Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member

May 2
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: no
    Tracked?: Yes
    Pass days: 2
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @Caroline_slowandsteady - I had both brain fog and headache while on vacation and I attribute them both to lack of water. That plus very little activity as we drove drove and drove some more. Not my idea of a great time but that’s just how this particular trip went. I completely understand how hard it is to break that urge to snack on junk. I’m so much better than I used to be, but still struggle. It’s a process. We’ll both get there! You’re close to goal, aren’t you? I have 20 more to go, but knowing how long it’s taken to get 30 off and the determination to not throw that all away is usually enough to get me back to healthy/reasonable habits.
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 678 Member
    • Yes, 6k steps, 80 zone minutes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Exercise: Walking ✅
    Tracked: Yes ✅
    Calories: Within budget ✅
  • hopefaithlifts
    hopefaithlifts Posts: 36 Member
    May 2

Exercise ✅
    Calories ✖️
    Tracked ✖️

1/3 Pass Days
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,346 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Daily Check-In Date: Monday May 2nd

Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie range of 1400 -1611? Yes 1451
    If calories were over for the day, was the difference walked off before bed?

How many miles on Treadmill today? No treadmill but yes on active for 20 minutes
    Treadmill Days are Mon thru Fri and Sat & Sun Off
    Active for 20 minutes on Sat & Sun

Progression of weekly 1.5-to-2-pound lost goal: 2.4 lost so far
    Did I drink my daily water goal? no
    Pass Day Count: 0/3
    Last Month Pass Day Count: Skipped April so that would be 30

May Goals:
    Track calories immediately after each meal 🌻set up reminders so this should be ok
    Cook at home - eat out twice a month 🌼 planned for 2 Fridays a month
    Use my food scale to measure everything.
    Use my ramekins for measuring individual servings to learn and control correct portion sizes for me and my son.
    Learn there are no "good" and "bad" foods and I am not on a diet anymore
    No more starting and stopping because I am not on a diet anymore.
    Learn how to have a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable for the rest of my life
    Fine-tune meals to get within calorie range - 🌸 think breakfast is good to go. dinner will be flexible. need to work out lunch
    Learn that going over calorie range for a meal or a day is not a "failed diet for the month".
    If calories are over for that day, need to walk them off before bed.
    Use fewer pass days in May than I did in April
    Get back on my treadmill 🌷goal is 5 days a week in morning

<End of Check-In Post>

I am still trying to adjust my schedule for walking on my treadmill. Yesterday I got off to a late start, and I needed to job hunt, so the treadmill took a back seat again. But the good news is that I still was active for 20 minutes and I got a phone interview scheduled for mid-May! I need to just find my routine and schedule and make everything fit and things will be headed on the right path.

I am running late already for the day - this is when I decide to get on my treadmill or skip it for the day. This is where I need to change this as well and no more skipping the treadmill for the day. So I will get a good lesson today on how to adapt and adjust. I am off to the treadmill shortly. My treadmill goal is 5 days a week and I want to build back up to 3 miles a day.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,483 Member
    Yea x 3
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,038 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 2nd
    I have a 3 yes day!
    Exercise: 15 minute MommaStrong, 20 minute walk, 20 minutes stretching
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan - on target

Pass days so far: 0

My weight yesterday morning after the fair was really scary, but quite a bit better today. I 'm guessing a lot of that was water weight, both from the fair food and just from being in the sun all day without drinking enough water. I had an awful headache yesterday _ have been having a lot of headaches lately. I am wondering if it is maybe from eating so much crap. Hoping that as I get back on track they diminish.

I was scrounging for treats all day yesterday out of habit, but not finding anything irresistible, and hoping I break that habit.

Oh headaches are the worst — especially with sun and heat compounding the misery. 🤯 I hope you have relief from them soon. @Caroline_slowandsteady Hydrating is one of the first steps I try to remember to take. 💦💦💦 I find it hard to break the snacky habit too and am on a self imposed herbal tea evening approach right now as my nighttime snacking appears to be arising from boredom and not real hunger. If I am hungry, I can have the prepped raw veggies in the fridge. @MadisonMolly2017 shared this approach in another MFP group we belong to. It is already helping!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    5/2
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,759 Member
    Yes x 3
    0/3 pass days used
    One week before my trip to Universal Orlando with my daughter. I have eaten some allergens this week to see how badly my body responds. I am bloated and joints are sore. 10# gain and I know I have not eaten the calories to have that much gain in just a few days. So I am really beginning to stress over how I am going to avoid my allergens and feel my best. Dairy is the least of them. Then wheat, but yeast and honey are a hard no. So I feel sorry for the restaurant crew. I usually cook for myself but my daughter wants to stay on resort so there are no microwaves or kitchenettes in the room so I am at the mercy of the restaurant services who say they can comply. The hospital couldn't comply last year so what makes me think a restaurant will. I will do my best but if come back and am in the 230's that's why. I was 221 at the beginning of last week I am 227 now. Intake has not changed but the fact I have had gluten and dairy. My exercise is even up and my intake is still at deficit... Yes I am just a little frustrated and concerned that I am going to lose more ground. Even though my clothes are looser the scale is making my brain scream. I also know I am swollen. I just want to enjoy and not fret.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,478 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    1 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2

All things back to normal - exercise, eating and tracking. Hoping the scale will follow soon.

Good job Marisa, I am enjoying watching your transition to maintenance. Holidays are an interesting aspect of it. Thanks for sharing the details - I have no doubt you will be back to normal for sure!

Thank you @ashleycarole86! Even at my age, I still have tons to learn. :-)
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,705 Member
    @tahm42 I feel so sorry for you! It sounds horrible. I'm lucky not to suffer from allergies. I'm not particularly surprised that a hospital couldn't cater for you. But hopefully the resort will be better.
    I have a granddaughter with coeliac disease and know how hard it can be to get people to understand her requirements. Good luck.
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    May 2

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

0/3 Pass Used

LNS Me 2
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    edited May 2022
    Back to cheer so more!

Great job with 3 yeses:
    @SilverSage1
    @Maggie_MJ
    @kodakslim
    @Marilynsretired
    @KCJen - good work building the habits and being self-reflective
    @bookieNJ
    @GrandmaJackie
    @tahm42 sounds like stressful travel - I hope it goes well for you and that you can let go the worry and enjoy while you are there.

Great job checking in regardless - so important:
    @Elbee1
    @readnlift
    @faithcreek

Thanks for the sympathy and wisdom
    @jamcnewman
    @biketheworld
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 3
    Exercise No
    Tracked yes
    Calorie goal No
    3/3 pass days

Eating stress again. Knew I Was doing it but so badly needed some happiness even if temporary. I’m obviously a slow learner.
    Husband left today for the funeral & I had a very rough morning. Got sick to my stomach right before I was to walk out the door. (Probably from stress).
    It was a terrible morning for me due to running so late & I needed to be at a different location much further than my office this morning. Traffic was so awful since I left so late due to tummy issue. Was 30 minutes late & was so lucky that I didn’t get fired. This was an event that definitely could have cost my job. I was lucky to have reached them by phone & that they held off starting for 30 minutes & I’m pretty certain that it was due to my call. They started within a few minutes after I got there & they called my clients name. I think that my call basically let them know that others may be late too so they held off. It was a terrible stressful drive & I was out of breath from running thru the parking lot & up the steps & having to wear a mask in that building.
    Anyway, I’m relieved that nightmarish morning was over & guess it was stress & needing to celebrate or at least be hugged but really we all know that I was just weak & gave in to myself. (Monkey Brain… lol )
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    @Caroline_slowandsteady Thanks Caroline!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 What a lovely profile pic! 💕

Yes x 3 today. I threw my back out and had Shockwave therapy in both feet today so I am counting grocery shopping and cooking/food prep as my 20 minute intentional exercise today.

Thanks @Jana_2020
    Sorry your back (and therefore you) had to deal with that today
    Did the Shockwave therapy help a fair amount?
    Hope you feel better soon

Ty @asheycarole86. Yes the shockwave therapy works wonders for plantar fasciitis. Unfortunately I have it really bad in my right foot. We've been working on it since 2019; it's hasn't quite gone away yet but it is definitely better.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    @Elbee1 so sorry you had such a stressful day! I hope things go more smoothly now...
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,483 Member
    @Elbee1 -glad all is ok!