Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
0lpapixbuoun.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs from May 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossibles!! Welcome to all our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I live in Athens, GA with my sweet husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I work for my small church doing three different jobs. I'm the ministry assistant, financial secretary, and cleaning lady. I also just took over the senior adult ministry where I hope to serve a population that is often underserved and forgotten.

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and am determined to never give up on my dream of getting to a healthy goal weight and staying there! In April, I returned to intermittent fasting and started reading this free book called [url=https://www.neverbingeagain.com/[/url]. This little book is changing my life and I’m very excited to see what happens in the next few months as I follow the principles and rules that this book lays out so clearly. If you struggle with any kind of binge eating, I really suggest you give it a read. The biggest rule I have for my health is to NEVER give up on myself! I will tweak my plan whenever I need to because going back to where I started is NEVER an option.
    As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

kh16fad8k2k3.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge "Pass It On" is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, May 1st and will run through Saturday, May 7th. Please join us in the Group's Chatroom for a challenging and fun event all week long! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863372/may-week-1-group-challenge-pass-it-on/p1?new=1

Special thanks to @PatriceFitnessPal for the wonderful idea! Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all fully launched, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily steps and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I have been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever! I have about 4 pounds to lose, to get to goal weight. Really hoping to get this last bit off in the month of May!
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite but I do get in a couple of weight classes a week too! I typically work out at the gym three days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm a team motivator along with the wonderful @trooworld . I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area with my two cats. I joined this team a little over three years ago and love it, I hope you do too! I'm right above goal right now after losing and regaining some due to chronic pain issues. I've been dealing with back and nerve issues for over 30 years and have failed back surgery syndrome, CRPS, and nerve damage. I was in pretty bad shape and decided I was done actively killing myself by doing nothing so I got off my rear and changed my diet and started exercising and gave MFP another try Jan 2, 2019 and have stuck with it. I have a lot of health issues, most are under control with diet and exercise these days. I do chair cardio, strength training, and stretches each day. I volunteer with the food bank farm and a local charity and do part-time work for my brother. I'm close with my family so I spend a lot of time with them and go to all my nephew's events. In my spare time I'm gardening, reading, listening to music, or at the food bank farm helping out.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @Digger61 @gbame4 @MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO @davors19 @amioc Congrats on the losses!

@micaroo4 Great weigh-in!

@laurelfit57 Your mom is right! :D Thank you, I worked hard for those blue dots! Thank you, I had a good April. :) I'm glad your weather is better now. Sounds like you had a good day with the grandkids. I love patio time (I don't have a patio, mind you, I just have a walkway in front of my door but I treat it like a patio lol).

@Katmary71 Yes, and I do feel better now thank you! I'm glad you had fun at the food bank. That's great your micro-current machine helped your brother.

INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone! I am one of the Slimpossibles' team motivators along with the fabulous @Katmary71. I really enjoy this group, there is a lot of support here and everyone is wonderful. I am in my low 50s and live in Southern California with my husband and spoiled princess of a pug (what is called a mop in some parts of the world!). I gained my weight starting in my mid-20s due to medications as well as poor lifestyle choices. My weight loss method of choice is WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers). I've been on and off it for years now, it's the only thing that works for me. I also do Intermittent Fasting, 16 hours of fasting, and 8 hours of eating. I hate to exercise but am working on it slowly. I like to make artwork, do photography, read, and listen to podcasts and audiobooks. Please do let us know if you are struggling with anything and we will try to help you.

SUNDAY CHECK-IN
    Well, the potluck went well last night: I had about 8 tablespoons of food (1 of each of the foods I took) plus a 1" square of homemade tiramisu. It was a fun time. I am meal prepping today.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

dwmv1jr3ab1m.png
    3xufx6v60nmg.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    qqyhwgqq093b.png

By Pounds
    gxaq8b02aq5v.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    j06wlw91abzz.png

By Pounds
    luy3wx8hc388.png
    kfqzmstpplvh.png

Team Winners
    krpkzhjfb0hi.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

zea6d4kplm4g.png
    lpi4ai5tp567.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    njx02pv1ahhf.png

By Pounds
    rmtpycnikjxb.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wcg7hqz6drnu.png

By Pounds
    dsj5q4631yfz.png
    cqu9hwltc40s.png
    3ohc4njlvqyz.png

Team Winners
    deamc34qfedp.png
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    PW: 164.7
    CW: 165.3

Hey everyone, today is my weigh-in day. My name is Shawna. Mom of 2, and I live in Canada. I joined for some accountability and motivation. I can be easily motivated by others’ success, so hoping this is the case here. I have a goal to lose 15 lbs by the end of July.
    Thanks to everyone behind the scenes—I appreciate you all for organizing this group and keeping it going.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • laurelfit57
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 139.6
    CW. 139.6
  • TeresaW1020
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 188.8
    CW: 186.6
    Month +/-: 2.2
    Total Loss: 77.8

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Wow, you did incredible at the potluck! I am going to try that approach when we have our church potluck on the 22nd. :grin:

Good morning Team! How awesome are we to be in second place for week four of April and NUMBER ONE for the whole month!! Woot Woot!!! B):star: And seeing my name in 3rd place was a VERY nice surprise. I think that's the first time it happen to me. Just proves that you should never give up!! :grin:

I was happy to have a nice loss again this week. I’m super determined to crush this month! I have a few eating events to navigate but I am keeping my eye on the goal. There are always going to be eating events in my life and not giving into each one is a lesson I must learn if I ever want to rock a size 8 pants. :grin: I have a busy day planned. I’m working out this morning and then going grocery shopping. Then I’m going to hang out with my best friend and her husband to talk guns. He is ex-military and used to teach self-defense courses to women. I’m in the early stages of thinking about getting protection and want to talk about all my options. I hope you all have a great day! :smile:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @broncobuddee - I will be out of town and not able to weigh on Friday.
  • kitchendh66
    kitchendh66 Posts: 9 Member
    Username: kitchendh66
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 340.1
    CW: 344.4

Good Morning,
    I'm Darlene in 55 yo a mother of 34 yo twins (boy/girl). I live in Greensboro, NC. I joined MFP years ago, but I decided to sign back on. I am financial Counselor in a Neurosurgeons office.
    I am here for motivation and challenges keep me moving. I have been trying to lose weight because I will soon have knee replacement and back surgery which will be my 4th back surgery. Exercising is a little difficult at times. I am working on healthy eating.

Everyone have a Marvelous Monday!
  • trooworld
  • trooworld
  • trooworld
    @bgame4 @davidji82 @FushiaKat @davors19 @TeresaW1020 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! And congrats to the whole Mission Slimpossibles team for winning April! Woot woot! A special shout out to @davors19 for being 4 weeks in the green, way to go! Another special shout out to @FushiaKat for 80 lbs down and to @fatfifties for 60 lbs down! Woot woot!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on another loss, WTG! Thank you, I'm happy with how I behaved lol! Yes, a WW leader told me to just take a tablespoon of whatever I wanted to eat, I could always go back and get more. That mindset really helped me Saturday! You are an inspiration for us all, way to not give up! Enjoy your day!

@kitchendh66 Two surgeries coming up is an excellent "WHY". Good luck to you and have a great Monday as well!

Hi all. I didn't start meal prepping yesterday until 3:30 because my husband was cooking food for his family. I had to really reach down and grab some motivation because, by 3:30, I'm starting to get tired and lose my energy. I just told myself how much it would help to get the meal prep done. I ended up prepping 3 meals + cutting up 2 pineapples + making dinner. I attended a virtual WW meeting while meal prepping, which always makes the time go by quicker.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Woot woot, Slimpossibles is on the leader board! Way to go @bgame4 @davidji82 @trooworld @FushiaKat @davors19 @TeresaW1020 !

@shawna_25 Welcome to the team, I hope you feel at home here, we'll be motivated by your success too!

@TeresaW1020 So glad you were on the board, shows you're back on track my friend! May is yours, I can feel it in my bones. Hope things go well with your friend's husband, I've been thinking of doing the same too, he's a good one to talk to.

@kitchendh66 Hi Darlene, sorry to hear about all the physical challenges, what kind of back surgery are you having? I totally get it being hard to exercise, if you want modified workouts on YouTube let me know, I have quite the collection of seated cardio and arm cardio as I have nerves damaged in most my body though you may not be stable enough for it until after surgery. Have a great Monday!

@FushiaKat Congratulations on 80lbs down, that's amazing my friend! You're a rock star, I'm so happy for you!

@FatFifities Congratulations on 60lbs down, amazing accomplishment! Five weiner dogs, LOL!

@trooworld Way to go on meal prepping and getting on your WW meeting! How's the pineapple, I almost got one but was thinking they wouldn't be ready yet though they're obviously not from here. BTW my last book was Farhenheit 451, it was really good!

Happy Monday everyone! Had a great somewhat busy day yesterday, I worked out then took some seedlings I rescued at the food bank farm to a stand for a woman who wanted them, stopped at Sprouts for fruit, did some HOA stuff, and naked gardened for 2 minutes just to be part of the in crowd yesterday morning but went out real early to make sure no one would see me. Got all my bills paid and I had a credit instead of owing on one which I'm confused by but not arguing with! I have two birthdays and Mother's Day this month plus want at least a new top for the concert at the end of the month so I'm figuring out my budget. Still taking nightly baths with Epsom salts and apple cider vinegar and bubble bath, I hate just sitting there for 45 minutes but it does calm my nervous system down and decreases spasming so it's worth it. I'm back to collecting herbs and greens for my salad in the yard, love being able to do that. Time to work out, let's make this an amazing week!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @broncobuddee - I will be out of town and not able to weigh on Friday.

Ok - thanks for the update!
  • laurelfit57
    Wow Wow Wow!! Huge congrats to the Slimpossible team for making the leader board all over the place!! Of course huge congrats to @bgame4, @davidji82, @trooworld, TeresaW1020 for making the leaderboard and some of you twice! @Fushiakat huge congrats for being down 80 pounds, so inspiring! @fatfifties huge congrats on losing those five wiener dogs🤣, 60 lbs, you rock!!! April really was a stellar month for our team!

@shawna_25 welcome to the team, I’m from Canada too (Alberta)!

@TeresaW1020 yay you! Nice loss this week, what a great way to start out the month!! It is so true that we are always going to have eating events in our lives and we somehow have to make them fit in with our lives. You will be rocking that size 8 soon enough! I wanted to let you know that the Verilux light (for SAD), actually worked for me. I got my energy back after about 3 weeks using it! I just tucked it away for the spring and summer but will be pulling it out again in the fall.

@kitchendh66 welcome aboard! You have definitely come to the right place if you want motivation and challenges. Sounds like you are having some pretty big life changes that will really make a difference in your life!

@trooworld I am the same as you, if I am doing meal prep, I like to get going first thing in the morning. Good for you that you got the job done, even though it was the middle of the afternoon! It will definitely serve you well this week.

@katmary71 LOL LOL where do you live that naked gardening is part of the “in crowd”, that is going to have me laughing all day!

I ended up with the stomach bug that was going around here. It only lasted 26 hours (Saturday to Sunday), so it wasn’t bad at all, just very unpleasant. The only thing I really ate was Lipton‘s cuppa soup and dry toast. When I looked at my nutrition, I was shocked to see how high my sodium was, who knew that, that soup was so loaded with salt?! I was expecting to be down .5 to 1 pound, but with that amount of salt in my system staying the same was not a surprise.
    Feeling much better today, I was able to get to spin class this morning, I let my instructor know that I had been ill and that I wasn’t sure my stamina would be, so she wouldn’t keep saying “Come on Laurel you can do it, go go”🤣
    I have to admit, at a particularly challenging part, I had to sit down and just pedal as my legs felt like jelly. I am going to make a Mexican casserole this afternoon that will be good for five meals, so that will be my dinners for the week. Tomorrow we have 20% off in the grocery stores, so I will be picking up enough bagged salads for the week that I can just add chicken to, then my lunches will be done. Just need to pick up some fresh fruit for snacks and I should be good for the week:). You have re-inspired me @trooworld!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 4/29: 227.0

Check in weight (5/6/2022):
    Check in weight (5/13/2022):
    Check in weight (5/20/2022):
    Check in weight (5/27/2022):

Hi all! My name is Leona, I am 49 YO living in New Mexico. I have struggled with my weight all my life.

My knees have arthritis and have been gradually worse over the years. I saw the Orthopedic surgeon today. I will be getting a knee replacement on my left knee at the end of June! I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I do have a challenge in that I have increased risk with my weight where it is right now. I am going to be trying Noom to see if I can get myself in gear and try harder with this weight loss. It impacts my health and my recovery.

I hope everyone has a great May!
This discussion has been closed.