Struggling to lose weight…help!

deniseg31
deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
edited April 2022 in Motivation and Support
Ugh! I am struggling so much to get back on the wagon. I have been yo-yoing about 15 pounds for weeks now! I was able to get into the mid 190's after our Disney trip (early March)...today I weighed in at 212.3

212.3!

I am just so disgusted with myself. Can't seem to get a handle on things. 🤬

I have an appointment with my cardiologist in June and I was hoping to have lost a great amount of weight by then...he gave me a year. Well, my year is almost up and I've lost 40 lbs. but keep gaining and losing the same 15 lbs. over and over. Just freaking bummed.

I’m sad to say that I’ve done it before but can’t seem to stick with it dia time around. 😔

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    All I can say is I am right there with you. I was doing great a year ago. I saw my cardiologist in September and she was very pleased with my weight loss. I saw her yesterday and I had gained 11 pounds since my last visit. I am trying not to berate myself, to accept and move on, to continue to focus on healthy eating, and continuing to exercise. I have been having a really tough time with picking/snacking (that is my big issue.) I am trying to examine what is going on in my life when I pick/snack out of control. I know for the sake of my health I need to do this.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    deniseg31 wrote: »
    Ugh! I am struggling so much to get back on the wagon. I have been yo-yoing about 15 pounds for weeks now! I was able to get into the mid 190's after our Disney trip (early March)...today I weighed in at 212.3

212.3!

I am just so disgusted with myself. Can't seem to get a handle on things. 🤬

I have an appointment with my cardiologist in June and I was hoping to have lost a great amount of weight by then...he gave me a year. Well, my year is almost up and I've lost 40 lbs. but keep gaining and losing the same 15 lbs. over and over. Just freaking bummed.

I’m sad to say that I’ve done it before but can’t seem to stick with it dia time around. 😔

Maybe a group setting is just what you need ...I belong to the fat2fit group ... we are teams of 5 and we do challenges ...support/encourage each other

Have a look around our group and if it is something that interest you ..Please sign up
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

I hope to see you on 1 of the teams :)
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Don’t beat yourself up. We all slip up and have struggled with doing the yo-yo. I’m in the middle of it again. But you can do it.

I’m getting back at it now and just focusing one day at a time.

You’ve got this. Don’t quit. And if you ever need an extra push shoot me an add!
  • heathersommer1
    heathersommer1 Posts: 2 Member
    I have (along my journey"s") done a number of things that "should" have motivated me....but instead seemed to contribute to my self sabotage. I would lose enough to go down a clothing size....excited and pumped I would head for that new size item....and buy it - along with the next two sizes down...for when I would reach those milestones - ready to keep trying on until they fit. I ended up with a closet full of clothes that were too F***ing small! - never reaching the goal I had set. I am not a "have one cookie" kinda gal. If I have one, I will likely have 8, maybe the entire package over a few rounds. There is a trigger that goes off in me that sends me spiraling. With it, the guilt and loathing...I gained enough back /plus more - so much more....I then had 100lbs to lose to reach an actual medically recognized "healthy weight" goal. I was applying for life insurance (I am turning 50, my kids are adults now, so not a million dollar policy, 200k. Pretty basic, except...) I was denied cause my BMI was too high. That was July 2021. I gave myself a year (2lbs/week, 50 weeks) with a 2 week "maintenance" window for a holiday. I always need to be mindful (cause I know myself!)...

I wont give you advise, Denise....each one of us has a unique journey. BUT - Re-Set. Today is your day 1. It no longer matters what your were before, during or after Disney.
    I have not been perfect over this "journey" but - when I have an off day, accept it. I have also learned to be very accountable. Not just with MFP tracking. If I have gained in any one week, Re-Set. When that week is done. Re-set. Good or bad, if I am always in a mode that I am just about this day or this week - it helps me focus.
    It has worked more times than it hasn't.

PS (I have also learned not to eat the first cookie. When I know it will never be just one....AND I now only buy clothes that fit. Period. In reverse, as soon as something is too big, I give it directly to charity. not buying bigger seems to be a better motivator.)
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Are you logging your food? If not, take a moment and enter into MyFitnessPal everything you have eaten today (even if over calories). Don’t remember everything you ate today? That’s ok, just do your best. I find that if I just start logging it becomes easier in a few days to be at my calorie goal.