Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @seltzer_lover I got bored, so I made it pretty and added it as a tab to my other weight loss spreadsheet with the averaging graph. :smiley:

38hfmlg8u65c.png

So pretty - I'm still using the default, ugly one! :lol:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Today I am down pretty low. I have exercised ever day this week except Tuesday when I did a big grocery shopping trip. I am thinking of putting my YMCA membership back on active if I can figure out when I can go in with my schedule. I am signed up for workshops M-Th from 8:30-11:30 when I think is probably the best time to go to the pool. I am thinking of going to the pool at 7 AM M and W and later on Friday mornings. I joined the Y for aquafit and they only have 2 classes now when I am still in my workshop but I do not need an instructor to do it. I have been doing water exercise for years until the pandemic. My youngest wants to start going too. They are very overweight but have been walking and watching what they eat more since they started their job. The problem with going at 7 is I won’t have time to eat breakfast until my break. I know that some of you do IF but I am not sure that I will do well exercising before breakfast.

I didn’t complete my meal planning until Tuesday but it is going well this week. I made angel hair carbonara last night with artichoke as a veggie. My husband has been getting a frozen version when we don’t have time to cook and my youngest loves it so I thought you need to know what it really is supposed to taste like.

We seem to have figured out some safe mother’s day activities. My son and daughter-in-law are coming over on Saturday for brunch and we will meet with my Mom on Sunday for lunch just my generation and not any grandkids or great grand kids. TheCOVID rates are going up here going from low to medium (even hospitalization but then that is still low so a big percentage increase is not really that bad). My Mom’s retirement community keeps having to shut down the dining room but they are being careful. This weekend we don’t have many plans so hoping to get things done.

@Cluelessmama1979 We aren’t competing with each other. If we are competing with anyone it is with our past selves and really only the more recent past. You are improving and that is what life is all about and certainly health and fitness. Shopping takes a lot out of me too. I have been letting others do it but now I am the one without a job so I am doing it more. It is good for me.
    @porquenoiri I know the too busy with work even if I’m unemployed now so glad you popped in
    @CupcakeCruesoe Hope you have a great road trip. Wow on that pretty spreadsheet. Great progress for April. And @biohazardinc It is funny but I actually do better on the weekend because we have a larger, later, healthy yummy brunch to start each day so I am not that hungry until dinner when we usually have a yummy healthy dinner.
    @sandielewis2001 I like how you put your goal for the year as reach maintenance. That is all of our goals not some number of pounds. That way we know that this isn’t a temporary effort with an end goal. It is an ongoing task to getting and staying at a healthy weight for us. Really nice NSV too.
    @Generic_Excuse such a lot of progress!
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Glad you got it all working again.
    @JAC581 I am glad you will be moving away from that dysfunctional kitchen. Hope you can solve you water bottle issue. I have gone back to using a bottle instead of glasses which seem to be higher maintenance. I like the idea of outdoor gentle yoga. Sounds nice.
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2022

I will be away from home tomorrow, so I won't be able to do a final April weigh in, so we're calling this it. Not bad, 3 lbs in a month where I maintained for 10 days. That's good progress right there.

Slacking on lifting, and didn't get my protein target Monday because of that stomach bug, but very happy with my weight staying, instead of shooting back up.

Still torn about whether I want to pay money to log food, lol. I'm a libra, indecision comes with the territory. But $6 a month might be worth it. We'll see.

Where you heading! I'm excited to go to Chicago on Saturday. One evening seeing a band I love away from the kids and I don't have to drive my husband does 😋

I need to start lifting... my arms are a flabby mess. Hope your feeling better from your bug.

I'm indecisive too. It sucks to pay although MFP is def cheaper then WW. So I don't mind paying right now.

@KeriA I wish! Saturday and Sundays tend to be chaotic. I'll try to behave.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Afternoon tag party, because I'll be away from computers where I can tag people* until Sunday night!

*yes, I know I can do it on my phone, I don't generally, because I'm lazy, lol.

@JAC581 mojo that your refrigerator doesn't completely give up the ghost for a couple more months! Maybe you could use it like a cooler, put ice in there if you need stuff to stay cool for a day or two?

@seltzer_lover I got very, very bored. :lol:

@KeriA I hope you can find a time to go to the Y, if that's the way you like to exercise! Water aerobics sounds very nice, and with your kid, even better. I hope that everything works out nicely for mother's day, too.

@tahitig HELLO AGAIN! Oh my gosh I just want to jump into that picture, so gorgeous. I love citrus cake, very jealous. :wink: And congratulations to your daughter!

@biohazardinc South Carolina! Home of daquiri slushy machines and wonderful shrimp and grits! Luckily, or unluckily, we won't have time to get into any kind of trouble. :wink: Have fun in Chi-town!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't been doing much in the way of breakfast either so like... nearly 1/3 of my calories are coming from dinner but over 1/3 is coming from snacks... I need to work on that, I think.

Is eating like that, with one or two bigger meals and several smaller snacks, actually creating a problem for you (like are you finding it hard to stick to your planned menu, or is eating on this schedule affecting your sleep/digestion/cognition/whatever else)? If not, you're probably fine to keep doing that. There's no One True Way of Eating that works for everyone - by all means tweak if you want to or if something's not working, but there's no law says you have to eat breakfast food at breakfast time, or divvy up the food you eat in a given day any particular way. Some folks follow a "one meal a day" or "OMAD" way of eating, where all or almost all of their daily calories come from a single big meal at some point during their waking hours. One big meal and three or four small-to-medium snacks throughout the day is also an entirely valid way to structure your daily menu - as long as you're hitting your calorie target, the timing really doesn't matter.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 214.6 (4/1/2022)

GW for April: 207
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

4/2: 214.0
    4/9: 212.4
    4/16: 209.8
    4/23: 210.0
    4/30: 209.0

Ok, this will be fast and short. This is the 3rd time trying to do update with the app kicking me out to the community home page before I click Post. Didn't Meet goal, but it was a long reach, so I am ok where I landed. Plus my cycle is late so I am still rocking some serious bloat. So happy to have my fitbit syncing again - I way overestimated the burn from my steps without the link. Mellow weekend planned - maybe a bike ride, and a BBQ with friends. And lots of packing. See you all in May!

Goals for April
    - Meet protein goal at least 3x weekly (or avg weekly at goal) ❌️ only 2 of 7 this week
    - Meet fiber goal at least 3x weekly (or avg weekly at goal) ✔️ 4 of 7
    - Get minimum of 6000 steps daily ✔️
    - Drink minimum of 8 glasses water daily ✔️
    - Take a day of self-care: Day off work, massage, and manicure/pedicure
  • biohazardinc
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.

Original Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

April Start Weight: 217.3
    April Goal Weight: 216.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

April 2: 217.3
    April 9: 216.9 (-0.4)
    April 16: 215.7 (-1.2)
    April 23: 217.0 (+1.3)
    April 30: 217.8 (+0.8)

Well I gained this month but I’m okay with it. I’ve basically been in maintenance mode. We had yet another retirement party yesterday and I ate some junk. Went to the doctor yesterday and she thinks I have eczema. I go to an allergy doctor next month (they couldn’t fit me in for a month and a half when I called). Now I have to see a dermatologist which will take 6 months to get me in. I’m just glad to know what it is and can begin the correct treatment. I’m going to a work conference this week and really looking forward to the break!🙂
  • biohazardinc
    @CupcakeCrusoe I ordered a 4 pack of quest bars at Walmart. They were out of stock so they substituted for an 8 pack no up charge. Sweet!
  • Cluelessmama1979
    Cluelessmama1979 Posts: 129 Member
    Wrote this last night and hit "Save" instead of "Post", because I'm a *genius*!!

Something which has worked well for me in the past, to take my focus off food/snacks, is to periodically do a one day "food fast". I'd set the first one for the last day of May.

Not a real fast, the goals are different. So I will still have my coffee/creamer, lots of water, coke zero is fine, and if I am positively "starving", I might have a bit of almond milk or some boullion.

I tend to do fine on the day of, but tonight, the night before, I am freaking out, lol.

Kinda anxiously awaiting bedtime so I don't stress eat.

@goal06082021 actually... no. There's no real problem eating this way, lol. Except that I feel like I shouldn't.

I probably should switch out some of the snacks with things that are more nutrient-dense, but I am hitting better numbers on my macros than I usually do, and not feeling like I'm hungry or like all I can think about is food, or anything.

It's less about *when* I'm eating and more about micronutrients not occurring as much in chips and cookies lol.

So now it's morning. I'm feeling better. Weighed in at 262.2lbs ... Probably won't post much today cause life lol
  • _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    Starting again weight and date with MFP: 282 10/21
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    4/1: 218
    4/4: 215
    4/11: 213
    4/18: 211
    4/25: 207
    4/30: 205
    🌻 APRIL GOALS🌻:
    👉 Hit 208
    👉 Drink more water (80oz a day)
    👉 Increase muscle mass
    koxlvavekx34.png

Congratulations everyone on an astonishing April and may this May be just as fun and empowering.

@CupcakeCrusoe I promise you, if I feel the slightest bit weird, I will tone down everything. I have an appointment this Thursday to go in for my results and I see the cardiologist that day as well. On the plus side, everyone (2kids, 2adults) in my house caught a stomach bug this last week, EXCEPT ME! :D
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    Today I am down pretty low. I have exercised ever day this week except Tuesday when I did a big grocery shopping trip. I am thinking of putting my YMCA membership back on active if I can figure out when I can go in with my schedule. I am signed up for workshops M-Th from 8:30-11:30 when I think is probably the best time to go to the pool. I am thinking of going to the pool at 7 AM M and W and later on Friday mornings. I joined the Y for aquafit and they only have 2 classes now when I am still in my workshop but I do not need an instructor to do it. I have been doing water exercise for years until the pandemic. My youngest wants to start going too. They are very overweight but have been walking and watching what they eat more since they started their job. The problem with going at 7 is I won’t have time to eat breakfast until my break. I know that some of you do IF but I am not sure that I will do well exercising before breakfast.

I didn’t complete my meal planning until Tuesday but it is going well this week. I made angel hair carbonara last night with artichoke as a veggie. My husband has been getting a frozen version when we don’t have time to cook and my youngest loves it so I thought you need to know what it really is supposed to taste like.

We seem to have figured out some safe mother’s day activities. My son and daughter-in-law are coming over on Saturday for brunch and we will meet with my Mom on Sunday for lunch just my generation and not any grandkids or great grand kids. TheCOVID rates are going up here going from low to medium (even hospitalization but then that is still low so a big percentage increase is not really that bad). My Mom’s retirement community keeps having to shut down the dining room but they are being careful. This weekend we don’t have many plans so hoping to get things done.

@Cluelessmama1979 We aren’t competing with each other. If we are competing with anyone it is with our past selves and really only the more recent past. You are improving and that is what life is all about and certainly health and fitness. Shopping takes a lot out of me too. I have been letting others do it but now I am the one without a job so I am doing it more. It is good for me.
    @porquenoiri I know the too busy with work even if I’m unemployed now so glad you popped in
    @CupcakeCruesoe Hope you have a great road trip. Wow on that pretty spreadsheet. Great progress for April. And @biohazardinc It is funny but I actually do better on the weekend because we have a larger, later, healthy yummy brunch to start each day so I am not that hungry until dinner when we usually have a yummy healthy dinner.
    @sandielewis2001 I like how you put your goal for the year as reach maintenance. That is all of our goals not some number of pounds. That way we know that this isn’t a temporary effort with an end goal. It is an ongoing task to getting and staying at a healthy weight for us. Really nice NSV too.
    @Generic_Excuse such a lot of progress!
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Glad you got it all working again.
    @JAC581 I am glad you will be moving away from that dysfunctional kitchen. Hope you can solve you water bottle issue. I have gone back to using a bottle instead of glasses which seem to be higher maintenance. I like the idea of outdoor gentle yoga. Sounds nice.

Go you! Even though you've been having a challenging time, you're getting things in motion.

On the exercise in a fasted state, I'd say you would be able but you might want to work up to it. My first while of fasting was challenging enough for my body, but once I got used to it I was good for gentle movement.

Good luck with it!
  • porquenoirl
    tahitig wrote: »
    ojc76dt3w5yi.png

My daughter's wedding was beautiful, and the honeymooners are now sailing in the Caribbean.
    I ate only ONE small piece of the most delicious citrus wedding cake imaginable, even though I wanted to take it home and gobble up the entire thing.

All April goals are made -- wow.
    This is when I want to inhale carbs for relaxation, relief, and celebration -- but I won't!
    I'll keep reading your inspiring posts instead.

Gosh those flowers are stunning!

And go you on the cake, citrus is lovely.
  • porquenoirl
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

So ... I did manage to make it out of bed and into the living room today.

I'm even doing some of my small movements. And actively chatting on here.

I can't do basically anything requiring me to use my leg/back muscles today, (even just sitting upright hurts) but it's more than I thought I could do.

Had a very emotional chat with my daughter today, about of all things: my refusal to use the little scooter carts while shopping. It came up because of a comment on another thread, and well, I hadn't realized how much she was hurting due to my weight. She's never given any indication.

So I am a bit sad today. But also proud of my progress so far, and still feeling motivated af.

Also woke up craving Mtn Dew today, but haven't given in yet, and don't intend to. I know it's just the sugar craving sugar thing, so... lots of water today. I did also have extra coffee, but I drank it black (yuck).

Per some comments elsewhere, I'm thinking of doing a thread following my journey in real time on maybe the 'Getting Started' forums. Could be helpful in maintaining my goals? Idk, what do yall think?

Also I'm still eating the same spinach quesadilla lunch every day... thought I would be sick of it by now, but I'm really not!

I haven't been doing much in the way of breakfast either so like... nearly 1/3 of my calories are coming from dinner but over 1/3 is coming from snacks... I need to work on that, I think.

Also struggling to get enough sleep. Was awake till 2am last night, despite being exhausted. Sigh.

I have totally been living on fried eggs and courgette for the longest time. It scratches an itch and I like it! Great to find recipes we like, I find it great on those days that I don't have the brain power, or will power, to make better choices.

And hugs, it can be hard to see the ones we love being challenged because they care about us. But remember, you're doing things, there will be some set backs but you got this! (ps the crew told me this, so I'm just paying forward the support).

I think journaling your journey is a fab idea! It'll give you a way to process some stuff, give you some accountability and you'll inspire others.

Best with it, hope the weekend is treating you well.