May 9

Replies

• SilverSage1
    SilverSage1 Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Caroline_slowandsteady
    Mango Salsa - I don’t have an actual recipe, it’s just something I throw together.
    Dice up 1 peeled mango into 1/4 inch dice. Dice up a couple slices of red onion and some red bell pepper. Slice a scallion or two. Chop a bunch of cilantro (to taste - I like a lot). Season with your favorite chili seasoning. I like Tajin or chipotle. You can hold I’d here for a while. Right. Before serving, add a pinch of salt and squeeze half of a lime.
    It’s best when freshly made. It will keep in the fridge, but the texture will soften.

I tried to add a picture, but it tells me I don’t have permission. Am I doing something wrong?
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,469 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    1 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

• SilverSage1
    Exercise ✅
    Calories ✅
    Tracking ✅
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Exercise? Walk, 1 mile
    Under calories? Yes, 1,400 max
    Tracked meals? Yes
    Pass Days? 3/3 (None remaining)

Water? No
    Apple Cider Vinegar? Yes

@Caroline_slowandsteady I like slicing courgettes (squash and zucchini) and mixing in a tsp of cocunut oil and quickly roasting on a pan, sprinkle with salt. YUMMY!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 57 minutes of walking, 10 minutes upper body strength
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 0

For breakfast, my husaband often makes up fruit bowls with a base of plain greek Yogurt and a wide variety of fresh, cut up fruits with a homemade latte on the side.

Lunch can be anything, leftovers from the day before, soup and sandwich, what we call "variety plates" which would have cheese and crackers, fruit, nuts, olives, those sorts of things. Sometimes it's salads.

Supper we often do meal kits so the standard would be a protein, a side of usually rice, orzo, potatoes, couscous, or sweet potatoes, and then 1-2 veg or a side salads.. just depends. Where the magic happens in these meals are the spice blends .. sounds silly but my goodness I often am surprised at how what seems like simple food becomes magical.

I'm not really a cook - I can.. but my husband does most of it. He puts a lot of love into the kitchen and he's also a BBQ master on the charcoal grill, so for me being good is more a reflection of staying within my calories than anything else.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    edited May 2022
    BF 2 slices Ezekiel Sesame bread
    34g Santa Cruz Organic lightly roasted PB
    3-4 oz non fat milk w decaf coffee
    7.5-9 oz apple (sometimes strawberries)

L oatmeal
    4 oz 0% plain Fage yogurt
    30g raisins
    5-6 oz berries or a pear
    Organic raw Almonds-pecans-walnuts 14-42 g total
    * reducing this by eating 5-6 oz crisp Veggies instead.
    Herbal tea

S raw veg 5-6 oz

D
    Chicken, salmon, very lean beef (1/week) pork (1/month) 2-3 months oz
    Cooked peas 4 oz
    Alexia potato puffs 14-18 “puffs”
    Sparking water

Every other day, no meat. I will often eat toast w peanut butter &’another apple for dinner.

S
    Nuts 42g & 30 g raisins
    (Switched this to 5-6 oz raw veg most days)
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,141 Member
    May 9

Exercise: 115 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 0
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    3x yes

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    edited May 2022
    Good job on 3 yeses:
    @TerriRichardson112
    @victorious55
    @SummerSkier - that is a good idea to look at friends' diaries. I always feel a little creepy. I also have trouble understanding what a meal is sometimes from the list of ingredients in MFP - it's easier to read when people are writing it more conversationally. But I think I am going to try anyway - I have a lot of new friends to creep on since joining UAC!
    @eokoro
    @snowshoe072
    @jmu1965
    @GrandmaJackie
    @ideas2
    @enlightenme3
    @SilverSage1
    @1stplace4health
    @ashleycarole86
    @calvin20874
    @LazyBlondeChef

Good job checking in regardless - on the way to Champion!
    @Jana_2020

Thanks for sharing food inspiration:
    @TerriRichardson112 - Sounds delicious. By 4/5 veg do you mean 4/5 of your plate is vegetables? Or something else?
    @snowshoe072 - Sound great! Is your collagen powder plant based? I am intrigued by collagen powder - I was reading about it the other day thinking I would buy one but then I got overwhelmed by possibilities.
    @Jana_2020 What is protein coffee?
    @ideas2 Also sounds delicious. I like your ideas for balancing resistant starch with low carb - I have found I am more satiated with a lower carb diet but I do worry about fiber/resistant starch. I also like your idea of having a fermented food goal. I might do that. My current favorite fermented food is this one: https://ferments.hawthornevalley.org/project/ginger-carrots/ and I did actually eat it on the day I listed, on top of the asparagus I had for lunch, but I forgot to list it. My fancy cottage cheese is also fermented. My wife has been drinking a lot of kombucha lately, but I think the kind you buy is too high in sugar and it also has caffeine in it right? Can you make your own with less sugar and no caffeine? I have read some of the books you recommended, but I think basically I want you to write your own book, synthesizing everything you've learned!
    @SilverSage1 Thanks for the mango salsa recipe! How do you think it would be with frozen mango? When we get fresh mango my fruit bat children eat them up so fast! I definitely couldn't keep one around for salsa. And the error when adding a picture is a known bug - I think it happens to everyone sometimes. Did the error say something about vanilla? I think MFP is working on it...
    @1stplace4health Roasted summer squash and zucchini is one of my favorites too - or grilled - but I only like them when they are fresh and local. The ones that travel from far away have a bitterness to me. But in summer and early fall we make that every week and I eat it pretty much every day.
    @ashleycarole86 staying in calorie range with such good food sounds like a real challenge!
    @MadisonMolly2017 oatmeal for lunch - I might try that
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Mon May 9
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong, 5 minutes stretching
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan. I actually worked at the office and packed up all my food like the old days. Sure makes it easier to follow the plan when you don't have any other choices! Well, there was a jar of peanut butter pretzels which in the old days I would have found very tempting, but now I was too freaked out by the germs in it to find it appealing.

I am now back down to my pre-birthday weight (birthday was 4/25 and I continued to gain weight for a week afterwards before turning it around in the beginning of May and it took me 8 days to take it off). I still need to work on getting back down to the pre-NYC vacation weight - but thinking maybe I can take it off in the same time it took me to put it on, which is inspiring.

No, probably not actually because I have my college reunion this weekend with several meals provided - so that will be a challenge and a setback. Oh well! I will get here eventually.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes x3

@Caroline_slowandsteady wat a awesome topic. Ur good days are so healthy! Well done!!! Xo

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Another good day - 3 yeses, 1/3 pass days
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 672 Member
    • Yes, 8,000+ steps, 94 zone minutes
    • Yes
    • Yes

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member

May 9
    Exercise no
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Passes used up.

May 2022-UAC goals: 1/7 days. Hopefully, I will start to post some more successful days of reaching the goals.

I’ll come back to post a day of food. Out of time.
    I also get ideas from others diaries & I leave mine open for others too. I don’t see it as creeping as I see it as a helpful tool. I need help & I love to help others & believe that most people also like to help others.
    Thank you to everyone who does keep their diaries open & for the great responses. It is very helpful to me.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,483 Member
    3 yeses
    1 pass day used
    Good day eating
    Breakfast
    Egg or toast with pb
    Oatmeal

Lunch/dinner
    2 oz burger
    Or chicken
    Salad
    1/2 cup or more of fruit veggie

Snacks
    1/4 cup of nuts
    Cheese/crackers
  • SilverSage1
    edited May 2022
    @SilverSage1 Thanks for the mango salsa recipe! How do you think it would be with frozen mango? When we get fresh mango my fruit bat children eat them up so fast! I definitely couldn't keep one around for salsa. And the error when adding a picture is a known bug - I think it happens to everyone sometimes. Did the error say something about vanilla? I think MFP is working on it...
    I've never had frozen mangoes, but I would think it would work. The texture might be a little different, but the flavor would be the same. Mangoes are everywhere here, so I've never even looked for frozen. LOL about your fruit bat kids! My wife eats mango salsa with a spoon - she doesn't care about the fish under it. I usually have to make extra so I have enough for dinner.
    Other than the mango itself, there are no real calories in it.

lyz1b92ss9nc.jpg

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,699 Member
    Oops, I just posted my comment for the 10th and then wondered whether I had done the 9th?

Here it is:

09/05/2022
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, and walking.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    3 pass days
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,176 Member
    Tuesday

yesx3
    0/3 pass days used
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,699 Member
    @SilverSage1 that mango looks delicious!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,023 Member
    @jamcnewman try the Sam Adams Just the Haze . The Athletic Brewing Com make two possibly more one is Upside Dawn both are good Sam Adams is my favorite Sam has higher carbs about 22 but only around 98 calories for 12 ozs. Much less then the home brewed beer we make 🍺 enjoy!!
    Thanks Kate - will keep an eye out for these (though haven’t seen either here in Canada, yet 😉). @snowshoe072