Sorry I am late
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    5/6-9,258
    5/7-8,286
    5/8-11,189
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    @ewilhelm2467 Oh no poor you ! I hope you soon recover.Hard enough to look after 2 little ones when you are well,a struggle you dont need.You would have thought the dentist took an xray before and would have seen the infection !
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @ewilhelm2487 I hope you feel better soon.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    5/9-5,885
  • izzyred9400
    I managed to fill in the Habit Tracker today.A bit late but I couldn't get it to work on my mobile so my very old & slow laptop had to come out.
    It was a lovely sunny day today,I sorted the garden out & my brother in law took some old bricks to the tip for me.I got a lovely surprise as I saw 2 yellow freesia flowers in one of my tubs at the front.I had forgotten I had planted the bulbs.I have never been successful in growing them before.
    They were my Mum's favourite flower & mine,it really brightened my day.
  • izzyred9400
    xbuj96fzrf76.png
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/7 steps - 15793
    5/8 steps - 12878
    5/9 steps - 12542

I decided to cutback/give up caffeine die to the heart rate issues. I feel lousy at the moment going through the withdrawal. I've had a headache most of the day.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @ewilhelm2487 - That sounds like a terrible experience! I hope the antibiotics work quickly and you heal soon.

@Jax_Grim - It’s a good idea to figure out what’s causing your heart rate to speed up. I often consider giving up coffee, mainly because I don’t like to feel dependent on it. The last time I gave it up, I had a headache on the second day and felt terrible on day three for the entire day. After that, it got much easier but I empathize with you — withdrawal is not pleasant! 🥴 I hope it gets better soon!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures @Yukie_OP and @izzyred9400. The yellow flowers brightened my days! So nice 😊!

I’m about to face the Habit Tracker now after a questionable day. My water intake was good but I didn’t eat the healthiest snacks today. I exercised a lot, which seemed to increase my hunger. Next time, I’ll reach for more protein. I was under my macro target for protein - AGAIN 😬 - and over did the carbs/sugars. I LOVE having my 20 year old home - and it was so fun to see his friends last night and again today, but I have to remember that I can’t eat like they can! 🙄.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2022
    Catching up on steps.
    8 May: 13.316
    9 May: 12.719
    10 May: 12.799
    I have had a couple of really lazy days. On Sunday I pretty much only did laundry. On Monday I had a very stressful appointment with an insurance doctor regarding my disability benefit. I had to try to 'proof' in one hour that I can't work 4 hours a day. I never know what to say for them to believe me and to convey the seriousness of the situation and how much trouble I have just navigating daily life. I have no idea how it went and it will probably be a few weeks before I get the decision. It was a 45 minute drive one way to their office and it was sunny and hot. Combined with the stress, I felt really sick when I arrived. Thankfully I felt a little better during the meeting and I made it home safely, but it was not a good time. Tuesday was another lazy and hot day, so I haven't been for any walks. At least I made my 12k steps.
    My habit tracker is looking like a mess. I really need to do better. If I can't even stick to a simple calorie deficit, then what am I even doing here.
    Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    Here is a picture of Tinus looking how I felt the past days:
    42j49oecm87s.jpg

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @Pupowl - It’s amazing that you are able to get so many steps, even without your planned walks! I’m sorry that you had such a stressful appointment. I think people know themselves best and I feel as though doctors (and other experts/ professionals) should work in partnership with the people they are serving to jointly identify and solve problems (e.g., health, work, learning, independent living, etc.).

It sounds as though you needed the day on Sunday to prepare yourself for the meeting, and Tuesday to recover from the energy needed to get through it, so it makes sense to me that your habit tracker was inconsistent. The next step is the important one and I’m sure you’ll have a better week with the appointment behind you. Best wishes!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Steps May 8 = 7533
    May 9 = 11,250
    May 10= 15,615
    slowly but surely getting into the habit of walking everyday! I got this, now to work on water intake. It should not be this hard to drink water :neutral: At work we still have to wear masks, so it is a pain to drink water while having to remove mask all the time, but I can't use that as an excuse when I'm at home :wink:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In

Slowly but surely working on it - now that the weather is finally getting better, I can get more walks in - yesterday it was in the high 70s in Wisconsin - that called for shorts while walking and it was nice to hear the birds chirping with the sun out
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    5/8 4,771
    5/9 7,056
    5/10 7,434
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    JenHul wrote: »
    Steps May 8 = 7533
    May 9 = 11,250
    May 10= 15,615
    slowly but surely getting into the habit of walking everyday! I got this, now to work on water intake. It should not be this hard to drink water :neutral: At work we still have to wear masks, so it is a pain to drink water while having to remove mask all the time, but I can't use that as an excuse when I'm at home :wink:

I'm not sure if you're looking for advice, but if so something that helped me make a habit of drinking more water are those low / zero calorie water flavor packets. There are so many to choose from now. After a few months I rarely need even one a day to hit my goal of a gallon.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    I've had issues logging in. I had to reset my password even though it was right, lol. Then once I got online, I couldn't post messages.

I'm finally on, I feel bad saying this but I was wondering if I could please be placed on maintenance/cheer section temporarily. I cannot seem to get on track and Im pretty much maintaining anyways. Between this and the log in issues I'm about to lose my mind. I really love this group, and I would like to be able to come back to it asap! I just feel I need a little break to figure this out. Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.