Low bodyfat % help

I recently got tested and came in at 7.2% bodyfat, i know ive gotten low in the past but i felt lower than ever which is why i went to get tested, my concern is I want to keep my body around this bodyfat % for atleast a little through summer, but i've completely lost my maintenance calories at this point

I am 6'3, 140 pounds, and with my job I usually walk 14,000+ steps a day ontop of weight lifting at night
any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2022
    If you have no idea of your current maintenance needs you, like most people, will have to start with a reasonable estimate and then adjust based on results over a number of weeks.

First decisions are do you want to eat the same level every day / how you want to account for your exercise?

If yes and you want to estimate your exercise in advance:
    Go to a good TDEE calculator like https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (it has a field you can enter your BF%).

If you prefer to estimate your exercise after you have done it to get a variable daily calorie target then go to your goal setup here.
    With all those steps you should choose the highest activity setting. Your weight lifting calories are estimated by logging the entire duration of your workout as "strength training" but in the cardiovascular part of the exercise diary.