Spring Into a New You (May 2022 Challenge)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Spring is a time of new beginnings. What better time to take that first step to better health? Summer is around the corner! Let's get ready. So this month pick one habit you want to change (or more if you are feeling extra adventurous) for this month whether it be for your WOE, fitness, or mental health. Got the activity down but feel like you can still improve? Spring into action to tackle that area.

As you know, my challenges are always roll-your-own so feel free to tailor it to you. If you just want plain ol' unfancy support and accountability, we're here for you.

Let's get this!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,903 Member
    My Goals for May are:

Walk 3 days a week M W F /15,000 steps
    Do my PiYO dvd's 2 times a week Tu & TH
    Drink 140 0unces of water
    Stay with IF and still do Keto
    Meal Prep once a week

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Two goals for May. I’ve just cut out my daily dairy habit as it was clearly causing me problems and I’ve had a setback with my exercise routine that means I need to rethink what I’m doing.

So, goal one is to keep my dairy limited to a couple of days a week and only a small amount of lower carb dairy like cheese or cream. No milk, no yogurt (which I was addicted to, I was eating yogurt every day!). I’m talking a sprinkle of grated cheese on my ground beef for example or a spoon of clotted cream as a treat. That’s all.

Goal two will be to maintain a five day a week exercise routine. I’m not sure right now what that’s going to look like, I really want to tone up but I need to be careful with my hips, so that’s something I can figure out as I go along.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    My goal for this month is to start using my scale again. When I stopped using it, i stopped being accountable.
    My goals are to set up and get familiar with my new body comp scale during week one, and weigh in once a week to start.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @baconslave for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 now, Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs 100 lbs lost of 133 lb goal
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @baconslave for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 now, Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. For challenges my official weigh in day is Sunday. I weigh daily.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs 100 lbs lost of 133 lb goal
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs

5/1/22-158.8 lbs. :-( I can't believe this with all the Elliptical miles Friday, yesterday and stayed way under calories for what I was allotted. Has to be water weight retention. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Did Elliptical 300 minutes for 22.3 miles in first session and 54 minutes for 4.2 miles for 26.5 miles total today. Hopefully that gets me heading downward again. (Did long times on Friday 228 minutes and Saturday 240 minutes too.)

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    CW 164
    May GW 159

I took Thur-Sun off logging, working out and tracking my carbs and nothing changed. I feel like once in a while my body and brain need a short break to see progress.

So much to do in my yard this month that I should make THAT my goal! This includes setting up my container garden, cleaning out the flower beds, weeding/cleaning off the patio and cleaning the algae off my garage door. I should also add washing all my windows. Making post-it note to do lists was effective last week so I will continue that this month. I did swap out my seasonal clothes this weekend. Will put away (neatly) all my coats, scarves, gloves tonight.

Strength training at lunch and hair cut after work so I guess I really am springing into a new me 💖🎉🌹
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2022
    Okay I'm trying to assess what I need for my May goals...after 2 months of being pretty well keto level and not seeing any progress and then looking back to the last times in recent history I did lose weight and seeing they were when I did the Whole30 and when I did WW I think maybe I am going to up my carb goal. I do not think I do well eating high carb as I get hungry easy but I will experiment with more fruit and maybe a sweet potato or baked potato now and then. Of course my original goal was under 100 carbs but I got sort of OCD and was always under 50 so I think I'm aiming for between 50-100 now and I'll reassess at the end of the month and see if that made things better or worse. With all that said here we go:

1. Carbs 50-100 per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix).
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit.

So for yesterday I did not workout. I had 44 carbs. I did have a salad, some mushrooms, and some avocado at lunch. I had berries for a snack.

• anglyn1
    5/2/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 79
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix). Strength Training video
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. Salad at lunch. Green beans at dinner.

I was down .6 lb today but I'm sure that was a coincidence. Still over a pound to go to get to my lowest from after the stomach bug.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    SW 8/26/21 - 214.0 lbs
    CW 5/3/22 - 155.6 lbs
    GW ? - 150.0 lbs or lower

Hanging in there! My back is still sore from Saturday's mega dance party! I wanted to walk yesterday, but it was raining and I might melt. Will try today.

So in the theme of Spring Into A New You, I did something last night. I've always wanted one.

919jnsn1ic6n.jpg

I start lessons this Saturday! I can't wait! I have an acoustic/electric guitar which is being restrung now. But I've always wanted an electric guitar. I received my state tax refund which was more than I usually get, and said...I could save this money or...SPEND IT! So I spent it! I fell in love with a different one, but that was in the $900 range. This one was in the $300 range so I went with it. It's a deep red which is hard to tell in the photo.

I couldn't sign up for kickboxing because they closed. Probably the pandemic forced them to go bankrupt. But I will look around for something else. Another friend who is around my age goes to Taekwondo. So maybe I could try that. I need something structured than just going to the gym and trying to work out without really knowing what I'm doing.

Have a Terrific Tuesday y'all!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Better late than never. I dropped off recording all my food in the latter half of April. I’m going to try and get back in the swing of things with regular weigh ins, tracking food and staying within a calorie budget(with most days being a deficit). I’ve had a hell of an appetite lately and have allowed indulgences over the last few weeks. While tasty, they have not always made me feel good both physically and mentally. Hopefully I can keep things consistent and drop the pounds I’ve added. Here’s to a new month of accountability!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Ok. Hubby is back at work so his sabotage is at an end.
    I did eat some refried beans. And 5 very skinny french fries. I did have a few too many adult bevs this past weekend. But what I had available to me that I didn't eat was much more. I didn't eat: lemon cake, KitKats, Reece's Cups, a whole slew more of those fries, tortilla chips, salt & vinegar potato chips, potato salad, pizza, cookies, reg ice cream, and etc.

At 171.4 this morning. Not too bad for a small carb up. And about to be smacked with hormones.

It's fine. KCKO. Hoping for goal this month (165). Probably won't get it this month, but I'll def try.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    SW 8/26/21 - 214.0 lbs
    CW 5/4/22 - 155.2 lbs
    GW ? - 150.0 lbs or lower

May the 4th be with you!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    SW 164
    CW 163
    May GW 159

Back to logging & tracking Monday. Finding I'm hovering between 40-50 carbs.

A friend stiffed me for a walk at lunch so after work I cleaned out 1 1/2 flower beds plus cut down a bunch of vines at the end of my driveway. Glad I made myself do it. Rain here today so need to make a separate list of indoor 'To Do' items.

Staff meeting at lunch so I can do strength training while listening. Saw a video this morning of making keto fudge pops I think I have all the ingredients on hand :)
  • NYPhotographer2021

Staff meeting at lunch so I can do strength training while listening. Saw a video this morning of making keto fudge pops I think I have all the ingredients on hand :)

Ummm...you simply cannot post something like this without sharing either the video or the ingredients!!! :D
  • anglyn1
    5/3/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 79
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix). Yoga video
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. Veggies in my lunch. Greek chicken bake with lots of veggies for dinner.

My weight went back up some this morning. It was up and down before increasing carbs so I'll continue to monitor the situation.