JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    @pridesabtch -- what a beautiful daughter!! I LOVE LOVE her dress! I missed your post till @Packerfaningb posted them ... guess I didn't see the "spoiler".
    thank you for posting .. she is absolutely beautiful!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - May 11
    1.5L of water - 1.25 getting there
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Exercise - 10 minutes - 🙂

JFT - May 12
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 minutes
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @pridesabtch

The prom photos are absolutely gorgeous and I agree she is beautiful! I hope she had an amazing time :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Okay so I was over on calories again. I did snack last night bit didn't OVER snack. There were things I wanted to eat but decided not to eat. No snacks would have been better but I should have pre-prepped some healthier snacks tbh. I know I snack at bedtime. I know I'm gonna do it. But if I replace the bad stuff with good stuff then it's more damage limitation 😂

I'm proud of myself though, because at dinner I made spaghetti Bolognese. If I didnt switch out the pasta for salad then I would have been waaaaay over.

I don't think I'm gonna post goals. But I'm gonna post and just say what I've achieved for the day and where I could improve. Gotta keep trying different tactics
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Wednesday
    - Shower :(
    - Weigh :(
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - protein bar for brunch :smiley:
    - log food :smiley:
    - stay green :( Oh hell no
    - ride bike or walk :(
    - No alcohol :(
    - dinner at home :(
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a great day y'all! I'm routing for you!

Well yesterday was a cluster, but boy was it fun. Hubby decided to take me out and we played trivia and shot pool, we sucked at both, but had a really good time. Tonight is actually date night, but I think I'll limit the alcohol tonight because last night was rather excessive. Luckily enough I don't feel bad today other than being tired. But then again I'm always tired.

JFT Thursday - Thursday's tend to be my favorite day
    - Up by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :( Afraid to see the bloat from last night
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Global Meeting :smiley:
    - MFP update
    - Meetings and more meetings
    - Go to mom's to sort bills
    - YMCA Spin Class
    - Date Night
    - Limit 3 drinks
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy Thursday y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    JFT for 5/12 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/11)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 5/9)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/12
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/9)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) Turkey jerky ok today.
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 5/4)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 5/10)
    10) None of Gary's stash for my desserts, but can have nuts.
    11) Can eat brunch instead of lunch due to lunch meeting

• mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so I was over on calories again. I did snack last night bit didn't OVER snack. There were things I wanted to eat but decided not to eat. No snacks would have been better but I should have pre-prepped some healthier snacks tbh. I know I snack at bedtime. I know I'm gonna do it. But if I replace the bad stuff with good stuff then it's more damage limitation 😂

I'm proud of myself though, because at dinner I made spaghetti Bolognese. If I didnt switch out the pasta for salad then I would have been waaaaay over.

I don't think I'm gonna post goals. But I'm gonna post and just say what I've achieved for the day and where I could improve. Gotta keep trying different tactics

Bex .. you are doing great, and I kinda agree.. just posting how you did is a great way. I sometimes struggle with what to post for goals because mine are mostly always the same .. log food, water, etc!

I was talking to my hairdresser about losing weight .. this lady is in her 60s and super thin and very fit. I told her my biggest problem is snacking in the evening. She told me she snacks almost all day long ... but its not the snacking that puts on weight .. is what we are snacking on. I'm like you .. I know I will snack in the evenings. But I am trying to grab a apple, or popcorn, or fruit.. something other than sugar or carbs which just lead me to snack more!
    Good luck .. your doing great!
  • mytime6630
    So hubby and I were talking last nite .. trying to figure out what we did different in that BOTH of our AIC numbers went up to prediabetic.
    We gave up alcohol last year because of his red blood counts! I only had a alcoholic drink once when my frients were here.

Ha... told him maybe we need to go back to drinking our wine!!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Sorry I haven't been posting this week, I've not been online much. I had a few days looking after grandson, and I've also got yet another horrible cold so been feeling miserable and tired. So my May challenge is going really badly! I have walked with grandson, but don't feel I can count that as it's so slow it's definitely not exercise. I've managed a few hours of gardening though, so that's a bit of exercise.
    I've also been busy with my parents house (what's new?!) I accepted an offer yesterday so things are moving forward. Now fingers are crossed that everything goes smoothly. It will be very strange not having the house to visit after more than 60 years.

I'm very behind with paperwork, so that will be my aim for this evening.

May Challenge
    Week 1 180/150
    Week 2 0/150

@pridesabtch beautiful photos of your daughter, I hope she had a lovely time.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Well I had plenty of calories to spend, and the candy might be gone soon, so I had one piece. It's not the first piece that kills my diet. So here comes the test. Weigh-in tomorrow!
  • Anniesquats100
    And my horseback riding lesson was cancelled. My instructor was exposed to Covid. So I ate my feelings, but I only had a yogurt, so that's okay. That Covid still scares me. Every time I think it will settle down, it strikes again.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited May 2022
    🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷
    🌷🌱🌷MAY 2022🌷🌱🌷
    🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷
    WEEK 2: 8 - 15 May

For May, my focus is:
    Eat Heathy!
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Move More!
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Daily DONE Log:
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃
    12 May:
    🔹 07.30: Mindfulness meditation
    🔹 07.45: got up/Walking workout
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 posted Sole Mates steps from yesterday
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 Sole mates S/sheet
    🔹 09.30: Sole Mates 10 Day report written/
    posted
    🔹 showered/dressed
    🔹 Breakfast
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 10.30: enjoyed outing with DH to local wildlife centre
    🔹 13.45: lunch/clear up
    🔹 read/ did some puzzles
    🔹 16.00: Coffee/Relax
    🔹 Watch Pointless/news
    🔹 19.00: Make dinner/clear up
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+
    🔹 Watch TV/relax

We went out to local wildlife centre for a walk. The bluebells were out. Magic! I had coffee and some rhubarb and custard cake, so I removed my planned snacks from my log to compensate.

@pridesabtch I haven’t been able to post photos on the app for about six weeks. It’s apparently an ongoing problem with some phones which tech are “working on”. ( Don’t hold your breath! 😝)

🦄 Terri

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Late posting JFT because I spent the morning plus in Revenue Audit, reviewing documents & making necessary copies for my workpapers. The dept. manager and her staff were super helpful, probably b/c they know I like to work with them, not against them. It helps that I ask questions if I don't understand things, which is a novelty for them, unfortunately.

Recap 5/11 W ~ Thunder & dark sky as alarm went off = no dog walk. Impromptu rest day (which I allow in my schedule).
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 6.5K 19 floors 12/14
    2) Figure out supper / net calories zero / 96 oz. water :neutral: not too bad, net cals -153, sodium ok, fiber low-ish, protein good, calcium excellent, 96 oz. water
    3) GAH!!! Stressing over GA-S due date looming & tons of testing left to do. Keep plugging away. :) Selected my test sample & organized quite a bit for next day's fieldwork; feeling better about remaining stds to test. Still a lot to do, but oh well. Pretty sure I won't make the (arbitrary) deadline assigned by a$$t. manager.
    4) Wash towels :) / wash dishes / another ta-da? :smiley: refilled both birdbaths, dragged both rain barrels from storage & set up w/ hubby, made overnight oats
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4.5/6

JFT 5/12 R
    1) Walked dog 3.06 mi before work :smiley: very warm for time of year & humid, which I don't like, still happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Figure out supper / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) Revenue Audit Dept. 9:00 / update mileage log / GA-S testing & F&Ds / Facebook Live video / emails current
    5) Make overnight oats / another ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / 6:15 alarm (PT exercises before work)

May Exercise Challenge:
    Goal 1: PT exercises 4-5 days per week
    Week 1: :smiley::smiley::smiley: {more dog walks instead}
    Week 2: :smiley::smiley:

Goal 2: 3 mile dog walks, up to 5 days per week by end of May if knees permit
    Week 1: :smiley: 3.06 :smiley: 3.18 :) 1.61 w/ hubby :smiley: 3.06
    Week 2: :smiley: 3.25 before work yay :) 1.42 Fox Tails work hike :smiley: 3.06

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • registered for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Wednesday / 5-11-22
    • Make 24H Plan and assess yesterday's :)
    • Drink 64 oz water by refilling my MSQC tumbler x4 :s
    • Intentional Activity either walking or Body Groove :) Closed activity rings on my watch.
    • Prayer Journal / Gratitude Journal / MP Journal :)MP Journal x3 and Gratitude journal
    • TYB Course - module 1 :sMove to Thursday.
    • Bills/Budget - ongoing :)
    • Attach binding to Tim's quilt OR Cut fabric for table topper :)Finished quilting on it, now need to attach binding to back.
    [/i]

@mytime6630 Curious about your quilting. Do you hand stitch the binding onto your quilts or machine sew? I'm really not a fan of binding...gives me problems no matter how I try to do it! :smiley:

@Bex953172 I think writing what you did vs goals is a great idea. I like that our @TerriRichardson112 has been doing that too. I think acknowledging our successes is important...and you do so much every single day with your busy life. Good for you!

Late in posting today, so I'll post what I accomplished also....

On Thursday, I:
    • washed dishes
    • swept floors
    • Cleaned kitchen counters & refrigerator
    • Skin Care
    • laundry
    • made the bed and picked up bedroom
    • Went through stack of mail from last two weeks (UGH)
    • Cleaned out my bills folder
    • updated financial sheet for May
    • Watched more of Module 1 of TYB course
    • 24H Plan & 24H Assessment of yesterday's plan
    • Listened to podcasts
    • Gratitude journal
    • Lunch - Lentil soup with ciabatta roll. Watermelon.
    • Aft Snack: Pretzels.
    • Water 64 oz before 6pm
    • Showered & dressed right away upon getting up this morning

Here are tomorrow's goals

Just for Friday (5-13-22)
    • Make 24H Plan and assess yesterday's
    • Drink 64 oz water by refilling my MSQC tumbler x4
    • Intentional Activity either walking or Body Groove
    • Prayer Journal / Gratitude Journal / MP Journal
    • TYB Course - more of module 1
    • Bills/Budget - ongoing
    • Attach binding to Tim's quilt OR Cut fabric for table topper

WOTY 2022: Intentional My goal in 2022 is to get intentional exercise and to be intentional in my food choices.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 5/12 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/11) ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 5/9)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/12✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/9)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) Turkey jerky ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.[/green]
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 5/4)✔️Didn't eat today.[/green]
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 5/10)✔️Didn't eat today.[/green]
    10) None of Gary's stash for my desserts, but can have nuts.✔️
    11) Can eat brunch instead of lunch due to lunch meeting✔️
    JFT for 5/13 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/11)
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 5/9)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/16
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/12) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/9)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) Turkey jerky ok today.
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 5/4)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 5/10)
    10) None of Gary's stash for my desserts, but can have nuts.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• Anniesquats100

JFT Thursday
    1. Stay away from candyNO
    2. And cookies yes
    3. Eat under calorie limit NO
    4. Dumbbells 40 reps yes
    5. Horseback riding no

Not a great day, but not a total loss either. I had two pieces of candy. I was over my limit by thirty some calories. And horseback riding was cancelled; it would have covered those calories.

On the good side, this is the first time I have done 40 reps of my dumbbell routine since I hurt my knee. It is slowly getting better. I'm about done wearing the brace. Yay!

JFT Friday
    1. Stay away from candy
    2. And cookies
    3. Eat under calorie limit
    4. Yoga
    5. Walk 30 mins
    6. Eat salad
    7. Get new tires installed
    8. Weigh-in
  • Anniesquats100
    Littleblackskirt congratulations on the house offer! That's a huge step forward!
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - May 12
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Exercise - 10 minutes- 👿

JFT - May 13
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 minutes

@TerriRichardson112 and @pridesabtch - if you are using an iPhone you can’t upload pictures through the app but this work around works.

I’ll find it and paste it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Posting pics on iPhones:

This works, I use the app unless I want to post a picture, I have both on my phone now. I find the app better for moving back and forth between notes. The bookmark method below loses your spot.

have written out some instructions on how to save a Safari bookmark to your iPhone home page, so it looks and acts like its own app. Following the steps below will allow you to quickly jump into the forums without launching the MFP app first. You will most likely be asked to log in the initial time you set this up, but afterward, you should stay logged in.
    Please go to the following URL from within your Safari app on your iPhone https://community.myfitnesspal.com/
    Tap the Share icon located at the bottom of the page
    Scroll, find, and tap "Add to Home Screen from the Share menu
    Tap Add to create an icon that will be added to your Home Screen so you can quickly access the MFP community.