What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    6sq0ccfvxl1i.jpeg
    Tried out my new rice cooker-steamer combo. The rice was good but I’ll have to adjust the amount of water next time. The fish was okay but it was frozen. Brussels sprouts were decent.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Chicken breast stir fried with snow peas and Chinese aubergine salad.
    48qbptwrfh65.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,530 Member
    Thursday - skipped breakfast. Lunch is 2 soft boiled eggs, an everything bagel with Tillamook cream cheese and coffee
    cgnvdzoc0bwt.jpg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    catfish, hush puppies and fries

c09lwyb01iri.jpg
  • acpgee
    Repurposed leftovers of roast beef turned into pho with broth we had in the freezer. We had some Vietnamese spring rolls in the freezer that were air fried. Rice noodles only need soaking in very hot tapwater for this. I got home late from work and managed to get this on the table in 15 minutes.
    tfkfgi2k7vkl.jpeg

• acpgee
    Low cal fish and carrot tempura. I dip the food in the wet batter, harden the batter on a low non stick pan with a scant amount of oil. They are ready to turn when they slide easily across the pan. Then finish for 10 minutes in the air fryer to crisp up. Next time I might just add the oil to the batter to have really good control of how much oil gets used. Not as good as deep fried, but pretty close. Side of Chinese aubergine salad.ah040zz4lv9d.jpeg

• cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    Saturday dinner: Heading out of town; trying not to leave leftovers. Green salad with a scoop of chicken salad
    ukgx4rdh3fv8.jpg
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2022
    Ate dinner at True Food Kitchen:edu0mbxkcrxo.jpg
    Added chicken.
    4osnnygx7no7.jpg

• acpgee
    Primo of linguine with pesto. Pesto was made on the weekend to use up a big bag Thai basil that was in danger of spoiling. Two servings of pesto went into the freezer. A starter of 50g of dried pasta per person is the right size for a starter in our household. Secondo of baked hake crusted with panko breadcrumbs mixed with a puree of garlic, preserved lemon, tapenade and olive oil. I brushed some yoghurt onto the fish so the breadcrumb mixture would stick before air frying 10 minutes. Contorno of roasted button mushrooms I air fried on the weekend and warmed up in the microwave tonight.
    1b03bf0gtlc0.jpeg
    o3qv11gv3qef.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    This was actually from the weekend as I'm not currently cooking ... for reasons. :D

This was from a hotel restaurant that I expected to be mediocre at best as they often are. Instead it was an excellent meal. Bison carpaccio, shrimp & grits and a rare dessert for me of chocolate old fashioned which was a mousse with cherry orange jelly, brown butter crumble, bourbon caramel. The dessert was sweeter than I like so I didn't quite finish it.

mo8h771dl0jq.jpg

pkfgmhy5xgsy.jpg

g4tc7hpwosbx.jpg
  • acpgee
    Duck taco night.
    chk20m84ty00.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    Posters: Would love to see more of your meals!