Welcome New Members!

Replies

• bflogal854
    bflogal854 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi from Buffalo NY - I'm tired of paying for programs so I'm jumping over here. I'm a wife, mom, and grandma. I've just started working part-time, semi-retired. Looking to lose 20# by July, hopefully my cardiologist will be happy.
  • cadwallader1990
    cadwallader1990 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hello.
  • 03012002n
    03012002n Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I'm struggling keeping off weight since I'm a binge eater. I'm trying my utmost hardest to get my diet back on track. I was vegan for a year, but I've fallen off the wagon. I'm vegetarian at this point. I need to get my motivation back up and work off the pounds.
  • thyers12e
    thyers12e Posts: 6 Member
    Add me as a friend ladies and gents
  • mimiog19
    mimiog19 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone - I am a returning member (been off the app for almost 2 years I think?) but I'm starting with a totally clean slate - new email/login and everything. I joined a new program and plan on using MyFitnessPal to help track my food intake; I'm a "bored eater" with portion control issues, so I need all the help I can get.
    I'm female, on the downside of 46, and have fibromyalgia, so I'm triple whammied! With the back and knee issues I have, I know I need to take a significant weight off to help alleviate the pain I experience on a daily basis.
    I tried a modified keto diet back in '17-'18, and I did lose 45lbs, but the mental toll it took on me was too much. So I'm trying something a bit different and hope to see some results, no matter how small, over the next 30 days to help keep me motivated.

I would love to connect with others in similar situations to help each other stay motivated and celebrate the NSV.
  • SexyFit58
    SexyFit58 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello,

I was here so long ago. Don't remember when. I'm back, looking to get fit more than lose weight. The weight will go when fitness comes.

I will get profile done soon.

Looking for the love of my life. That guy who can encourage me to do better. And pretend like he's listening when I'm venting. That guy.

It's a struggle let's win together.

SexyFit58
  • Tara_1216
    Tara_1216 Posts: 150 Member
    Not new to MFP, but have not been on in a while. Looking for support and friends. Could use some motivation!
  • UrielTea
    UrielTea Posts: 2 Member
    Need to lose 50lbs, and have been trying for years! Have tried MFP before and it didn't seem to work, but back to give it another go. Just can't seem to get out of the 180s for love or money, it's soooooo frustrating as eat small meals, and walk daily. Now have mild sleep apnea, and MUST lose the weight. So actually am going try and increase my calorie intake (below the minimum atm apparently) just to see if maybe the problem is I have cut back way too much. At least it's a better idea than my first thought of fasting & one meal days.
  • jal_98
    jal_98 Posts: 1 Member
    heyy I'm Jal im a college senior and idk about yall but in my opinion keeping in shape during like school, college etc is HARD and so now at 24 years old im a bit concerned since i have 20 lbs to lose and I need to lose it before 30 because it gets harder as time goes by ahh wish me luckkk
  • fastb20vtec8116
    fastb20vtec8116 Posts: 79 Member
    Been away from the app for a while going to be using it again daily. Add me if you would like!
  • jb_dean
    jb_dean Posts: 3 Member
    Hi fellow My Fitness Pal users!

I’m a 67yo F (she/her) who’s been over weight since I had my daughter in 1980. I was 147# when I got pregnant & by the time she was born, I was 200#! Over the years I’ve lost w diet & exercise but always put it back on. 😖 My highest weight was 286#. That was a few years back & I decided that there was no way (even at 6‘3“) that I was going to hit 300 pounds! So I’m now down to 237#, from 241.5# five days ago. I have that 5.5# loss because of My Fitness Pal. I’ve had a food scale for almost a year but never used it. I found an ad for MyFitnessPal online and decided “what the heck?” and decided to give it a try. I’m so grateful that I did! Not only is weighing my food portions an eye-opener for me but going on this plan has given me even more incentive to up my walking (which my dog, Bella, appreciates 😉). So in five days I’ve lost 5.5#. I know that that’s not a whopping amount and that it’s normal to lose a good amount when you first start out but seeing the results so quickly and knowing that it’s because I’m really doing the work is not only encouraging for me but it’s very satisfying. Since I live alone, I really don’t have a support system. And since my personality tends to say I’m going to do something but I don’t always follow through, I’ve decided not to tell my daughter or anybody close to me that I am on this quest. But when I get down to my goal weight, which is 160 pounds, I know that people that know me will see it and that’s when I’ll be able to say, “yeah I did it this way!“ But I am already sharing the app with my online friends and they are the ones that I am kind of telling my progress to only because most of them are just online friends so it’s not like telling my daughter, who is my only family member other than my grandkids.

So here’s to reaching all of our goals and not getting down on ourselves if we don’t but knowing that we can get right back in and continue the challenge and that we will eventually achieve what we’re setting out to achieve. 🙌🏼✊🏼👍🏼
  • cardioking9
    cardioking9 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey all, I’ve been on this app for about a week and am looking to expand my network.
    Feel free to send me a request if you want to be encouraged; I’ll be your biggest cheerleader!
  • mimishawn2006
    mimishawn2006 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been on MFP on and off for 10 years. I've used it before and had success but once I reach my goals, I tend to let my tracking go. I've never posted or been part of the community features on the program, but I'm thinking some accountability and outreach can make the difference this time.

I'm 34 years old, married with three children. I have Lupus. I have struggled with weight loss my entire life. I suspect most of my issues are with emotional ties to food because I am an emotional binge eater and my bouts of depression coincide with binge eating and tons of weight gain.

I lost 50 lbs in 2015 after our daughter was born and kept it off until 2018 when I had our youngest. I've struggled with losing and gaining the same 10 lbs since then. Frustrating!

I'm at 201 today and fluctuate +/- 6 lbs daily (I weigh at the same time in the same way every day). Looking to lose my 50 and then, in my wildest dreams, another 15. I'd love to be in the 135-140 range, which for my age, condition, and height (5'2") is reasonable, I think.

I know I can do this because I've done it before. Hoping to make some friends along the way this time. :smile:
  • SJF_60
    SJF_60 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All!

Not really new here, but here with a new attitude!

I'm tired of all the "eat this and lose 50 lbs" or "join this plan and all the fat will melt away". Nope, this time it's eat properly, and move my body everyday, in some mannner.

I have a desk job so I need to try to get in some activity at some point, but it's summer almost and that should help.

I've booked our holiday for Dec and want to be comfortable in my clothes. I don't want to spend all holiday worrying that I need to cover my tymmy or my thighs jiggle. I know that I wont be at my goal by then, but I will be well on my way. I'm thinking 85 pounds will put me in a great zone. I don't want to be skinny but I do want to be lean and strong! And at 60 y/o I want to be in a heatlhy place. So if it takes a year to get there safely and my health is improved (not that its bad but let's not tempt fate) I'm fine with that...as long as I'm losing I can live with a slower pace.

Cheers all and let's get losing!
  • joesanabria33
    joesanabria33 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi all looking for more MFP friends. Let's keep each other accountable!
  • thebassmandave
    thebassmandave Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone,

I have been a member of MFP for a few years, but only recently tried to really make a go of things.

I have had weight problems since I was a child and I am definitely one of those people who would find solace in food and comfort eat even when I wasn't hungry!

I gained a lot of weight after I turned 40. I tried a few things to lose weight, but nothing was really effective.

My weight gradually kept creeping up until it got to it's highest ever of 308 lbs.

I started to exercise by treading water in our community swimming pool and that helped get my weight down to 303 lbs which seemed to remain steady for a while.

What really got the wheels in motion for me was attending my wife's Master Gardener Graduation ceremony just over 3 weeks ago.

Whilst I was proudly taking a photo on my cell phone of my wife with her graduation certificate, a lady stopped by and kindly offered to take a pic of both of us.

I've always thought my wife looked great.

She was very athletic in her younger days and since I have known her, she has always taken care of herself and how much she ate; unlike myself!

When I saw the pic on my phone and how I looked, I was really disappointed in how I had let myself go.

I suddenly looked much older than my 54 years and I just didn't really recognize myself.

I have no one to blame but myself for all the years, I sat around eating whatever and whenever I wanted.

I've always loved my food, but didn't really give any thought to the long term effects on my health.

The facts that I had to buy bigger clothes, took meds for high blood pressure and deep down started to really hate myself for what I'd become, still didn't seem to quite motivate me into action.

My wife was always there for me and supported whatever I wanted to do.

After I saw that pic on my phone, that night, I started researching (again) for books on weight loss.

I immediately downloaded and started reading a book which talked about how 10,000 steps a day could lead to losing weight and getting to your ideal weight.

I thought it sounded so simple and started to read through until I got to the section about accountability!!
    For some unknown reason, I thought at first that if I walked 10,000 steps a day, I could still eat and drink what I wanted to and still lose weight and get to my ideal weight!

Um. No!

I stopped reading after the word "accountability" and I knew that there was suddenly a lot more required in order to have a chance of succeeding in my weight loss plan.

That's when I thought back to myfitnesspal.

I knew that it would certainly keep me accountable - I'd tried it a couple of times before and failed!

The difference this time for me was in the planning of the meals and the nutritional content.

Before, I had blown a lot of my calories on things like a few spoons of peanut butter late at night.

This time around, I intended to eat very cleanly for the most part whilst still trying to keep within the limits of my calories and nutritional levels.

I also tried to add in 30-60 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week.

My results so far have been a loss of 9lb in my first 3 weeks.

I have known from a couple of people that this method worked very successfully, and in addition, I have been reading a lot of success stories and comments from people who are struggling with their weight like myself.

I think this is a great and supportive community.

Reading the stories that people from the community have shared has certainly been inspiration to me and made me feel that we are all in this together.

I'm sorry for the long winded rant.

I tend to write a lot where someone else might user fewer words! :)

Anyhow, if I can be of help to anybody here, even if it is just to listen/read; well, I'm here!

Best wishes and success on your journeys!

Dave
  • tschunk2021
    tschunk2021 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi new to this app idk I think I said this somewhere else as I just started scrolling through trying to figure out how to use this and have success ugh smh idk if I’ll figure this app out but wanna say gl to all we totally have this we are so worth it xxxx to all
  • stephaniepalahnuk48
    stephaniepalahnuk48 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi ! Back to MFP . Need to lose the weight. Have too many health issues and need to get healthier . If anyone is type 2 Diabetic and has tips/tricks i'm very interested to hear them. :)
  • Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello.

Hello
  • Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello all, I live in Phoenix Arizona and I've been using MFP for a few years off and on. I really like utilizing this app b/c it's so useful. I have combined this app with the Samsung health app.
    I have really stepped up my tracking because I was recently diagnosed with T1D. Its been a journey so far. I know this disease touches a lot of people but I have been having a hard time finding online groups. If you have any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it!