WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited April 2022
    Tracey - Can you make a trip to see one/some of the friends? For our reunion, one flew down from Scotland and one travelled from York. It's our first in-person reunion since covid. 'Life is not a dress-rehearsal' and time rushes on. We do a Zoom chat for all four together every two weeks. I see G regularly.
    Money is always an issue, and it is for me, but you could get people to club together for a birthday present, or sell something. Have a 'friend' fund. There is always a way. When I did the 'Leadership' course in 1990, that was one thing I learnt, there us no such thing as impossible. Completely impoverished people flew on Concorde or swam with dolphins. I wrote, directed, hired a theatre and put on a play, with no money.
    Good luck! :D<3 You know what they say, "No one, on their deathbed, says, 'I wish I'd spent more time in the office'!!!"

Much love to all. Going to do my exercises and have a quiet day. 'Reculer pour mieux sauter.'

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Wednesday: readings, BP, steps >7400 .Thursday: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, CI<CO, CI<250<CO
    Bonus: Wednesday: Wal~Mart, Trader Joe’s, Natural Grocers, Freddies’, eye dr., called shelter to postpone nail trims a month. Thursday: 33 mins vacuuming, four loads laundry, veg prep, typed hymns,
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: Wednesday 143.7, H20x3, active 4:57
    Thursday 142.4, H204, active 4:07
    Active April
    27: Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil.
    28: Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat

For the first time I had trouble driving after having my eyes dilated. Blurry vision, stinging/tearing eyes, blinded by the light. Persisted four plus hours through late lunch and all the way home from Medford. Next time I’ll schedule an overnight stay, but couldn’t as Joe had a DDS appointment today. Poor Joe, his rearmost molar, already root canaled, has cracked. DDS recommends extraction, which he does not do (?!?). Joe will have to go to Grants’ pass. [sigh]

Ridiculous CI over CO on my trip. Dutch Bros muffin top @ 540 per serving, whoops, two servings per package!?! :rage:
    Ironically scale down this morning, but know the truth will out tomorrow. :P

Beth :laugh: if only it were that easy! I’d have a houseful of new scales ;)
    Pip poor Yogi! Brava for extra beach time. ((hugs)) to you and Kirby and prayers for a favorable dX. Wave at us as you pass through Curry County. You are the poster child for the amazingly fast healing benefits of fitness. Very well done!
    Katla how often do you change the nectar? Joe noticed a little black spot (of mold?) in the feeder a few days ago so we emptied and washed it out before refilling. The initial male and female have been joined by at least 2 more males and possibly 1 female, but they don’t return like the originals do. Guess the originals have claimed us as their territory. Thank you again!
    Rita ((hugs)) tough love is toughest on the one who loves. ((hugs))
    Heather I want to sit on the happy side of the table with you!
    Vicky brava for continuing with the after work gym time.
    Viv you can add “consistently logged in for a week” to your done list ;)
    Rori dancing up 10K steps while ushering in the snowy stadium and trekking through goat family canyon sounds like you’ve just switched from indoor to outdoor CO. ;)
    Tracey so glad to year your good (payroll system fixes) and great (family addition) news. Hooray!!!
    Karen followed your lead and looked at the Foundling Museum’s website. Fascinating.
    Betsy “grief storm” perfect description. :cry: :love: the image of the horse running to you for loving.
    Terri prayer said for Helen, that results point to a simple, easy to fix issue. Prayers also for Pat, her family, your Margaret and you.
    Debbie :love: your rolling seed starting greenhouses. Have some of those drawers but they are all full of STUFF. Will watch yard sales/thrift stores to see if any appear. Hoping David’s release from hospital is a good thing.
    Barbie sorry to hear about your friend’s balance class outbreak. Somber reminder that it ain’t over…
    Ginny well done for the doctor’s office to take responsibility. A rare honesty indeed.
    Sue in WA Congratulations and welcome to great niece Lorelai Rose. What a lovely name. She could be pals with Rebecca’s Athena Rose. ;)
    Annie what Tracey said about tracking even on the “way over” days. I do too, and am often surprised the intake isn’t as bad as I thought. It also helps me to stop from making it worse… ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited April 2022
    Ginny - I have done a lot of work on myself in recent years and two things that Barbie posted about five years ago have been the most help to me. That is what I repeat to myself when I rub my watch. The second list is from Gretchen Rubin, but posted by Barbie.

7ufbbdbbyqxs.png

1bi8g5ijaaus.png

'Loss of interest in judging others' has been of the greatest help to me. 'When you know better, you do better', is another, from Maya Angelou. I forgive myself for past mistakes and I don't know what others are going through, Most of us are doing the best we can. I used to be very judgmental and it still rises up, but I am learning compassion.

The day dawned beautifully, so I went for my 5k run. Rather astonished at myself, but the blue sky was too good to miss. It was early for me, and chilly, but heavenly. Stopped at the deli on the way home. Then rowed for 25 mjns.
    While I was shuffling along, I listened to a podcast on the "A Slight Change of Plan " series, by Maya Shankar. It was The Thai Cave Rescue, an interview with the anaesthetist who helped the boys escape. Fascinating, inspiring, and moving. <3

DH out at cricket. The day to myself. I shall eat a weird lunch and start editing my new book.

Love you , Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    sllqllw81hgx.png
  • Machka9
    edited April 2022
    It has been a long, long stressful week ... with a few bright aspects: working from home & dinner with friends yesterday. 🙂

s3bse6sso32j.png

gce2laqgr2pv.png

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    edited April 2022
    LIke most people, when I write LOL, I don't actually mean I laughed out loud, I mean that I thought something was funny. This made me LOL. It's possible a cannibal wrote this review.
    cwnplfkpiug5.png
  • Machka9
    edited April 2022
    'Loss of interest in judging others' has been of the greatest help to me. 'When you know better, you do better', is another, from Maya Angelou. I forgive myself for past mistakes and I don't know what others are going through, Most of us are doing the best we can. I used to be very judgmental and it still rises up, but I am learning compassion.

Love you , Heather UK xxxxxxxx

There's really no point wasting time judging others because no one knows everything that's going on in other people's lives.
    Often we're just trying to make the best choice of a collection of less-than-ideal choices.
    Sometimes there is no "right answer".
    Sometimes there aren't a lot of options.
    And I think most of us are trying our best with whatever we've got available.

Plus quite frankly, I know I've got enough going on in my own life without worrying/thinking about someone else's life and choices!

qzgzgzaxftto.png

qhuznsf0lye8.png

And no, I'm not going to share everything about why this past week was a rough one. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Today is Friday ... thank goodness. :)

This afternoon, my husband and I went for hearing tests and vestibular tests for him.

Turns out his hearing is perfect ... and we await the results of the vestibular tests.

Mine hearing is not perfect. I'm missing the high pitch range & have tinnitus. I've been recommended a couple apps to help.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,297 Member
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    d1bntu8cxbts.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited April 2022
    Thanks for all your good wishes for Helen. They were much appreciated.

I had to get up early this morning to do my Latin translation as I didn’t have time or inclination yesterday after I got home. Just had my lunch after returning from town, and hoping to get out into the garden in the lovely spring weather.

Heather: it sounds like your trip to London was just the ticket. It really is a blessing to have friends that you get on well with. totally agree with a deathbed “in my version I use the word housework rather than office.

My friends and I all live(d) within 20 miles of Belfast. Initially we were meeting every couple of years, as we all had busy careers. As we retired one by one, we began to meet up once or twice a year (until Covid). Occasionally we would meet in each other’s gardens in the summer. Margaret is a widow, her family live abroad, and she is an only child, so I am planing to arrange to meet with her and Helen a little more often. (I was the one who usually organised our outings).

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    Terri - many hugs for you and your friends...

Heather - loved the pics--you definitely appeared to be the happiest one there!

I set the first washing of spring out this morning - all the whites. I do love the slight roughness and incredible scent of a towel that's been dried in the sun. Sheets too, and those are next.

Debating on how much to try to accomplish outside today. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so will have tomorrow to curl up with a book, even though it's what I want to do today!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Saw an interesting video on dementia last week, reminded me that loss of hearing is a contributor. So I dug the left-ear hearing aid out of the drawer and have been wearing it (til it drives me nuts, I am up to 5 or 6 hours. The top of my ear gets sore when I wear my glasses.) My right ear is still pretty good, the left ear had some damage many years ago so that's the one that was fitted.

Lanette B)

Sunny/chilly/later rainy SW WA State

I heard that recently too, in a webinar about dementia from the early results of the Island Project: https://island.mooc.utas.edu.au/

Yet another reason for my husband and I to get tested. I'm glad we did. :)

M in Oz