Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, it was a lot of work to get through those emails lol. Yes, that meal prep is saving me this week! I was stressed last night from a challenging day + traffic mess and I would not have wanted to cook last night. Luckily, dinner was done! The only thing I have to cook is slow cooker lasagna tomorrow. I'm so glad I did that meal prep! Poor Joe! I hope he can go. Good luck with sticking to your goals, you've got this! Mind over matter.

@laurelfit57 Oh man, what a mess! I'm glad you got access. What a great NSV to be able to get rid of so many clothes! Welcome back!

@Cornanda Yeeees, it was terrible to have so many emails on my return! The meal prep is saving me this week. ;) Good luck with the rest of your guest prep. Enjoy your visit!

Hi all. Yesterday was so stressful at work and then on the way home, traffic was terrible it took 40 minutes longer than it should have taken to get home. It was one of those days that we would normally end up ordering pizza delivery but luckily, I did meal prep on Sunday and we ate a healthy dinner instead! :D I've stayed within my healthy eating zone at WW 4 days so far this week (my week begins on Saturdays) so that is really good and much better than I usually do.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    Well, I got back on that sit-up machine yesterday and my back hurts this morning. I thought I could keep it in my workout but have decided to take it completely out. Lesson learned.
    Another busy day planned but I'll be spending it with my honey so that makes it so much better. We're taking a road trip today. <3

Let's go get it y'all!! B)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135
    CW: 135
    Yep, I’m in the same boat with Fitbit syncing incorrectly for the last 4-5 days. I had days when it synced in the morning at 1k steps and couldn’t get it to read again at night although I got to 15k. Today is the day when they’ll fix it, and I can’t wait . I know I can stay on track and calculate abacus-style, but I don’t like it. I’m on 1000+ days strake and this old dog doesn’t want the old tricks😉.

What did I do lately- a very dear friend passed, underrate for a week, overate the next, deep cleaned the house to an almost funny detail, closed my door at work and dived in. On the flip side I painted my toes a deep red and had my best friends over for a fancy dinner for no reason.
    New month, right?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @laurelfit57 Welcome back! I’m so happy that the issue got fixed. And yayyy for cleaning out your closets and drawers of all those clothes that you don’t need anymore. You have done so well! :)

@Cornanda you just enjoy your company and don’t worry about what you are or are not doing. You are busy and will get back on track once your visit is over. <3

@trooworld That is so great that because you had meal prepped you didn’t need to give in to something easy that would have left you upset. I think the more accomplishments we can continually rack up the better we are going to be at sticking with our goals. Yayyy for staying in the eating in your health zone! B)

@askewcr Be very careful with those machines at the gym! I once overdid the abductor machine and suffered for years because of it. :/

@GabiV125 I used to get so mad when my Fitbit wouldn’t sync. I hope it starts working for you soon. You had a lot going on lately so be kind to yourself. I love a new month!! What changes are you planning on doing in May that you didn’t do in April? :)

Hi Team! Well, the urologist put the cath back on Joe because while he can go he can’t fully eliminate his bladder. We are bummed, to say the least, but will see what happens when we return in four weeks. Tomorrow we meet with his oncologist to see what our next step is. I’m really praying that we will see an end to the cancer issue. We need a break! :/ I had a good day at work and fasted for 21 ½ hours until I finally broke it with a cup of coffee and ½ scoop of protein powder. I said NO to my inner Pig when she tried to get me to eat some cookies at work. I actually took a moment to reflect on what eating them would do to me and realized that it was so NOT worth that moment of taste to feel angry and disappointed that I broke one of my rules. So, a huge win and another sticker in my planner. :grin: I also told the staff today that I am stepping down from serving in the children’s ministry and will be taking over the senior adult ministry. The woman who has been doing it is moving next month and there would be a huge hole left in our church without someone willing to pick up this ministry. This is a big step for me, but I think it will end up being a good one. It will also help Joe to feel more relevant now that he has stepped down from the head of finance. He loves our church and whatever we can do to keep him engaged is worth doing. Plus, I really do love old people as much as I love little people. They are can quite similar you know? ;):D
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Username: holly2e
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 130.7
    CW (Current Weight): 131.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    The May habit tracker is up and ready for anyone who wants to put in their commitments for next month. Give it a try if you want one more way to stay on track :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863131/fat2fit-habit-tracker-may-2022#latest

I can't believe it is already time for a new month in a couple of days!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    @Cornanda thanks Lisa, it’s great to be back, I missed you too! It is so satisfying to actually go through everything and just decide, for the last time what to keep and what to get rid of! You will get there soon enough!

@trooworld UGH an extra 40 minutes in traffic would have had me pulling my hair out! So glad you had all that meal prep done, what a lifesaver! That is fantastic that you have been in your healthy eating zone with WW for four days already! What a payoff it is going to be for you :-).

@askewcr some of those machines at the gym… Not a good thing! It’s really good to know what works for you and what doesn’t.

@GabiV125 it is so frustrating when Fitbit is not working correctly! Glad you’re getting it fixed :-). Tracking manually is for the birds.

@TeresaW2020 I am so sorry that poor Joe has to have that catheter in for another four weeks. Poor guy! Good for you for keeping on your plan, you are amazing! That is wonderful that you are taking over the senior adult ministry, years ago I used to be a nurse and did a lot of work with the elderly. So much wisdom there! I am very glad that it is going to be helpful for Joe as well❤️

I had a pretty busy day today. Got in two classes at the gym, a spin class then the power barbell class. I am feeling really good afterwards and I can actually stay awake in the evening now after doing those classes back to back lol! Then we went to a celebration of life for my childhood friend. There were people there that I had not seen in over 40 -50 years, it made me feel old🤣🤣🤣. I never mind being my age, I think I’m more surprised about it. Anyway, it was wonderful to see people that I hadn’t seen since I was a child, we shared many good memories and laughs!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Hi gang, site's about to go down so I'm rushing here!

@trooworld Thank you for the recipe, I saved it and don't have most the ingredients but it's things I love so I'll definitely try it!

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with Joe's appointment, hope it's good news!

Did my workout, replanted artichokes, gardened, and did more spring cleaning, not much else going on. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi MS...You have another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @judiasverdes :)
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

Username: davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:225.9
    CW:221.5

I got rid of the cheat day and nice weather helps so much B)
  • trooworld
    @askewcr I'm sorry about your back. Enjoy your road trip!

@GabiV125 I'm very sorry about your friend. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nice meal with friends. I am looking forward to a new month.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, and I surely would have been mad at myself. Thank you! You do need a break and I hope you get good news today. That's so impressive that you stopped and thought about how you would feel if you ate those cookies. Congrats on your new position at the church, you really are a "Jill of all trades"!

@laurelfit57 It totally had me so frustrated and mad! I think it will pay off. Thanks. You had a great day at the gym yesterday, woo hoo! I'm sorry for your loss but glad something good came out of meeting up with your old childhood friends.

@Katmary71 You are welcome! Have a great Friday!

@davidji82 Woo hoo! What a great loss. Congrats!

Hi all. I had another good day yesterday despite having bad stomach pains in the afternoon. I earned another WW blue dot (stayed within my healthy eating zone). I've decided to go back to daily weighing (and report it officially on Saturdays). This morning, I was down to 230.0 lbs, almost to a new decade! I am having a healthy version of lasagna for dinner so I don't expect a loss tomorrow but who knows? I can't control the scale but I can control my behaviors.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - Hooray for blue dots! Boo for bad traffic. I hope your scale is down tomorrow. If not, you know that you put in a good effort this week.

@askewcr - hope you enjoyed that road trip!

@GabiV125 - I'm sorry about your friend. The eclectic activities that you are doing to deal with it made me smile. Hugs to you.

@TeresaW1020 - :( on the cath. Hope you got good news at the oncologist. You are absolutely killing it on working your plan. I hope you enjoy your new role at the church.

@laurelfit57 - wow two exercise classes and a celebration of life. What a fulfilling day for you!

Guest arrive tomorrow! I'm excited!

Lisa
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursdays

Hello everyone and thanks for adding me onto the team. I joined this group hoping it would help me be more accountable to my fitness goals so that I can see lasting change. I tend to do well exercising/healthy eating for 2-3 weeks, and then crash and binge eat cookies or cheese, regaining whatever weight I lost...so frustrating. Hoping to one day make it to my target weight of 130 and maintaining it. I look forward to the challenges and hearing more about everyone else's progress.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    @laurelfit57 Welcome back! I’m so happy that the issue got fixed. And yayyy for cleaning out your closets and drawers of all those clothes that you don’t need anymore. You have done so well! :)

@Cornanda you just enjoy your company and don’t worry about what you are or are not doing. You are busy and will get back on track once your visit is over. <3

@trooworld That is so great that because you had meal prepped you didn’t need to give in to something easy that would have left you upset. I think the more accomplishments we can continually rack up the better we are going to be at sticking with our goals. Yayyy for staying in the eating in your health zone! B)

@askewcr Be very careful with those machines at the gym! I once overdid the abductor machine and suffered for years because of it. :/

@GabiV125 I used to get so mad when my Fitbit wouldn’t sync. I hope it starts working for you soon. You had a lot going on lately so be kind to yourself. I love a new month!! What changes are you planning on doing in May that you didn’t do in April? :)

Hi Team! Well, the urologist put the cath back on Joe because while he can go he can’t fully eliminate his bladder. We are bummed, to say the least, but will see what happens when we return in four weeks. Tomorrow we meet with his oncologist to see what our next step is. I’m really praying that we will see an end to the cancer issue. We need a break! :/ I had a good day at work and fasted for 21 ½ hours until I finally broke it with a cup of coffee and ½ scoop of protein powder. I said NO to my inner Pig when she tried to get me to eat some cookies at work. I actually took a moment to reflect on what eating them would do to me and realized that it was so NOT worth that moment of taste to feel angry and disappointed that I broke one of my rules. So, a huge win and another sticker in my planner. :grin: I also told the staff today that I am stepping down from serving in the children’s ministry and will be taking over the senior adult ministry. The woman who has been doing it is moving next month and there would be a huge hole left in our church without someone willing to pick up this ministry. This is a big step for me, but I think it will end up being a good one. It will also help Joe to feel more relevant now that he has stepped down from the head of finance. He loves our church and whatever we can do to keep him engaged is worth doing. Plus, I really do love old people as much as I love little people. They are can quite similar you know? ;):D

I’m so sorry about Joe 😢. Mine is not cancer related but I also have bladder problems. I’m not sure if men can use one or not but I use an intermittent catheter so I just do it myself when I go for a wee then take it out again so that it’s not uncomfortable all day. I’m sure your urologist knows what he’s doing but maybe just ask about it 🤷‍♀️
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight 258.5
    PW:253
    CW:252.5 B)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@laurelfit57 I am excited about the senior adult ministry and at the same time going, “what the heck did I just do!” :grin: But I do think it will be great and a way that I can serve my church and not let these wonderful people become forgotten. I’m glad that you were able to connect with people you haven’t seen in so many years. I imagine that you received many compliments on how great you look! :)

@trooworld I’ve said it before but you are rocking it lately with your new determination to stay in your healthy eating zone. Yayyy for getting into a new decade! Yes, if you weigh every day, you will see fluctuations. Just take it as data and only record it once a week. What do you think caused your stomach pains? I hope you have a wonderful weekend! <3

@Cornanda How long are your guests staying? I hope you enjoy every minute! Yayyy on our weight loss this week. B)

@judiasverdes Welcome to the team! This is a great group for support and accountability. Many of us, myself especially, suffer from binge eating. It’s something I’m very much working on right now so you will see me posting about it a lot and the book called Never Binge Again that is changing my life! :)

@amioc We were just talking yesterday about intermittent catheters and Joe plans to do some research on it today. I think it would give him so much more freedom and not feel like he is sick because there is a bag strapped to his leg. :/

Good morning, Team! It’s a beautiful day and I have a huge to-do list. Including cleaning up the screen porch from all the pollen. I am excited to get back out there and enjoy this beautiful weather! Joe and I went to see the oncologist yesterday and he’s pleased with how well Joe did with the chemo treatments. Joe will have a CT scan at the end of May to see what’s going on. There is a huge percentage that his cancer could come back, but Joe won’t have chemo again. He has a DNA mutation that will respond very well to a new medication that is taken in pill form. Of course, we are praying that cancer won’t come back!
    I’m excited for a new month and working on my goals. April was a good month for me as I restarted intermittent fasting and found the Never Binge Again book. My weight is coming down and I’m determined to keep that trend going! OK, I'm off to work out and get this day started. :)
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 233.6
    CW: 230.6

• trooworld
    @Cornanda Thank you! The scale rewarded me, luckily. :D Enjoy your guests and congrats on the loss!

@judiasverdes Welcome to the team! I tend to do what you do, do well for some of the week and then crash and burn. What has been helping me lately is to meal prep on Sundays including cutting up fruit and making sure I have healthy snacks around. Let us know if we can help you with anything! :D

@askewcr Congrats on the loss, yeah!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I didn't get into a new decade but I was close. I will be there soon! I think the stomach pains were from a 24-hour bug or something. I'm so glad I feel better! That's great that Joe has that DNA mutation that will respond well to the medication, should he need it. YOU are rocking it, too! I'm so happy for you. Have a great weekend, too!

Hi all. I'm VERY happy that the scale decided to reward me today with a 3 lb loss. I've been working hard and wanted positive feedback from that little contraption lol. I have a work potluck party tonight to go to. I plan to eat some fruit before I go so I don't go bananas on the food. I'm bringing ham and cheese sliders, which is something everyone usually loves. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.