Less Alcohol ~ APRIL 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

167891012»

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited April 2022
    GOOD MORNING (USA/EST)

How did this month fly by so quickly?

I want to thank everyone for joining in or following us on our less alcohol April 2022 journey this month.

If you know our routine, we create a new thread every month, to reset, recharge and define our upcoming goals.

So, hope to see both familiar and NEW MFP members on the May 2022 thread.

Follow this link to DRINKING LESS in May 2022:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863351/less-alcohol-may-2022-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    April was not good on the "drink less" front. Whoa. Especially last week- 3 days with 3+ drinks. It's wine under the bridge so what to do but reset in May.

I'll add this, since it's a calorie counting site. I've been maintaining my weight in the middle of my 5 lb "maintenance range" since the year end holidays. At the beginning of April I decided to drop 2 pounds. Nothing remarkable there. I would normally aim for 250cal daily deficit for 0.5 lb/wk. The thing that was different, though, is I decided to try it with an even smaller deficit. When the pandemic started, the whole family or whoever was here for dinner would take an "apre stroll" around the block after dinner. It only works with daylight savings. From a tracking perspective, I just lumped it in with "daily activity" without counting it as exercise because it's slow and short, just over a mile. When April started and I was looking at the numbers, I realized I might be able to lose 2 pounds with an even smaller deficit if I was mindful to keep non-exercise activity up, and it worked!

There is no way I could consistently create such a slim deficit without calorie counting. For years I erratically bounced between overeating and over restricting to maintain. Intuitively, I eat a little more than I need. And when I cut back, I cut too hard to ensure there was a deficit at all. Calorie counting takes out the guesswork (i.e. consistently wrong guesses). This was the most painless 2lb "course correction" I've probably ever done. I've got family members who think calorie counting is a little disordered. They are probably right, but it is the least disordered I've been so far. Cheers for the online tools that make it painless. :drinker:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20AF days for the month. Diary style.
    I had 21AF days for March, but it was a longer month.
    My reason for drinking less is for weight loss.

Tuesday April 26 - 2 drinks. 3 was always my norm, but over this past year it has changed to 2. Less frequent days of drinks must equal less tolerance. I am always happy to see my 16, I expect to exceed that a bit for this month. Planned AF Wednesday and Thursday.
    Wednesday April 27 - AF - Planned drinks Friday before, during, and or after the theatre. Going to see "Tuesdays with Morrie".
    Thursday April 28 - AF - That was a tough one! I worked for hours and hours on getting my sugar snap pea garden going, and totally felt like drinks after. I had to do the 6 minute wait many many times. As usual, I post the next morning when I put my weight into the other forums. This morning, Kimberley BC (1/2 hour up the mountain from me) won BC's best small town : - ) @globalhiker will be there in 6 weeks : - )
    Planned drinks Friday, planned AF Saturday.
    Friday April 29 - Drinks before the play and after. It was opening night, so there was Champagne and cake at the meet the actors and creators after the show. Planned AF Saturday

Rolling total: 18AF day out of 29 days
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy That sounds so fun! What was the show?
  • joallana
    joallana Posts: 33 Member
    @Sinisterbarbie1 thanks for the NA wine rec! The other flavorings looks super good too, I’ve ordered the wine sampler and the fish and mushroom sauces. Really bummed the allium one is sold out!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    April accountability: 7 days AF
    Alcohol: 23 days (55.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

4/1 - 2 wine
    4/2 - 4 wine @ my sisters
    4/3 - AF
    4/4 - 1.5 wine
    4/5 - 2 Torchy Tini’s
    4/6 - AF
    4/7 - 2 wine
    4/8 - 3 wine
    4/9 - 3 drinks 1 margarita + 2 wine (half full small plastic cups at party) Couples Baby Shower
    4/10 - 3 margaritas Crawfish Boil; bags of frozen margaritas leftover from the previous evening event
    4/11 - AF
    4/12 - AF @ alumnae meeting
    4/13 - 1 bourbon & Diet Coke
    4/14 - 3 wine BUNCO
    4/15 - 1 margarita
    4/16 - 3 wine
    4/17 - AF
    4/18 - 2 wine (1 at home & 1 at 📚)
    4/19 - 2 wine
    4/20 - 1 margarita
    4/21 - 2 wine
    4/22 - 4 drinks 3 wine & 1 Benedictine in New Orleans
    4/23 - 4 drinks French Quarter Fest 1 beer, vodka, 2 wine & lots of water bottles!
    4/24 - AF
    4.25 - 3 wine
    4/26 - AF
    4/27 - 2 wine
    4/28 - 3 wine
    4/29 - 2 wine
    4/30 - 2 Torchy’s Tini

I can and will do better in May.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863351/less-alcohol-may-2022-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

Follow the link above to our MAY 2022 thread if you want to keep accountable towards drinking LESS.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20AF days for the month. Diary style.
    I had 21AF days for March, but it was a longer month.
    My reason for drinking less is for weight loss.

Tuesday April 26 - 2 drinks. 3 was always my norm, but over this past year it has changed to 2. Less frequent days of drinks must equal less tolerance. I am always happy to see my 16, I expect to exceed that a bit for this month. Planned AF Wednesday and Thursday.
    Wednesday April 27 - AF - Planned drinks Friday before, during, and or after the theatre. Going to see "Tuesdays with Morrie".
    Thursday April 28 - AF - That was a tough one! I worked for hours and hours on getting my sugar snap pea garden going, and totally felt like drinks after. I had to do the 6 minute wait many many times. As usual, I post the next morning when I put my weight into the other forums. This morning, Kimberley BC (1/2 hour up the mountain from me) won BC's best small town : - ) @globalhiker will be there in 6 weeks : - )
    Planned drinks Friday, planned AF Saturday.
    Friday April 29 - Drinks before the play and after. It was opening night, so there was Champagne and cake at the meet the actors and creators after the show. Planned AF Saturday
    Saturday April 30 - AF - Very windy day, didn't do anything in the garden.

Monthly total: 19AF day out of 30 days
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Finished April well.

Goals remain 2 days AF / wk and stay under 20 UK units.
    Last week (I run Mon - Sun) 3 days Af and 17.6 units.

That makes 11 AF days in April and an average of 19 units per week. It’s still more than guidance but a lot less than before I was tracking it.

See you all on the May thread.