What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Strength session with trainer this am. Some balance work with weights, plus some combo core and leg stuff.

Tonight a small group of us rode scenic wooded section by two different trout streams. Pace was mostly social, but included one nice long grinding climb of about 2.5-3miles. This climbing route was requested by two of the women who are strong runners, now building their cycling fitness for a first triathlon.

I LOVE this climb, since the return trip is a gradual winding downhill on a well paved road with no traffic. Last time I measured it, two of us did the return 5 mile segment in 11 minutes, or just under a 30mph average. Its a scream on a bike!

The return sounds thrilling!!!
  • swimmom_1
    My elliptical today was not typical. My internet went out during it. And I watch shows to mentally distract me. So I only did 121 minutes for 9 miles today. Till I got it back working with Verizon help, then ate my first meal, I lost my motivation to go back to it. And I didn't have it in me to do it later in the day.
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    My elliptical today was not typical. My internet went out during it. And I watch shows to mentally distract me. So I only did 121 minutes for 9 miles today. Till I got it back working with Verizon help, then ate my first meal, I lost my motivation to go back to it. And I didn't have it in me to do it later in the day.

...only. LOL. That's amazing. ❤️
  • RaquelFit2
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Another real-world road/paved-trail bike ride, absurdly easy pace (only 2:22 even Z3, mostly about half/half Z1/Z2, this time with the chest belt). Just a hair under 13 miles, mere 10.2 mph moving average. We've gone from cold to hot (for here): It got over 80F today, I believe, and humid.

Still lots of Spring Beauty along the trail, but the Trout Lilies have shriveled; in compensation, there were big patches of Trillium in bloom.

There's nothing like exercising in nature. Sounds idyllic.
  • Jmiguelazo
    Jmiguelazo Posts: 8 Member
    You guys rock, these are all such great workouts!

Deadlifts 3x8-12-255x10,5,10
    Incline Dubl Pres3x8-12-80x8,7,70x8.
    Lat Pulldow 3x8-12-wide grip pull up12,12,10,.
    Barbel Shrugs 3x8-12-205x12,12,12.
    Dumbbell sidelateral raise 3x8-12-25x12,12,12.
    Dumb Rear Later Rais 2x8-12-25x12,12.
    AlternatiHammerCurl 4x8-12-40x12,12,12,
    Incline CloseGripPress 4x8-12-135x12,12,12,
    Alternating V-Ups 3x10-20-10,9,7.
    SeatCalfRaise 3x20-(two 45weightsx20,20,20.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did 6K on the rower and then 25 more on the LateralX yesterday. Neck was starting to hurt in the AM. By last night, it was killing me. This tends to happen from time to time.

I got hit in an auto accident like 35 years ago. T-Boned going 60 MPH. Ironically, had stayed the night over at a buddies house after we drank too much and did the right thing and slept it off and sobered up -- hit the next day on the way home by a guy that blew through a stop sign on to a state highway running late for work.

Neck has never been right since. And the guy's house I stayed at that night - he went on to become one of the most successful chefs in America! True story. Has several famous restaurants in Vegas.

I'll likely take it super easy today if I do any workout at all. Go for another adjustment tomorrow. Went last night and it helped a bit.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Strength session with trainer this am. Some balance work with weights, plus some combo core and leg stuff.

Tonight a small group of us rode scenic wooded section by two different trout streams. Pace was mostly social, but included one nice long grinding climb of about 2.5-3miles. This climbing route was requested by two of the women who are strong runners, now building their cycling fitness for a first triathlon.

I LOVE this climb, since the return trip is a gradual winding downhill on a well paved road with no traffic. Last time I measured it, two of us did the return 5 mile segment in 11 minutes, or just under a 30mph average. Its a scream on a bike!

The return sounds thrilling!!!

I was smiling like a ten year old kid, lol.
  • RaquelFit2
    edited May 2022
    ~30 minute high-intensity, low-impact, cardio workout
    ~30 minute stretch
    ~30 minute walk with dog

(My fitness level is definitely increasing!)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Did 6K on the rower and then 25 more on the LateralX yesterday. Neck was starting to hurt in the AM. By last night, it was killing me. This tends to happen from time to time.

I got hit in an auto accident like 35 years ago. T-Boned going 60 MPH. Ironically, had stayed the night over at a buddies house after we drank too much and did the right thing and slept it off and sobered up -- hit the next day on the way home by a guy that blew through a stop sign on to a state highway running late for work.

Neck has never been right since. And the guy's house I stayed at that night - he went on to become one of the most successful chefs in America! True story. Has several famous restaurants in Vegas.

I'll likely take it super easy today if I do any workout at all. Go for another adjustment tomorrow. Went last night and it helped a bit.

Holy crap! That accident could have easily been fatal.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2022

Holy crap! That accident could have easily been fatal.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

I actually walked away without a scratch and so did he. He hit my back right quarter panel. I was going to Law School the next month and planning to drive that car to Oregon from Ohio. I was young and naive and the insurer said they wouldn't fix the car until I signed a waiver since I wasn't showing any signs of injury. I didn't know better and did sign their paperwork to get the car fixed. These practices were unethical then and would likely be illegal now.

The first week driving out West, I had severe whiplash show up and could barely move my neck. And it's been pretty severe on occasion since. Luckily, the rowing really helps the posture, which in turn, has really seemed to help my neck. Before rowing, if I drove over a half hour, it would really hurt. Now, I can drive hours without pain. Just one of those things you learn to live with. No plan on surgery or anything. I respond well to chiropractic adjustments.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    C25K intervals over lunch. Going to walk the dog this evening when I get home...first day in about 2 weeks that we haven't had 40+ MPH winds in the afternoon/evening.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Rowing machining again, 29:36.9 total for the 3 x 2k pieces (2:28 pace/19spm), plus 737 extra meters at easy pace during the 3 x 2' row out/in between and and CD after. 20% of the total time in Z4, most of it Z3, about 12% Z2 and below. I really had zero enthusiasm for the workout today, but finally talked myself into it.
  • swimmom_1
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Since today is just an elliptical day (strength training rest day), I decided to do a @swimmom_1 workout. :D I flipped on a movie, hopped on the elliptical, and just walked. I specifically kept the pace on the slow end because I wanted to go through as much of the movie as I could. Final score: ~80 minutes, all zone 2 (~65% max HR), about 4 miles. I didn't quite make it to the end of the movie because my quad (the one I injured in November) started to get "twingy". I didn't want to push it, so I stopped.

I know I'm slow by some standards, but that's ok. 10 months ago, I was overweight and sedentary. 10 months ago, my elliptical workout couldn't be more than 20 minutes or my knees would hurt. Today I am normal weight and almost "ellipticalled" through an entire movie! I'll take that as a win. :smile:

Keep going everyone. One workout at a time.

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you. Our bodies can do a lot more than we think. The distraction of something helps to pass the time. Congratulations @dralicephd .
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2022
    I went climbing yesterday (back to indoor bouldering.) I lasted 2,75 hours, which is probably too long to be sensible.

I started off really very well indeed, sending loads of stuff. I was pretty poor at the end, possibly because of the pump. The gym has two rooms; my poor session was in the room which has just been reset so was on routes I've not tried before. So it's also possible that I butchered the new stuff. I will find out next week (my next climbing will be Saturday at a different gym; so Monday is the likely day for the going back).

I also did 10 miles' walking.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Lunch spin today.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Boxing and Yoga and may go for a walk tonight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Fit in a bike ride after dentist/grocery mega-expedition, but before it got dusk-like enough to be scary on the road portion at the end. Easy pace ride of 11.67 miles, average speed 10.7 mph on the hybrid bike, 6' Z3, remainder below. The trail portion (which is maybe 8 miles of the 11?) is very twisty: I assume they do that to slow bikes down, and I'm plenty slow enough to start with. Sunny, and hot for here (around 85F).