Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Momentous May!!!

Replies

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    It's kinda weird seeing myself lose weight over this week, considering I've done nothing but lay around and not eat the healthiest. Then again, I have been drinking an insane amount of water, so it's possible this is what I actually weighed at the beginning of the week and I was holding onto water weight on Saturday. AKA, I flushed whatever sodium keeping my weight high out of my system.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: (End of April, 5/1) 250.6 new scale weighs me 6 lbs heavier than old one so not sure about how much I have lost.
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 then see what I think and feel.
    May GW: get back into and stay in the 240s

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    5/2: 250
    5/3: 249.6
    5/6: 249.2

🌻 May GOALS! 🌻
    🟨 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet ✔
    🟨 Keep making progress with walking longer and try to get to 6 days a week ✔ I seem to be consistent with 5 days a week of walking with varying lengths
    🟨 Add strength training (weights, body weight and stretching) ✔Yesterday, but my wrist hurts today
    🟨 plan and cook healthy meals at home ✔
    🟨 Eat at a sensible deficit I was eating very low and then my weight went up a bit so yesterday I ate a little above and today I lost.

I got down to this weight for a minute last month but it was after being sick from the 2nd Booster so I knew I wouldn’t stay there. This week I have again gotten into the 240s just barely but I am so far staying there. I want to get low enough that I can’t pop up out of them. Today I plan to just eat below my calorie goal. Not too low or too high. Also I need to drink more water than yesterday.
    Right before I started my last job I got down to about 245 but that with a scale that weighed me light than my one now. My short term goal is to get to that weight on this scale. So although I will be 6 LBS lighter than when I was last 245 lbs last time I will feel that I lost what I gained both in reality and through replacing my scale. Theoretically I am already lighter than that time 19 months ago but it doesn’t feel that way to me, even if pants and skirts are looser.

I went for a short walk today before breakfast with my youngest. However this will be a NEAT day since I need to straighten up and do some house cleaning for when my son and daughter-in-law come tomorrow for brunch. My husband is the brunch maker. Besides it is mother's day week end.

@CupcakeCrusoe good job working on the goals you can and making progress. Hope you heal up soon
    @kenziestabes Yes weird. I was drinking water and eating low calories went down a bit then started going up so I upped my calories and went down this morning. I didn’t drink enough yesterday so I plan to up the water and stay just under calorie goal today.
    @goal06082021 Having my son and daughter in law over for brunch tomorrow and to my Brothers on Sunday with my Mom and it is also my sister’s birthday. Yes there is sometimes the pull between being a Mom and being a daughter especially when your Mom wasn’t the best. In the past years now that my kids are grown I am pretty chill about it all. Hope your Ultrawalkathon is great.
    @RENAEJAE I vote for #4
    @biohazardinc I hate it when my scale fails since the new one invariably weighs me higher. I only weigh 1st thing in the morning, nude so my weight is always higher on the Drs scale. I know it is all relative but it doesn’t feel that way does it?
  • rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    @JAC581 - I hope you're feeling better today.

@goal06082021 - good luck on your challenge tomorrow!

I've been just blah today. Woke up with a headache & it has been a dull ache all day. We have some humid/rainy weather here which I think is causing it.

Placed my grocery pick up order for the week. Can't wait to get home & make some food.

Lettuce Wraps
    Tomato Onion Frittata
    Ham & Broccoli Frittata
    Baked "Spaghetti" (spaghetti squash)
    Chicken Fajitas
    Cheesesteak stuffed peppers
    Deviled eggs for snacks - I have been craving deviled eggs SO BAD here recently. I could seriously sit down & eat a dozen of them in 1 sitting.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Age 45
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 223.4
    GW for May 220
    UGW 145

Basic BIO: I'm Sarah. Married, no kids. We live separately; at the moment living with mom. Merging houses has been difficult; even prior to the mom situation. I have a beagle mix and 2 cats, in addition to Mom's shi-tzu and her 2 cats. DH has 2 dogs. Working from home for a bank in technology area.

5/1: 222.4
    5/8:
    5/14:
    5/21:
    5/31:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 1 day at gym
    -64 oz of water each day

@justanotherloser007 check out Meetup.com. Always a lot of different groups around the major cities. I haven’t been as active as I used to but went to a few groups that had activities I was interested in and met folks that became friends.

Work had me busy this week. Next week is lots of meetings. Weight had stayed close to the high so it’s more than just sodium right now. Slacking on water so that’s to be my focus. Almost biding my time until mom leaves for her summer place. I’m cooking a certain way to help appease her so I’d be cooking different a bit by myself. I’m needing to reflect on that a bit to see if I can switch some things. She bought I bunch of goodies I can’t have so that’s a non-issue at the moment. I did try one of each, and to test my reaction, to find they weren’t that great or just having the one was good enough. I have seen I progress more in the summer than in the time once she’s back so definitely historical pattern there.

Vet appt for the dog this week so I stayed at my house for the night to help with work timing on the day of the appt. That helped a lot. I do need to do that more often. The lure of doordash is very real for me there. I definitely know I gained during covid due to trying to support local food places by ordering. Otherwise I barely eat out. I knew I should have taken food over so I knew what I was doing when not doing so.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    From @CupcakeCrusoe you know your body, to know whether the high end of normal bmi is good for you.. I know a lot of people who, by bmi, are overweight, but look great, and have no health issues, but it is a very personal decision, and you sound like you've considered carefully.

145 isn't my goal weight, just that is when I won't be considered overweight anymore by BMI standards.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 209.8 (5/1/2022)

GW for May: 205
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

5/7: 207.4
    5/14:
    5/21:
    5/28:

Another week in the books. I think the last 5 lbs have all come from my boobs, which I am both happy and sad about. Happy because I can fit into some of my old tops and they are more perky (lol), sad because when I am at a "normal" weight I tend to have a pretty straight figure (small chest, narrow hips, minimal waist curve) and I like curves! Plus the few bras that still fit now fit poorly. Seriously considering changing my goal to 190; I know it is still technically in the overweight BMI, but I am starting to feel pretty good about how I look and feel. The one thing I would like gone is my tummy, but I have had 4 kids so I doubt it will ever go away completely & I am not sure I care enough about the last of it to lose the rest of my remaining curves. We will see.

Met up with my cousin last night for a small street fair and some dancing. Lots of fun and lots of steps. Today I have a funeral followed by a play. I am trying to find some clothes that will work for both (going straight from the funeral in Sacramento to SF for the play), but I just tried on all my slacks and they all sag in the rear if not straight falling down. Which means I am officially way thinner than 8 years ago when I bought them all! I suppose it is a good problem to have, but really wish I had tried on my clothes earlier, lol.

I hope you all have a great week! One of these days I will actually reply from my computer instead of my phone, and then I will take part in those tag parties. In the meantime, know that I am cheering everyone on!

Goals for May:
    - Meet fiber goals at least 3x per week: ✔️ 4 of 7
    - Meet protein goals at least 3x per week: ✔️ 4 of 7
    - Minimum 6000 steps daily: ❌️ 6 of 7. Although most of the days were well over 6 so I definitely averaged over 6
    - At least 8 glasses water daily: ✔️

• rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    @imgoff232 - I'm also 5'10 and my UGW is somewhere around 190-210. Really where ever my body decides it's happy.

At one point (10 years ago) I got down to 175 and was still in the over weight category. When I talked to my doctor about weight loss a few months ago she even agreed I could not maintain that weight. I want to keep some of my curves, but overall just feel better about myself.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @goal06082021 The street is very peaked so huge puddles tend to form along the edges, and the way people drive around here you'd think the cars are being operated by three blind raccoons in a trench coat, so I don't particularly want to be walking down the middle of the road in the rain, yanno?

LOL!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: (End of April, 5/1) 250.6 new scale weighs me 6 lbs heavier than old one so not sure about how much I have lost.
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 then see what I think and feel.
    May GW: get back into and stay in the 240s

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    5/2: 250
    5/3: 249.6
    5/6: 249.2
    5/8 249

🌻 May GOALS! 🌻
    🟨 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet ✔
    🟨 Keep making progress with walking longer and try to get to 6 days a week ✔
    🟨 Add strength training (weights, body weight and stretching) ✔
    🟨 plan and cook healthy meals at home ✔
    🟨 Eat at a sensible deficit ✔ if I average the week. I have some very low and some somewhat high days. This weekend staying below my calorie goal but not so low as early last week.

Happy Mother's Day to any of you mothers out there! I am having 2 days of it. Yesterday my son and daughter-in-law came for one of my husbands lovely weekend brunches. They are going back home mid month. Today we go to my brother's for lunch with my Mom and sister and her husband. 3 of the cousins will be there to see their grandmother but none of those who are married with children. COVID rates are going up here and it isn't nice enough to have it outside so we are keeping it on the smaller side. Yesterday we took a 30 minute walk after brunch and I hope to get in a walk today. So far I am staying in the 240s but won't be safe until I lose another few lbs.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good afternoon everyone!

Back from my girls' weekend with my bestie- we had a great time shopping, going to a farmer's market for some delicious treats and supplies for dinner, and making a fancy dinner of braciole with spaghetti squash last night.

I don't think I can trust my friend's scale, but it said 187.8 this morning, and it said 188.2 yesterday! So either I had a water gain on Saturday and then lost it today, or I'm losing still, which is nice, because I did manage to stay under maintenance (barely, lol, but it counts!) all weekend!

Back on my scale tomorrow morning, we'll see what happens!

Tag party!
    @kenziestabes weight loss is not dependent on exercise, exercise just makes it easier. :smiley:

@goal06082021 I'm glad you had a good Ultrawalkathon, it sounds awesome!

@RENAEJAE Those all sound like great reasons to stick with it!

@biohazardinc I know the variations between scales can be demoralizing, but keep at it, you've got this.

@KeriA a nice walk after brunch sounds like a great way to celebrate mother's day. Happy mother's day to you.

@rockitwell86 I am the same way about deviled eggs- I can eat just a ton in one sitting if I'm not careful, haha.

@sarah12277 I know what you mean about being around some people making it harder on your goals. I've had to make myself pretty much antisocial at work in order to stick to my stuff- they all like to go out for lunch, and that's just not going to work for me with a deficit.

@swimmom_1 I understand. 122 sounds impossibly small to me, but as I said, it's a personal thing.

@lmgoff232 those all sound like great clothes NSVs!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.

Yesterday I went way off track and didn't track my food because I ate out for breakfast and lunch. I tried my best with breakfast but lunch was a giant steak salad and I had no way of measuring any of it. I just decided to have an off day, and I don't feel too terrible about it today. I got back on track this morning and will weigh myself tomorrow. One thing I am going to have to work on is cutting back on "brown cows" at my favorite cafe (lattes made with whole chocolate milk).

I went sports bra shopping yesterday because all of mine are beat up and falling apart. Trying to find sports bras that fit a 38HH is a workout in itself! I did find one I liked on sale at Kohl's and bought it in every color I could find. I emerged from the outing with a beet-red face and my Fitbit telling me I was earning Zone minutes lol.

The rain has finally stopped here in Pennsylvania so I got out for a walk this morning. I haven't been very active this past week and I could tell as my right hip was very tight and my right calf started hurting a lot walking back uphill. I ended up napping most of the day away after that and now I'm just trying to enjoy the nice, quiet evening and ignore the Sunday Scaries.

Have a great evening and let's get ready for the week ahead!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited May 2022
    Good morning everyone!

I guess my bestie's scale wasn't too far off, weighed in on mine at 188.4 this morning.

I'm proud of myself for not doing what I might normally do in a scenario with my best friend: eating all the things. It's always a great time, and I found this weekend, it's still a great time even if I don't join her for a cookie/brownie/dinner roll with the braciole and spaghetti squash. I honestly barely noticed their absence, and I was never uncomfortably full all weekend. And I still treated myself: we went to a farmer's market I have fond memories of, and I got some delicious breakfast there. I tried the new cornbread donut at Dunkin (I liked it a lot!). I both treated myself and didn't go overboard. Lesson learned: no one's going to care if I don't eat what they're eating.

My concerted effort to log every. single. thing. in MacroFactor has netted me an increase in both daily calorie allowance and expenditure calories, now that it sees that yes, I lose weight on more calories than you gave me, lol.

Anyway, tag party!

@JAC581 Bra shopping is the WORST but I'm glad you found ones that work well for you! And I would've bought them in every color, too, haha.

@nx9j4zk5eh your good, bad, AND ugly all sound like excellent progress. You've found out your limitations, and you're putting changes in your life in action so you can succeed. It's so inspiring, good for you. And not stress-binging is a stellar victory! It's so hard to change those habits we know aren't helpful, you're doing great.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

weight.png