WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thought about you last night Lisa!!! Glad you're all safe!

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN today!

Carla, in RAINY MN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well I cracked at it.. and got the clothes bagged for goodwill and some i thought Trudy and her daughter might like.. i have a few things that Tracy can fit into and i got a load of laundry washed and dried..
    My place still looks like a tornado blew through but at least im weeding out...
    Will get the dolly and take 2 large bags and a box to goodwill when i go to pick up my order at Walmart this afternoon...
    Lisa- glad your daughter and the kids are safe ..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    MARGARET ~ Those displays are so pretty and the florists are very, very talented. Loved your friend's outfit and display.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Lovely exhibition Margaret. Nice to be in a FLW Hall. Wow! One of my favourite bits of the Met is the FLW room.
    I'm so sorry about your son. I know you did all you could for him. <3
    And Rita. Such hard choices. My son went through hell with his anxiety and depression, but he wasn't psychotic. He has come through it. I still worry a little, but luckily I am physically distant from him. I just hope he doesn't fall out with his girlfriend. :o
    I've just had a long conversation with G about our trip. Good to hash it over. She was utterly fooled by my composed demeanour. :laugh:
    I've arranged to chat with L tomorrow morning.
    DH back in an hour and a half. I have duck legs ready for him. Curly kale. In the meantime, I am going to finish watching A Star Is Born. 2018.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    So pretty Margaret! I love shows like that. My step father used to do Bonsai trees, and it was so amazing to see all his creations. I need to find some photos of his pots.💖👍. Yep our Athena is quite the little lady.💖. This month is her birthday, turning 3! A couple days after her birthday her mom, and her other grandma is taking her to Disneyland for the first time. She'll have do much fun!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    *my son will have to stay home because his college classes will still be going on, plus he needs to the dogs*. 😔. On a good side, he's a guy and never much into Disney. In fact we referred to Mickey Mouse as "that big mutant rat"... I know so bad. Barbie had no hope in our house either with GIJoes. Barbie along side a GIJoe, she was humongous! 😂
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    On the good side, my mother got off the couch and went shopping. It's been awhile since she left the house other than doctor visits. On the bad side, she brought home non-diet food like ice cream and ice cream bars and chips and cookies and pie. Lots of stuff that I am trying to stay away from. Oh well.

I have some calories if I can exercise a bit tonight. But will today suddenly be the day I develop discipline and stop after a small portion? Probably not. I'm better off just having another yoghurt. The battle goes on.

Annie in Delaware

• strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello I am looking forward to a new month. A chance for a refresh and make some headway towards a healthier way of life. I have gotten my strawberries planted.. into inexpensive plastic tubs until I find a permanent place for them. So far so good they look like they are thriving. 🙂

fc 🍓

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Beth - seems like almost everyone in my family had significant hearing loss once they hit their 80's. My mom and my maternal grandfather had dementia in their later years - hearing seemed to be OK. I'm still in a love/hate relationship with my hearing aid. If I get 5 hours I'm doing good! Better than nothing.

Glad to hear your dad is doing so well. I am crossing fingers you can find a place closer to move your parents and that your visit at the facility goes well. Was your dad a veteran? I've been investigating VA help. My DH was in the Marines for 7 years, and in Vietnam - so some assistance might be available for care for him if it comes to that.

Tonight, big dinner plan here is McDonalds! Our local one has a "buy one get one free" deal that goes on all the time if a person saves the receipt and fills in an on-line survey. Not my favorite place but DH generally eats a whole quarter pounder - 25 grams of protein right there. Whatever I can do to get some calories and protein down that man.

IF- I'm pushing my first meal of the day farther and farther out in an attempt to keep at a 16:8 to 18:6 IF schedule. 11 am to 5 or 6 pm is my goal. I love black coffee but it's taking a toll on my stomach. I've been alternating coffee with a mug of hot water with a little baking soda - I think that would pass as clean fasting.

Lanette B)
    Rainy SW WA State

Lanette ... Yes! My dad is a WWII vet and once his money runs out he qualifies for the veterans assistance. I've eaten many, many McDonald's meals over the years so I'm no McDonald's snob ... but this one in particular had both my husband and I not feeling too well. If your husband will eat it, get it for him! I think, too, that IF has just turned me into a food snob. Period. I really hate it when my only meal doesn't satisfy my cravings. My IF is generally 2:00-7:00. Yesterday it was after 7:00 before I ate and that was too long. I drink coffee with a glass of water too! Thins out the acidity a little bit. And, yeah, baking soda doesn't affect a clean fast in my book.

Beth

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are having a quiet day. Our daughter and granddaughter are now home in Illinois. I had a wonderful time with them. I hope our daughter will be able to bring our grandson for a visit. He’s the “oldest” boy. There is a younger brother. He may visit in the future.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options