PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    She ate your ear?????🤯
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    But how will you be able to listen without an ear?????? :lol:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    The EAR of corn!…..silly rabbit!….and I was going to make black beans,corn cut off the cob,diced tomatoes,onions,peppers, etc and have with baked pita bread triangles….some days you have to be quick around here with leftover food!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Tea is tomato pasta dish - made up as gone along!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    Connie - that black bean dish sounds pretty fantastic. Maybe I'll find an ear of corn to make it a reality in my kitchen! (no one to grab the last ear most days)
  • conniewilkins56
    I really like the black bean salad and no one else really does so I get it all to myself!

Some days John and I make dinner out of our daughters leftovers!…her family drives her crazy at mealtime with what they will eat…she would be happy just sharing our meals because it is the food she grew up on!…our son would eat anything…probably eat what PAV brews up!…
  • conniewilkins56
    I found two small boneless pork chops in the freezer…I diced them up and dug the wok out of the pantry….throwing in some frozen stir fry veggies, extra broccoli,diced peppers, onions, and garlic….making some white rice as I haven’t had time to eat today and I need some food…210 calories a cup but I have plenty of calories left!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Summer sweet corn here in Indiana is like a religion. It is so so good. I have it at least once a week when the corn stall at the farmer's market is there. Just amazing. I roast it in the oven in the husk at 350 for about 45 minutes. A little butter... a little salt...
  • conniewilkins56
    Athijade wrote: »
    Summer sweet corn here in Indiana is like a religion. It is so so good. I have it at least once a week when the corn stall at the farmer's market is there. Just amazing. I roast it in the oven in the husk at 350 for about 45 minutes. A little butter... a little salt...

I grew up in indiana….what part are you in?….tomatoes in indiana are also a religious thing lol
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Taber corn is the best :smiley:

:lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,813 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Taber corn is the best :smiley:

:lol:

But you’d have to go to the wilds of Alberta to get some fresh!
  • conniewilkins56
    Dinner tonight is lean ground beef patties with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms….maybe a slice of provolone on top and call it Philly Steak!…I think I saw some hot dog buns to use as a roll!…..might just have a salad with the meat and no bread….oh, the decisions….
  • lauriekallis
    Sounds good, Connie. I could make something like that with my veggie sausages! (would, ideally, have a salad on the side - or maybe some little potatoes??)

I had to look up Taber corn. Is it really that good? Flavourful? or just really sweet?
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,733 Member
    I had peanut butter on toast. In my defence it was organic palm-oil-free-unsweetened-100% natural peanut butter...on good granary bread,,, but yeah. Not the best choice I could've made. Never mind.

I was doing an hour long group turbo ride at 20:25 so I needed the carbs....and man, it was a BRUTAL ride on a mountain course so I was really glad of them. And the 3 Haribo Gummy Bears I sucked as I pedalled....
  • PAV8888
    Bleeding heck gushers! I thought you guys not longer allowed bottles in the field???!!! How about mushy peas instead of chips?😹
  • PAV8888
    Garfield you have to fuel your exercise so not sure why you're concerned. You don't climb the Alps on cauliflower! Or else the ride may stink!🙀😹
  • lauriekallis
    Not the best choice I could've made. Never mind.

Sounds like a perfect choice for what you were doing!!!

I, intelligently skipped supper tonight. It worked out okay because I went to see a movie and they were having a $5.00 beer night - normal price $8.00 - so I had a Wellington Helles Lager and Reeses Peanut butter cups! Not that is "Not the best choice I could've made." ... but Never Mind.

Hope lad is okay too, Atki. It wasn't your lad?