Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    edited May 2022
    Prewashed radish packages from the supermarket? Previously frozen? 🙀😘
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    edited May 2022
    Wouldn't think so - unless the reefer on the trailer was malfunctioning!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited May 2022
    You can do it, Laurie. 😊

The plan for tonight is chicken Caesar salad but depending on what time I get home and how tired I am, it may be minus the chicken.
  • lauriekallis
    I didn't do it - but my calories for the day are still good. :)
  • PAV8888
    Hope you felt better the rest of the day
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    In honor of mother’s day, we went to In N Out where I indulged in one of their fabulous 🍔burgers. I had a double single (one cheese) and 1/3 🍿order of fries. It cost half a day’s calories but I only do it a few times a year so ....

Tonight it’s non fat yogurt with a sprinkle of Raisin Bran. Not many veggies were consumed today 🥺
  • Yoolypr
    Leftovers and snippets of food that will go bad unless eaten before we leave for vacation. So it was a bit of enchilada casserole, raw carrots, big lettuce salad and a sweet potato. A few sautéed onions on the side. Okay calorie wise.

The next week will be too many restaurants and homemade goodies from the relatives. 🥺. Moderation and wise choices will hopefully get me through it. That and the fact that hubby can eat his meal and polish off anything I don’t want. He will gain not one ounce!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2022
    Tea is veggie lasagne 🤗 Wish I was away this week! Have a lovely time!
  • PAV8888
    Bunnie lasagna? You're selling. I'm not buying! 😹🤣
  • PAV8888
    Yooly you coming here or not yet?
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Yooly you coming here or not yet?

Depends on how much hassle the covid rules in Canada will be. Perhaps in the fall?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2022
    Pity @PAV8888, a portion is winging it’s way to you as I type! 😉🤣🤣
  • lauriekallis
    What a system, Alexandra! You've got this so very organized, always.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    I am struggling with meal ideas. It's like nothing sounds good or I am just too tired to care. I used to love meal planning and cooking. Now it feels like a chore.

One thing I am liking is doing bowls. This week (today actually) I am making hibachi chicken and shrimp bowls. The base will be plain rice and I will top it with teriyaki chicken and shrimp, sweet carrots, and sauteed mushrooms and onions. Then drizzle on some Yum Yum Sauce (a creamy slightly sweet sauce). Super filling for not a lot of points since the proteins and veggies are 0. Next week I am going to do a burrito bowl but not sure what I will put in it yet. Pretty much I aim for lots of veggies and a lean protein over a simple base with a fun item like a sauce on top.

But I need some new ideas... something to spark enjoyment again.
  • lauriekallis
    I hit that every once and awhile. Usually connected to fatigue - because it takes energy to make something interesting. When I get it together my "fix" is music. In anticipation I choose a CD to play (I know that dates me) for prep/cooking time. And once that is on - it all comes together. But. Sometimes. Putting on that CD is darn near impossible.