Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    April 2022
    Fri WI Starting Weight 260. (My highest ever.)
    1: 4/1 256 (Phew!)
    2: 4/8 255 (Just keep swimming.)
    3: 4/15 254.5 (A little at a time is all I need.)
    4: 4/22 254 (That's right, stay calm.)
    5: 4/29 252 (One day at a time!)

A (Did I keep to my _Action plan?)
    E (Did I _Exercise?)
    I (Did _I take care of myself?)
    O (Did I reach out to _Others?)
    U (Do I have any _Unexpressed emotions?)
    Y (Yay! What is something good that happened?)

A, Yes, I have been committed to not overeating at any of my meals, and it is a brand new world. I had a bit of hard day yesterday, lots of feeling about stuff going on in my life, and I definitely felt myself slipping to thinking about taking just one more serving of soup. I knew I could have food plan/wise, but I caught myself wanting to eat just to keep myself company. Ugh. I headed that off by leaving the kitchen, not even finishing my dishes or clean up, coming back later when I was ready. Phew!
    E, Yes I did, though not till later in the evening. I'd like to do more of that today, but earlier.
    I, Not as well as I could have. I am still working at getting to bed at a better time for me.
    O, I want to reach out more here, for sure! I am so thankful for this group and the encouragement we give one another in our goals!
    U, My father is giving me the silent treatment. 🙄 But right after posting this I am going to call him anyway. My actions are my problem, his feelings are not.
    Y, I had a nice time at choir last night, and I am VERY glad it is FRI-YAY! Wahoo!!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Friday, Downsizers - I'm just checking in quickly - have had a death in my family and need a little time to take it all in.

4/28:
    Calories: 1,192
    Exercise: 50 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 12,872

I will try to stop back this weekend to catch up on posts.

Cara

Cara, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Friday Funday Question

Do you have any hobbies you like to do over the weekend?

I love to read. I like to do latch hook and diamond art. I am going to start doing puzzles.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. Another weekend is upon us.
    Check in for 4/29:
    Steps - 10561.
    Calories - 1750 or so. A piece of candy here, a piece there, not logged.
    Exercise - hiked in a park. Climbed further than before. Woot. 1 hr 5 minutes.

I have nervous energy and am snacking more.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @MeowScout
    Nice loss! Keep up the hard work.

@rwood566
    Sounds like your body has hit maintenance mode. You will be moved to maintenance starting tomorrow. I assume that you will not be weighing in next week because of your surgery. Is the nervous energy because of the surgery? Great job on the hike!

@Morethanjustanumber
    Great steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Cheesy567
    That’s good to keep up the routine. Great job!

@MeowScout
    I love your vowel week report. Where did you get such a great idea?
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/29
    Step count 9624
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 4/29

PW 230.7
    CW 232.2

Gained 1.5
    This gain is pretty much water weight but that being said I have been bouncing around 230-231 for a couple of weeks now. This is 3 lbs less than where I stalled in 2018/2019 for almost 1 1/2 years. I need to change things up to get passed this point. I’m still contemplating my options. This week I have been taking advantage of the nice spring weather to walk as my primary exercise, only 2.5 miles but I think I need to go back to the Zumba classes as they definitely were more challenging. I had been trying to wait until June to start again when I wouldn’t want to be outside in the heat and humidity. So I plan to split the time half walking and half Zumba. I need to tighten up my logging. I am planning to shoot for Lower carb, healthy fat this coming month trying to keep around 25% carbs and protein and 50% healthy fats and see if that helps. I may need to go even lower on the carbs. I normally clean fast 16-17 hours per day and one day this week I even did 24 hours but I’m thinking I need to to shoot to do 18-20 hours a couple of days a week just to break the cycle up some. If anyone has any other suggestions please I’m open to listening!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The May team chat thread is open! Please go and post a new introduction for a new month, and name some of your goals, commitments, and hopes for May:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863348/downsizers-team-chat-may-2022/p1?new=1
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Friday Funday Question

I am a gardener - I am hoping to get my raised beds amended with new soil today and get some more seedlings going. We have a fairly short growing season here in Santa Fe because of the high elevation. So my hobbies are all things plants: native plants, vegetables, etc.

I also typically enjoy group exercise (body pump & spinning). I used to hike a lot but haven’t done much of it lately - hope to get back to it especially as the wildflowers are starting to bloom here.

Other hobbies include travel and road trips! Oh and baking which gets me into trouble….

Username: Jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 156.8
    CW: 156.6

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/24 11,780
    4/25 6,456
    4/26 14,546
    4/27 6,686
    4/28 12,299
    4/29 5,322
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 4/29

PW 230.7
    CW 232.2

Gained 1.5
    This gain is pretty much water weight but that being said I have been bouncing around 230-231 for a couple of weeks now. This is 3 lbs less than where I stalled in 2018/2019 for almost 1 1/2 years. I need to change things up to get passed this point. I’m still contemplating my options. This week I have been taking advantage of the nice spring weather to walk as my primary exercise, only 2.5 miles but I think I need to go back to the Zumba classes as they definitely were more challenging. I had been trying to wait until June to start again when I wouldn’t want to be outside in the heat and humidity. So I plan to split the time half walking and half Zumba. I need to tighten up my logging. I am planning to shoot for Lower carb, healthy fat this coming month trying to keep around 25% carbs and protein and 50% healthy fats and see if that helps. I may need to go even lower on the carbs. I normally clean fast 16-17 hours per day and one day this week I even did 24 hours but I’m thinking I need to to shoot to do 18-20 hours a couple of days a week just to break the cycle up some. If anyone has any other suggestions please I’m open to listening!

It sounds like you have made a pretty solid plan. I get the frustration of being stalled. Do you strength train? Maybe it’s something you can try.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Friday Funday Question

I am a gardener - I am hoping to get my raised beds amended with new soil today and get some more seedlings going. We have a fairly short growing season here in Santa Fe because of the high elevation. So my hobbies are all things plants: native plants, vegetables, etc.

I also typically enjoy group exercise (body pump & spinning). I used to hike a lot but haven’t done much of it lately - hope to get back to it especially as the wildflowers are starting to bloom here.

Other hobbies include travel and road trips! Oh and baking which gets me into trouble….

Username: Jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 156.8
    CW: 156.6

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/24 11,780
    4/25 6,456
    4/26 14,546
    4/27 6,686
    4/28 12,299
    4/29 5,322

Nice loss! Gardening is so much fun. I only have a balcony but I am planning out how many plants and what types I want. We have about a month before you can be safe to plant.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @MeowScout
    Nice loss! Keep up the hard work.

Thank you so much Linda :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    So today is my birthday 50+2 years!!! I have done well not overtly over eating but I plan on not stressing about this evening!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    So today is my birthday 50+2 years!!! I have done well not overtly over eating but I plan on not stressing about this evening!

Happy Birthday..I hope you have a wonderful day :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Happy Birthday @tahm42! Hope you have an awesome day. Calories don’t count on birthdays. 😉 Enjoy your day. 🎂🎉🎁
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers! How is today the last day of April already??

4/29:
    Calories: 1,215
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 15,247

@tahm42 Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day!!

I hope you are all having a great weekend!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited May 2022
    @tahm42 happy birthday. I hope you had a great one.
    Check in for 4/30:
    Steps - 14591
    Calories - about 1965. Minor snacking still getting me.
    Exercise - walk this morning. 1 hr 43 minutes. Trying to get snacking out of my head.

The nervous energy is from my anxiety about the surgery. Scared, nervous, anxious, whatever you wish to call it. This is something huge for me. The closer it gets the worse I will feel it.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 169 Member
    edited May 2022
    aneedlecraft
    Late Friday Checkin
    PW: 319
    CW: 318
    Food logged: 4/7
    Water: 5/7
    Exercise: 3/4
This discussion has been closed.