked at all the paid feature on MFP. However, having more or "cheat days" on the weekend was one of the things I loved about WW. I used very little points during the week then at the weekend I might eat more. I'll have to look into doing this on MFP or even MacroFactor because I do end most of my days with a deficit.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    While doing more research to see if I wanted to pay for MacroFactor, I found a spreadsheet that Spreadsheet Gang in here might be verrrry interested in:

The blank TDEE spreadsheet that the OP talks about in this thread seems really good. Thought people might want to play with it. :wink:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10639284/down-eight-pounds-in-seven-weeks-sharing-my-tdee-spreadsheet

That's the spreadsheet I use! It helped me re-set my calories after MFP put them wayyy too low and helped me understand maintenance-ish the past 2 week. I love it!
  • rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    @biohazardinc - I'll have to check out that band. I've been listening to Black Keys, Cake, Rival Sons (to name a few :smile: ) all day today

@CupcakeCrusoe - I hope it turned out good for you!

I still have not gotten myself to meal prep or get back out of vacation food mode. Ugh. I did better today & have plans of cooking tonight when I get home. I've just been so exhausted since returning. And playing catch up at work hasn't helped any. I had a meeting yesterday out of town, so that didn't help either.

It's driving me nuts that I can't upload a new recipe into the recipe builder right now. I want to plan my dinner & I'm stuck. I know it's temporary & will be back up & running soon, but I'm just being whiny.
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    @seltzer_lover I got bored, so I made it pretty and added it as a tab to my other weight loss spreadsheet with the averaging graph. :smiley:

38hfmlg8u65c.png

Omg that's a thing of beauty 🤩
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW Apr 2022: 184.6
    GW this month: 179
    Goal for 2022: reach maintenance (160-170?)

4/7/22 - 182.0 (-2.6lbs)
    4/14/22 - 184.0 (+2lbs)
    4/21/22 - 180.6 (-3.4lbs)
    4/28/22 - 183.6 (+3lbs)

April Loss: 1lb
    LTD: 87.5 lbs

So frustrating! I suspect this is TOM related water weight but still a bit of a letdown to see on the scale. I guess I will be thankful that I had an overall loss this month and that I am still trending in the right direction.

NSV last week: I was shopping around for a dress and found a few I liked but they only had up to a size 8. The sales lady came over to help me and I told her I think I needed a 10 or 12. Her response "I think you would fit in the 8, why don't you try it on." I tried both dresses in an 8 and they both FIT! I may never get to an 8 in pants (because hips) but it was pretty neat to fit in an 8 dress.

🙌💃
  • justanotherloser007
    but it's not anything I couldn't do for free with a few more steps.

Fun with TDEE spreadsheets!! I will do this, as I have some information from the past couple of months!! woo hoo!!
  • justanotherloser007
    "I think you would fit in the 8, why don't you try it on." I tried both dresses in an 8 and they both FIT! I may never get to an 8 in pants (because hips) but it was pretty neat to fit in an 8 dress.
    Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome!! I also feel you on the hips. I remember literally splitting jeans in the hip area when I turned 13, and I never fit into one of those "tiny" hip numbers again. Which is fine. Because curves and what not.

• biohazardinc
    @rockitwell86 I do highly recommend them!

I’m kinda bad a meal prepping. I hope to get better. And yeah the brokenness of the app is frustrating. Especially since I’m on the free trial.

@sandielewis2001 i dream of single dodgers. But I think a more realistic goal for me is 0 at torrid. Congrats though.

@justanotherloser007 I hear that although it’s not my hips it’s my chest I’ve been cursed with.

@Generic_Excuse congrats on meeting alot of your April goals! Nice work!👏🏻👏🏻

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I have Hoshimoto’s but just found out aft a year my levels are actually good.

• Cluelessmama1979
    Cluelessmama1979 Posts: 129 Member
    Really want to reply to everyone... lots happening!

But I have no spoons left. Had to go shopping today, and it takes a LOT out of me.

Highlights:

Weight still going down. :smile:

Did NOT "reward" myself with fast food. I haven't gone shopping without using fast food as a reward in years. :smile:

DID reward myself with a Mtn Dew, breaking my streak of days without. :frowning:

Got my own bags into the car, instead of my worker doing it for me. :smile:

Bought a food processor :smile:

Stayed in budget :smile:

Didn't do any small movements, but I did shopping, so that's okay. :neutral:

Not sure when/if/what I will be able to move again. :confounded:

I will try to check in tomorrow if I can move lol

Stay strong yall are doing great!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

Friday weigh in day!

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150

April GOALS! 🌻

🟨 Log every food in grams. ✅
    🟨 Get 7k steps every day, no excuses ✅
    🟨 Lift weights 3x week❌
    🟨 More than 100g protein every day ❌

Weigh-ins:
    4/1: 193.4
    4/8: 193.4
    4/15: 192.4 (-1)
    4/22: 193.0 (+0.6)
    4/29: 189.4 (-2.6)

I will be away from home tomorrow, so I won't be able to do a final April weigh in, so we're calling this it. Not bad, 3 lbs in a month where I maintained for 10 days. That's good progress right there.

Slacking on lifting, and didn't get my protein target Monday because of that stomach bug, but very happy with my weight staying, instead of shooting back up.

Still torn about whether I want to pay money to log food, lol. I'm a libra, indecision comes with the territory. But $6 a month might be worth it. We'll see.

Tag party!
    @sandielewis2001 OMG :smiley::heart: this is wonderful! What a great feeling!

@rockitwell86 I hope all the functionality is back or comes back very soon. Pushing changes to production without rolling back when it doesn't work, that's not good practice. It's going to be the weekend soon, and you can reset for next week!

@justanotherloser007 Do it, do it! :smile: It always makes me happy to see a new spreadsheet I can play with. :lol:

@Generic_Excuse You've lost a lot of weight! And drastically reduced your sodium, to a level not many people are capable of. I would say many more ups than downs this month. Well done.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I'm so happy to hear this. :smile:

@Cluelessmama1979 That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you, that you were able to accomplish so much toward your goals today! I hope you have more spoons today, and that you are able to do your movements.

Happy Friday, everyone!

weight.png