May 2022 accountability month for challenge & support

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    edited May 2022
    @TinaLeigh67
    We have had discussions on here before about foods, our usuals, our cheats, our favourites.
    It seems to me that texture is the over-riding thing. Crunchy, salty, cake-y, chewy etc.
    With your new mouth appliance this is a whole new ballgame for you! If the reasons that we eat certain things being mouth feel, then this sort of won't apply to you. Your diet is really going to change. Maybe losing those last few pounds will be very easy for you.

@Msmclane
    I totally get that reference "Look over there!". Hahahahaha. Jaida Essence Hall : - )

@mthomas0228
    What does the acronym WOE mean?
    Yes, IF is not for everyone. There are articles that I have read on MFP that show that it works quite well for men, but not for women.
    6 small meals a day should give constant fuel? Keeping those meals small would be the challenge I imagine, also being able to fit them in to a busy lifestyle.
    This is what tracking shows us over the long haul, what works best for each of us as individuals, what causes us to gain, what causes us to lose.
    Looking forward to seeing how that works out for you.
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy
    This is going to be a crazy adventure. Eating anything right now is a job. I have a feeling the weight will come off before the appliance is removed. It's been a week and I'm already tired of soft, mushy food. What I wouldn't give for my bowl of popcorn in the evening :D It will be worth it in the end but I worry about gaining weight afterwards by making up for lost time with the crunchy and chewy foods that I love so much. Maybe this brief vacation from them will help stop the cravings.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member

@mthomas0228
    What does the acronym WOE mean?
    Yes, IF is not for everyone. There are articles that I have read on MFP that show that it works quite well for men, but not for women.
    6 small meals a day should give constant fuel? Keeping those meals small would be the challenge I imagine, also being able to fit them in to a busy lifestyle.
    This is what tracking shows us over the long haul, what works best for each of us as individuals, what causes us to gain, what causes us to lose.
    Looking forward to seeing how that works out for you.

WOE =Way of Eating

I've been doing IF 16/8 on and off since 2018...what is has done for me is to control and understand hunger, so that I don't get the "crazy hungries". I do like it but just trying something different this month :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    @lynn_w

Great that you are joining us on this journey.
    I am in the East Kootenays, I am guessing that you are in the Okanagan or Slocan Valley?

@Msmclane
    I wish that there was a "laughing" button for your comments. Skipping breakfast : - )

@deepwoodslady
    Yes indeed, it takes more calories to keep you at your current weight than it did to keep you at 183.
    I appreciate your comments about eating more volume of lower calorie foods. We can eat a lot of certain things instead of a couple of bites of something else. It really does boil down to calorie counts doesn't it?
    Do what got you to 183, look back at the tracker and replicate that?
    Soon there will be walks down to the river with your dgs.
    7 days until your birthday!!!