What to do when your bladder never fills up?

13»

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,839 Member
    edited May 6
    If you’re not peeing enough, it is because you are dehydrated and need to drink more. There is no such thing in medicine as a “strong bladder”. You are underweight and should GAIN weight, not lose it.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 316 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If you’re not peeing enough, it is because you are dehydrated and need to drink more. There is no such thing in medicine as a “strong bladder”. You are underweight and should GAIN weight, not lose it.

This.
    And you said your blood work didn’t show a problem, but that high Hb you mentioned way up thread? That, there is evidence of dehydration in itself.

Just drink.
    And stay off the scales for a bit.
  • kgwoozle6390
    kgwoozle6390 Posts: 4 Member
    I can’t get rehydrated on water alone, I add a bit of electolite powder in with the waterand it makes a huge difference
  • Lilaeats22
    Lilaeats22 Posts: 26 Member
    I can’t get rehydrated on water alone, I add a bit of electolite powder in with the waterand it makes a huge difference

I Have been doing electrolyte powders too, so fart it's not helping me urinate more. is it supposed to? is that a sign I'm getting less dehydrated if I go more? I know they say check urine color, but mines just always medium color, so I don't see its working for me :(
  • Lilaeats22
    KNoceros wrote: »

This.
    And you said your blood work didn’t show a problem, but that high Hb you mentioned way up thread? That, there is evidence of dehydration in itself.

Just drink.

What does High HB stand for? Do you know how I can check to see if I'm getting less dehydrated? I would continue drinking more water if I saw progress but so far I tried it and didn't see progress (urine color staying the same medium color, not urinating more even after adding extra water bottles) I really do want to drink more water to get out of dehydration I'm just worried it won't work at the end and maybe gain 10 lbs.. is there some signs I should look for to see I'm going in the right direction? I only tried 3 days drinking more water then I stopped adding extra water bottle when I saw I didn't pee it out.

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,379 Member
    Give it a month. Drink 4 liters a day and don't weigh yourself. Give your body a chance to get back in balance. Three days isn't enough.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 4,030 Member
    Give it a month. Drink 4 liters a day and don't weigh yourself. Give your body a chance to get back in balance. Three days isn't enough.

4 liters is a huge amount of water. Any particular reason (higher amount because of probable dehydration)? I know the general recommendation of 1.5l should be taken with a grain of salt (ideal water intake depends on many factors) but I don't think I've ever drunk that much water in one day, unless perhaps during a heat wave.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 316 Member
    Apologies, it was a different poster who said that they had had blood tests that showed a high red cell count (or “Hb” / haemoglobin)
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 111 Member
    Lilaeats22 wrote: »

This.

Just drink.

What does High HB stand for? Do you know how I can check to see if I'm getting less dehydrated? I would continue drinking more water if I saw progress but so far I tried it and didn't see progress (urine color staying the same medium color, not urinating more even after adding extra water bottles) I really do want to drink more water to get out of dehydration I'm just worried it won't work at the end and maybe gain 10 lbs.. is there some signs I should look for to see I'm going in the right direction? I only tried 3 days drinking more water then I stopped adding extra water bottle when I saw I didn't pee it out.

You are not giving it enough time to make a different, you need to give it a week or two minimum. You are likely causing long term damage to your body but dont seem to concerned about it. Drink enough water every day for two weeks and see where you are at.
    If you gain 5 pounds its because your body needed it, you're not gaining fat from water and the number on the scale isn't how you should gauge your health.
  • Lilaeats22

This.

Just drink.

You are not giving it enough time to make a different, you need to give it a week or two minimum. You are likely causing long term damage to your body but dont seem to concerned about it. Drink enough water every day for two weeks and see where you are at.
    If you gain 5 pounds its because your body needed it, you're not gaining fat from water and the number on the scale isn't how you should gauge your health.

Ok I am thinking about trying this out for one week, but if I gain 5 lbs from this, will it come off eventually or would I have to cut more calories to lose this? bc the 3 lbs I gained so far hasn't come off.. does it come off after my body gets out of dehydration or would it come off slowly? thats the reason I stopped because I saw I wasn't losing the weight but maybe it comes off later?
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 330 Member

This.

Just drink.

Water has weight. If you're dehydrated, your body doesn't contain enough water. If you correct the dehydration, your weight on the scale will increase by the weight of the water you added. Add 2 lbs worth of water, your weight goes up by 2 lbs. Because that 2 lbs worth of water is literally inside your body, and still weighs 2 lbs. But it's not fat. In order to correct dehydration, the water has to stay inside your body.
  • Lilaeats22

This.

Just drink.

Water has weight. If you're dehydrated, your body doesn't contain enough water. If you correct the dehydration, your weight on the scale will increase by the weight of the water you added. Add 2 lbs worth of water, your weight goes up by 2 lbs. Because that 2 lbs worth of water is literally inside your body, and still weighs 2 lbs. But it's not fat. In order to correct dehydration, the water has to stay inside your body.

Ok thanks that was helpful. Do you know how much water the body should be made up of? because I was considering getting a scale that shows water weight. What amount is normal for not dehydrated body? I know they show the percentage of water. At what percentage is not normal (dehydrated)?
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 19,733 Member
    Did you hear about the dehydrated Frenchman?

Pierre
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    musicfan68 wrote: »

This.

Just drink.

Ok thanks that was helpful. Do you know how much water the body should be made up of? because I was considering getting a scale that shows water weight. What amount is normal for not dehydrated body? I know they show the percentage of water. At what percentage is not normal (dehydrated)?

You've been told all of this this several times between both of your threads. Go back and read them and you will see where at least once someone told you how much of your body is water.

And also, those scales that show water % are not very accurate.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 651 Member
    As everyone else said, in the kindest way….you need help with your thinking, please reach out to a therapist.

Your true weight isn’t this unhealthy starved, dehydrated weight but the few lbs heavier that you weigh when you’re drinking enough that you urinate frequently & a pale, straw colour. That, is your baseline weight. Not some inflated (or actually deflated) weight that you achieve by depriving your body of the fluids it needs to flush out toxins, waste & maintain a healthy state.
    We could all weigh in, like boxers do, 2,3 or maybe 5lb less by being dehydrated but there’s no point, it’s not fat you’ve lost, just water.

Besides, we already discussed on your other thread that you’re actually at an already pretty low/normal BMI and you do not need to work to lose weight.

For goodness sake just drink more?